Chapter 10

One of the Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After I got a basketball, we went to the basketball court.

Kris rolled his eyes. “Let’s just get this over with.”

“You remember the deal, right?” I asked him.

“Yeah yeah whatever. When I win, you better never mention the name Wu Fan ever again in this lifetime.”

“Geez, fine. How about the first one to one to have the score of 10 wins?”

“I don’t care.”

We then started the game. I dribbled to Kris’s side and attempted to make a shot before Kris stole the ball and threw it in my hoop.

He smirked at me.

Oh no he didn't!

After 15 minutes, Kris had the score of 9 while I had the score of 8. I had to admit, Kris wasn’t bad at basketball. He was actually pretty good. But so am I.

I got a hold of the basketball trying to shoot a three pointer while Kris was blocking me. I decided to tease Kris by constantly pretending that I was about to throw the ball. Kris got annoyed and tried to hit grab the ball from me before I dodged it and lightly push Kris out of the way. I then jumped as high as I can and threw the ball into the hoop.

I smiled at Kris’s shocked face. “I won.”

Kris had no expression on his face, so I had no idea what he was thinking.

“Good for you.” he said, even though it didn’t seem sincere.

I snickered. “Are you embarrassed that you lost to a hoobae?”

“No way.” Kris spat, looking irritated.

“Since I won, let’s have some fun on your birthday.” I beamed as I put my hands on Kris’s shoulders and led him to the Krispy Kreme donut shop.

“What are we doing here?” he questioned.

“Chanyeol told me that you didn't like cake. So donuts can be the alternative for your birthday cake.” I told him.

“Tsk, Chanyeol is such a blabber mouth. But why Krispy Kreme donuts?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Because, KRISpy Kreme. It has your name on it. Get it?”

Kris let out out a small laugh. “Are you serious?”

Did Kris just laugh? Oh my god, I just made Kris laugh! Even if it was just a small one, I can’t believe it. Amazing. I somehow felt happy at that fact.

“Yup. Plus, Krispy Kreme makes the best donuts.” I walked up to the donut bakery stands, unsure of what flavor to choose.

“You can choose the flavor since I’m not a very picky eater. I’m going to go to a table and wait.” Kris informed me before he left to find a table.

 

I sat down at a table and waited for Amber patiently.

I still couldn’t believe that I let a girl beat me in a game of basketball. Amber really wasn’t a normal girl.

But why did she even care about my birthday? Didn’t she hate me?

Amber came ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter