Chapter 20

One of the Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I quickly pushed part of the crowd aside and lifted Amber up before they could touch her.

“Woah, chill. We weren’t going to do anything bad. We were just going to remove a layer of his shirt to cool him off.” one of my classmates explained to me.

“I’ll take him to the nurse.” I told him before I walked away with Amber in my arms.

“Wait up!” another one of my classmates called out, with the llama plushie in his hand.

I snatched the llama plushie away from him. “Why do you have this?”

“I saw the stuffed llama being thrown out of the window, and I think the little guy ran down all of those stairs to the first floor to get the stuffed llama because he was breathing heavily. And after he finally got his hands on the stuffed llama, that’s when he fainted.”

Was he serious? She’s in the state she’s in right now because of the stupid gift I gave her? How did she even manage to get it thrown out of the window?

I walked back to our dorm room, and saw Krystal.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I was waiting for you.” she replied.

I didn’t say anything after that, and became busy taking care of Amber. I laid her down on my bed and placed a wet towel over her forehead.

I stared at her weak-looking face and sighed at the situation.

I knew that Amber was too hot right now and needed to remove a couple of layers, especially the band around her chest. But I couldn’t just remove it myself. She was a girl.

Aish, what should I do?

“Why are you taking such good care of Aiden?” Krystal suddenly asked me.

I furrowed my eyebrows together. “What do you mean? Isn’t it the right thing to do?”

“But the way you look at him is different.” she added.

“I’m not understanding what you’re trying to say.”

“He’s not trustworthy! You don’t know what he could be hiding!” she unexpectedly bursted.

I rolled my eyes, irritated. “What makes you say that?”

“He’s not the kind of person you think he is. You want to know what he is? He’s a A GIRL. A girl pretending to be a guy in an all-boys’ school!” Krystal blabbered.

How the hell did she find out?

“Why don’t you even look surprised? Did you already know?” she said with hurt in her face.

I didn’t say anything.

“How could you let her stay in this school knowing she was a girl?!”

“It’s none of my business.”

“But she broke the number one requirement to be a student here. BEING MALE! And don’t you think she’s so pathetic? Tsk, she’s probably only in this school to around with other guys.” Krystal retorted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter