Chapter 6

One of the Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is it. If I don’t do my best, it’s going to be the end of my brother and I attending this school.

30 students from each year was required to be in the match. Everyone in the gang and I volunteered to participate in the water gun match.

There were a bunch of bunkers at the field where the match was taking place. A lot of people were on the sides, waiting to watch the game. Even the girls from the all-girls school came to watch.

We were all handed water guns filled with dyed water. The 11th years gets blue-colored water while the 12th years gets red-colored water.

How this game works is, we have to get the flag from the other team and bring it back to our side to win, just like capture the flag. But if your vest gets squirted with the dyed water, you’re out of the game.

To ensure that the game was going to be fair, there was a referee in constant watch of the players.

“We got this, guys.” Kai said, in an attempt to give us a pep-talk.

We nodded in agreement.

“We had to suffer embarrassment last year, so we better not suffer it again this year.” Sehun commented.

I took a peek at the seniors, and then at Kris. He stared back at me with those cold eyes, making me quickly looking away.

Aish, he caught me looking at him.

The match was going to start in a minute, so everyone was decided their positions and prepared themselves as we all walked onto the field.

Even as a kid, I was a pro at these kind of games. I would always be one of the first to be chosen on people’s teams since I was usually one of the best players. I wasn’t the kind of person to play defense, so I always made myself offense.

Before I knew it, the whistle blew, meaning that the match has started. With my water gun in my hand, I went my way into the opponent's territory without being caught, so far.

It wasn’t smart to carelessly run in the opponent’s territory since I could be easily spotted by them. I pretty much planned to stay in hiding for most of the time while trying to scurry to the flag without anyone seeing me.

Unfortunately, the seniors here aren’t that easy. I noticed that my shoulders were wet, which met someone found me and was trying to get me out. I switched to attack mode and immediately shot at a senior with the blue-colored water that was very visible on his vest.

“12th year #15, out!” the referee shouted.

Jeez, I have to be more careful. I was almost screwed back there.

I went back to hiding, shot a few more seniors without them noticing before I realized that there were only a couple of people left at the field. It was me, Tao, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo representing the 11th years. For the 12th years, it was Lay, Baekhyun, Suho, and Kris.

“11th year #20, out!” the referee shouted. C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter