Chapter 1 - video

It Only Takes A Day To Fall In Love

INTRODUCTION

So my name is Jean Desiree Park and im 21 this year. My mom is korean while my dad is korean-american. I was born and raised in New York with my brother Jason who's 2 years older than me. After my parents divorce a year ago,i chose to follow my mom to Korea instead of staying in New York for 3 reasons. Number one..i can't leave my mother all by herself in Korea. Two..well you guys may think it's a little stupid but i didnt wanna see my ex-boyfriend because he was my first love and he cheated on me with my best friend.. and lastly,i get to be closer to my favourite boy group of all time,Big Bang! I was a dancer in New York before i moved to Korea. I live to dance. I think thats the only thing i'm actually good at,literally. I'm currently working as a part-time dance teacher at one of the dance studios near by my house. I'm about 5'6 and the shortest in the family. Well,during the divorce and my break up.. i was not in good condition.. i've lost alot of weight during that period. Big Bang actually helped me get better throughout that time with their music...and thats when i told myself that if i ever got the chance to meet them i would thank them for helping me through the pain i experienced...if it weren't for them i dont think i would be here right now.

When i heard that YG was organizing a contest for 3 lucky fans to go on a day trip with them I didn't hesitant and read the intructions and straight away went off to do my entry. I decided to dance to their song 'Fantastic Baby' and submitted my video to YG and pray that I would be one of the chosen 3! 

 

2 week after submitting the video to YG

(Jean's P.O.V)

The dead line was 5 days ago and they still havent contacted me or emailed me.And i was starting to lose hope in ever meeting them. I was at the dance studio practicing on my moves hoping it'll help get my mind off the contest. YG said to contact the winners within 4 days after the deadline. Aish... i'm overreacting...maybe they're just busy or something.. just then my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and it was from an unknown number. 'yeobuseyo?' i answered cautiously.

'Good Evening! Is this Miss Desiree Park speaking?' the other line said and i was suprised she talked in english.

'yes and you are?' 'I'm from YG Entertaiment and you've been chosen as one of the lucky 3 VIPS to spend a day with Big Bang!' the lady on the other line said excitedly. I WAS BEYONG SHOCKED.

'OMG! FOR REALS?!' i said trying to not scream on the phone.

'Yes,Congratulations! You're really lucky! Do you speak Korean Miss Park?' she asked.

'so are the other 2 girls! Yeah i can speak but i still need more practice as i just moved here a year ago.' i said afraid they would choose someone else since i dont really speak Korean.

'You were the only one out of the 3 of you that they chose personally. Alright,the date will be this Friday which is in 2 days.We will arrange the transportation and everything so you dont have to worry about anything.Just be at the YG building at 8am sharp alright Miss?' the lady said.

THEY CHOSE MY VIDEO?! THEY ACTUALLY SAW MY VIDEO! HOLYCRAP. i was literally fanning myself with my hand. 'they did? wow,thank you! Okay,i'll see you on Friday at 8am! THANK YOU SO MUCH!' i said as sincere as i can.

'No problem Miss. See you soon! ' she said and hung up. I pack my things and left the studio with a huge smile on my face. My mind started imagining all kinds of scenario of me and Big Bang. I looked at my watch and it was already 11pm and it's freezing outside.

Once i reached home,i saw my mom crying like a baby infront of the tv. Her and her k-dramas again. 'Hey honey! where were you?' my mom asked wiping her nose with a tissue.

'oh i was at the dance studio and guess what!?' i jump on the sofa next to my mom.

'You broke the dance studio's glass again?' my mom asked looking at me curiously.

'No mom. I'm gonna see Big Bang this Friday!!' i said punching my fist in the air.

'OMG! congrats honey! now you can finally meet your future husbands!' my mom said winking at me.

'I dont see them like that. I'm not the delusional fangirl okay mom. I see them as my best guy friends!' i said realizing how dumb i sound.

'sure hun.' she said sarcastically. 'when's the date?' she asked after.

'this friday!' i said with a smile.

'We need to go shopping tomorrow then! We need to get you a cute outfit for your date' My mom said cupping her hands together.

'Well a date with 2 other girls. And i do have cute outfits,i'll just pick something from my closet.'

'Whatever,lets go shopping tomorrow.I'll come home earlier from work okay? OKAY!' she said before i could even answer her. Well thats my mom... she gets what she wants.