The End Of The Day

The Friendly and The Mean

            Junhyung sat on the bed, nibbling on his cookie. Dongwoon was looking through his phone, bored with nothing to do. He turned over to the hyung.

            “Junhyung, let’s go wake Kikwang up!” They both got up and headed over to the room. Peeking inside, Kikwang was already awake, sitting at his computer. Junhyung whispered over to him.

            “Psst, hey.” Kikwang turned over and saw the two huddled at the doorway.

            “Hmm? Come in.” The two came over at sat down on Kikwang’s bed. “What’s up?” Dongwoon began to complain.

            “Kikwang, there’s nothing to do! The three hyungs sleep too much! I’m so bored.” Kikwang rolled his eyes and chuckled.

            “Here, you can use the computer.” He made his way over and sat down beside Junhyung as Dongwoon leapt up and over to the computer. The two sat awkwardly for a bit. Kikwang was staring at the hyung uneasily, wondering if Junhyung was faking his gentleness the whole time.

            “Junhyung, you won’t attack me or anything, right?” Kikwang began to chuckle nervously. Junhyung shook his head, smiling. “Alright, haha.” The continued sitting in silence, awkward with each other. Junhyung let out a sigh and Kikwang looked down to the floor. The younger one got up and went out to grab a snack. Glancing over to the three hyungs, he saw Yoseob and Doojoon asleep with each other on the couch. He stared for a moment, and returned to the room with a cookie. Junhyung looked up and noticed Kikwang’s unhappy pair of eyes.

            “Anything up?”

            “Huh? Aniyo, it’s nothing.” Junhyung smiled and shook his head.

            “Is it Yoseob and Doojoon-hyung?” Kikwang looked up, cheeks red. Looking away he nodded. Dongwoon was still distracted with the computer.

            “H-How’d you know?”

            “What else could it be? There’s nothing else out there that can ruin your mood, is there?” Kikwang sighed.

            “I guess.” Junhyung signaled him over. He sat down next to the hyung, chewing a part of his cookie. Junhyung put his arm over Kikwang’s shoulder to comfort him.

            “Do you like Yoseob?” Kikwang remained quiet but nodded.

            “How’d you guess?”

            “You hated me and Doojoon, who else could I guess?” Kikwang chuckled weakly. Junhyung smiled back apologetically. “Eh, mianhe. For being such a jerk.”

            “It’s alright.”

            “Haha, I guess we’re on the same boat now?” Kikwang looked at him, puzzled.

            “Huh? What do you mean? You like Yoseob-hyung too?” Junhyung shook his head.

            “Aniyo, but I’m in love with Doojoon-hyung.” Kikwang nodded, not knowing how to respond at first.

            “Do you think Doojoon is happier with Yoseob?” Junhyung shrugged.

            “I think it’s likely? The way he’s all over the boy, I’m guessing so.”

            “You’re not planning on separating them are you?”

            “Aniyo, ‘cause I know that’d make Doojoon unhappy.” Kikwang thought about Junhyung’s words for a moment.

            Does that mean I should move on? He turned over to look at the hyung, who was smiling at him. “I should probably move on, then, huh…” Junhyung nodded for an answer.

            “Hey, I’ll help you through it. I should get over Doojoon-hyung, too.” Kikwang smiled.

            “Thanks…hyung.” Junhyung is really nice. I didn’t think he’d be like this…Thank you, Junhyung. Junhyung ruffled the boy’s hair and went off to wake Hyunseung up.

-

            Junhyung and Hyunseung walked down the sidewalk with each other. After Hyunseung woke up, they realized it was getting late. The wind was gently blowing, leaves swept across the streets. Hyunseung reached over to hold Junhyung’s hand normally, surprising him. He relaxed and hesitated for a moment, wondering if he should hold Hyunseung’s hand back. His heart began to beat as he interlocked fingers with the hyung. Hyunseung smiled and squeezed his hand lightly. Junhyung began to blush.

            This feeling is really… He heard a rustling from across the street. Glancing over, Junhyung saw the Jo twins walking off in a direction. Kwangmin seemed to be hyper over something. Youngmin stared at him and continued walking. Junhyung scanned around for the rustling and noticed a moving bush. Suddenly, Connie jumped out from behind the twins and grabbed them both, dragging them back into the bush. Junhyung’s eyes widened, he turned back over to Hyunseung with large eyes. Hyunseung raised an eyebrow.

            “You look like you saw a ghost.”

            “Haha, it’s nothing.” Hyunseung shrugged and the two continued to walk hand in hand. All the way home, Junhyung didn’t let go. His mind had forgotten about Doojoon. He was enjoying the quiet walk with Hyunseung and didn’t want it to end. His feelings had started to develop for Hyunseung. Hyung, I think Yoseob’s right. Maybe I never stopped loving you.

-

            Doojoon and Yoseob strolled down the sidewalk leisurely to Yoseob’s house. Doojoon had his arm around Yoseob, holding him close. The two continued to play I Spy with each other. The hyung played around with the boy’s hair and poked at his cheeks. They talked about funny things and laughed at each other. A bit later, Yoseob climbed onto Doojoon’s back for a piggyback ride. The boy reached around and picked at leaves from the trees that hung over him. When the hyung became tired, the blonde climbed off. Doojoon ruffled his hair and stared at him for a bit. Yoseob stared back innocently.

            “Why’d we stop?” Doojoon smiled at him, nearing his face to the boy’s. Yoseob began to blush, waiting for the hyung to kiss him. Their lips began to brush against each other when they heard footsteps. Brisk footsteps that seemed to be in a hurry. They both looked up and saw a girl dragging the Jo twins across the street. Yoseob looked closer and recognized the two guys. In the distance, the couple didn’t hear the guys talking.

            “Your house has food, right?” Kwangmin said, trying to keep up. Youngmin gave a light tap on his brother’s arm. “What? I’m hungry!” On the other side of the street, the two stared.

            “What…?” Doojoon said, confused.

            “Oh my gosh! Doojoon, those are the Jo twins! Do we help them?!”

            “Nah, they’ll get themselves out of that. It’s just another crazy fangirl.” He smirked and returned his glance to the blonde’s face. “Now where were we?”

            “You were about to k-.” Doojoon had already begun to kiss the boy, leaving him flustered and red. The hyung pulled back and smirked. The boy buried his face into the older one’s chest from embarrassment. “Don’t do that when I’m not ready!”

            “Ahaha, alright. Come on, we’re almost home.” The boy nodded and they continued walking. Once they reached Yoseob’s house, they each took a shower and got ready for bed. Settling into the bed, they hugged each other as they started to fall asleep. “I love you, Yoseob.”

            “I love you, Doojoon-hyung.” The boy smiled joyfully and closed his eyes. The two drifted off to sleep in each other’s arms. This is one of the best days of my life, ever.

----

Connie's another friend. Just slipped her into the fanfic. k. Thank you for suscribing/reading/commenting!