Chapter 18

One of the Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up earlier than usual to check on Amber who was peacefully sleeping on my bed. I wasn’t sure if I should wake her up or let her rest more since she was still sick.

I touched her forehead. Her fever went down, but she still needed to rest for at least another day.

Her phone vibrated as a text message popped up on the screen. It was from a guy named “My dino brother.”

Happy birthday, dino sis! Sorry I can’t celebrate your birthday with you today. But I did send you a gift to your house. You'll LOVE IT. Anyways, have a great birthday! Maybe you'll even get lucky and find yourself a boyfriend. Okay scratch that, DON'T EVER GET A BOYFRIEND BECAUSE BOYS YOUR AGE ARE STUPID ☺~Your dino brother, Donghae-oppa

Today was Amber's birthday? I looked at her calendar and she marked today as her birthday.

I heard Amber trying to get up from the bed, but I held onto her shoulders to stop her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I asked her.

“Kris, you don’t have to worry, I’m not sick any-“ she was interrupted with another one of her sneezes.

“Go back to bed. It's the weekend, so you don’t have to worry about classes. I’ll get you breakfast. Don’t go anywhere.” I put her back in bed and left the school.

My body then took me to the hell like place called the mall. I looked around for something that Amber might like.

I couldn’t believe that I was actually doing this.

I had to hurry and find her something because I couldn’t leave Amber hungryly waiting.

I went back inside the toy store that Amber made me go to on the day of my birthday. After some looking around, a certain plushie caught my eye.

“This should be good.” I whispered to myself. I got a hold of it, brought it to the cashier place, and paid for it.

After that, I got Amber's breakfast and went back to the campus.

“OPPA!” an annoying voice called for me.

“Oh god please don’t let it be who I think it is.” I prayed.

“I’ve FINALLY found you! I haven’t gotten a chance to see you since I was traveling around. But I’m back now! Did you miss me?” Krystal chattered.

Krystal was one of those stubborn girls that never gives up when her eyes lay on something she likes.

I didn’t pay any attention to her and continued walking to the dorm room. I had to hurry or Amber will be hungry.

“What is inside that bag you’re holding?” Krystal asked me.

“You don’t need to know.”

She pouted. “Fine.”

When I thought she gave up, she took the bag away from me and peeked inside it.

“Give it back!” I demanded.

“Why do you this in your bag? Since when did you like these things? Who is it for?” Krystal questioned.

“None of your business. You’re a girl in an all-boys’ school. Aren’t you not allowed here?”

“Anyone is allowed to visit on the weekends as long as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter