The Man on His Married Life

3.6.5

Journey 43

And on that one, fateful day of September, 365 days after his comeback, Peter Pan married his Tinkerbell - an unlikely couple with an unexpected love story.

Tinkerbell was beyond tears when their vows sealed their love. She was ecstatic. Elated, even. But behind those positive feels lies her deepest worries, fears  and doubts for what will comes next.

1 year, 2 months, and 5 days as of writing: this is how long Tinkerbell was married with Peter Pan. It may not last forever, but she wished their happiness would last longer.

XOXO,
Jinri.

"Princess, are we going now, or do you want us to spend more time on our bed?" Chanyeol teased from downstairs, chuckling from his own joke.
"I'll be there in five!" Jinri called back, closing her diary and tucking it safely in her closet. 

Ever since she was married to Chanyeol, Jinri started recording through writing her every day spent with him. She never missed a detail, even when it's just how loud Chanyeol snores in his sleep or how long they stared at each other.

Sighing, she grabbed her jacket as well as her red scarf, then trotted downstairs.

Surprisingly, Chanyeol was wearing his own red scarf too. They both looked at each other's scarves and laughed, as if they had quickly understood an inside joke.

Chanyeol gently hold Jinri's hand and led her towards their car, and the latter looked up to her husband.

"Seriously, you don't really need to me on my work everyday. You have your own work too, you know." she said.
"But it's my choice." Chanyeol's eyes twinkled as he smiled at her. "My princess deserves to be served by her prince."

Jinri tucked in her seatbelt and waited for Chanyeol to start the engine. She admired how his young features never faded despite of spending another year in Earth. The black pearl, as it seems to be, was more generous that from what they expected.

"My co-workers teased me as a cougar every time they see you." Jinri pouted when they rode off. "They say that I am too old for a youngster like you."
"Yeah... and my co-workers - females mostly - always say that I was too young to waste my youth and single life to an old woman like you." Chanyeol smirked.
"I am not old! I am just 30!"
"Still old." Chanyeol stuck out his tongue.
"Then I wonder if I should have just spent my life with someone the same age as mine? Hmm... perhaps Joonmyeon?" Jinri mocked slyly.
"Nice try, but it won't work on me anymore princess. I know how much you love me."

Jinri chuckled and leaned her right cheek on the window glass, soothing herself from its cold moist.

"It's almost winter."
"What do you want to do on Christmas then?" Chanyeol asked.
"To spend more time with you?" 

Jinri looked sideways and saw Chanyeol smiling, but she did not miss his blank eyes filled with nothing but sadness. Again, she sighed.

"Suprise me then." she said as they finally pulled over Munhwa Broadcasting Company, the place where Jinri worked as researcher for documentaries.
"I'll walk you on your floor." Chanyeol offered. He guided Jinri by her waist, opening the sliding doors for her and securing her hands with his own ones.

As usual, females turned their heads on Chanyeol, all trying to catch his eye. Ever since Jinri introduced her husband a year ago, almost everyone laughed at their . Some even thought of it as a joke. Some tried to boldly flirt with Chanyeol, while others merely shrugged. 

For most of the nosy employees, they will never understand why the 21-year old Chanyeol, who was fresh from his 20s, preferred a 30-year old woman like Jinri. 

How hypocritical of them.

Jinri worked at the 7th floor where there were only a few employees who stayed together in one, cramped newsroom. Even with the small space and workloads, Jinri liked staying on their office. Her co-workers were all welcoming, and they never judged Jinri and Chanyeol's unexplained relationship.

Cheers greeted Jinri and Chanyeol as soon as the latter opened the office door. One of the cheerers looked around and her eyes brightened, pulling Jinri's arm at the same time.

"You're just in time Jinri! Dasom's about to make her birthday wish!" squealed Bora, Jinri's closest co-worker. She glanced at Chanyeol and gave him an energetic and friendly wave, which the other one returned.
"You shouldn't have done this, really." the woman named Dasom uttered, wiping a tear on her eye. She closed her eyes and mumbled a silent wish, then she blew her candles and everyone, Jinri and Chanyeol included, clapped.
"I bet you wished for a husband, eh Dasom?" Woohyun, the graphics editor, teased. "I had this feeling that you were really jealous when our Jinri got married last year."
"Shut up dork, you should say that to yourself." Dasom scowled, but her ears were unmistakably pink. She met eyes with Jinri and Chanyeol, and her face lightened up at the sight of them.
"Happy birthday!" Jinri greeted when Dasom drew nearer, enveloping her on a tight hug at the same time.
"Jinri! You want some?" Hyorin piped in, offering a bowl of freshly-sliced red watermelons.

Jinri picked one slice and bit, her eyes lightening up.

"Oh gosh this is so sweet! May I have another one?" 
"Suit yourself." Hyorin chuckled, giving her another slice. "How about you Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol shook his head politely, then shifted his attention back to Jinri.

"Tastes good?" he asked.
"Mm-hmm! You should try some yeobo!" Jinri exclaimed, holding out her remaining slice of watermelon.

But Chanyeol leaned in and kissed Jinri's lips, not missing to taste the remaining watermelon juice left on her lips. Jinri was stunned from his sudden action, like her heart had literally stopped beating for a second as she contemplated what just happened. It's not that it was her first kiss, yet... Chanyeol still managed to give her the butterflies of a teenager.

"Mmmm. Tastes sweet indeed." Chanyeol answered huskily, grinning from ear to ear as he watched Jinri's reddening face.
"Ugghh! I think I just saw the most horrible thing in my life." Woohyun groaned, abandoning his own watermelon with disgust.
"Okay, okay. Settle down everyone and let's all go back to work. And stop being jealous Woohyun" Sunggyu, the team leader, interrupted.
"I'm not!" Woohyun defended as everyone puts down their own plates of food and started clearing the area.
"I think I should go now. I'll pick you up later." Chanyeol mumbled, pinching Jinri's cheeks one last time.

Jinri bowed her head and nodded timidly, still not getting over the sudden kiss earlier.

"Your husband is really sweet. You are one lucky girl Jinri." Bora commented, looking at Chanyeol's retreating figure. "So! Have you been able to find the subjects Sunggyu asked for?"
"Wha -? Oh yeah! I found one in Busan, and the other one in Cheongju. I uhh..."

Jinri blinked a few times. What was she saying again? Damn you Chanyeol!

Bora chuckled and patted Jinri's shoulder.

"Gather your thoughts now ma friend, or Sunggyu will have our throats later on the general meeting."

And as the image of their team leader ripping their throats came floating in Jinri's mind, she immediately went straight back to work, pushing all unnecessary thoughts of Chanyeol at the back of her mind. She would have to deal to them once Chanyeol drove her home later.

But he never did.

"Jinri, are you sure you'll stay here? It's past seven o'clock already." Bora asked, looking uncertainly on her wristwatch.
"Yes I will Bora. Go now." Jinri answered politely, pushing her friend outside the building. "Have a safe trip home!"
"But -"
"I'll take care of her." Sunggyu butted in, appearing behind Jinri. Bora's eyes instantly twinkled and she nodded eagerly, much energetically than earlier, and took off.
"You too boss. You can go home now." Jinri said, looking at her team leader.

Sunggyu chuckled and shook his head.

"It's dangerous for a lady to wait alone in the middle of the night. So..." Sunggyu sat on the floor and yawned. "I'll be waiting beside you until your ride arrives."

But two hours had passed and Chanyeol's car never came in. Jinri frustratedly looked at her phone for the nth time, waiting for Chanyeol's reply,but it never came.

"Jinri?"

Finally, Jinri stood up.

"I think my husband is not going to pick me up." Jinri said stoically, her voice cold and disappointed. "I'll see you tomorrow Sunggyu."
"Wait! I'll ride you home then." Sunggyu blurted out, grasping Jinri's arm and leading her towards his car. "It's safer when you're with someone you know."

Jinri bowed her head appreciatively and accepted the ride, much too preoccupied due to Chanyeol's suddence absence. It was the first time he did that to her, and now she realized how she misses him even just for a few hours. Surely, Chanyeol has good reason for ditching her, right?

"We're here."
"Thank you for the ride." Jinri feigned a smile, and took off her seatbelt. "Good night."
"Good night."

From afar, Jinri can see that the kitchen's light was open. Sighing, she went inside their house as quietly as possible, and tiptoed towards the kitchen.

She peeked on the door cautiously and saw Chanyeol sitting on the kitchen chair with his head lying on the table. Spread in front of him were baking ingredients and utensils, matched with a tray full of chocolate cupcakes. 

Chanyeol grunted a loud snore, making Jinri roll her eyes amusedly.

"Yeobo." Jinri gently shook Chanyeol's shoulder with a large smile painted on her face. "Yeobo, I'm home."

With a start Chanyeol stood up, his eyes wide and alarmed. He yelped when he saw Jinri in front of him, and he frantically looked at his phone. 9:17 p.m.!

"Omo! I'm sorry I did not pick you up princess! I was baking - and I was tired - I was about to take a nap but - I didn't mean to fall asleep! Sorry!"
"It's okay, you're forgiven." Jinri chuckled and popped a piece of cupcake on . "Yummy."
"Aish. Stupid phone." Chanyeol muttered, still feeling bad.
"Don't worry. I did not wait too long." Jinri lied. "And Sunggyu offered me a ride."
"Oh did he? Well it's good that you have extremely hospitable workmates then. I think I should give Sunggyu some of cupcakes too, hmm? But these are all for yours you see, so I think I'll just make him one next time."

Jinri hugged Chanyeol and snuggled on his chest, feeling more happier than ever. If Chanyeol learned that Jinri accepted a ride from another  man ten years ago, she was sure that the latter will go nuts and jelly. But when he heard how Sunggyu gave her a ride earlier, he was grateful even. It showed how much Chanyeol grew up, how much he was turn into man, and it just proved how resolved he was to being a good husband for her.

And it made her feel so special.

"Thanks for the cupcakes." she said.
"Yeah... I just thought of making an apology for... you know... making you sad earlier."

Later on, Chanyeol and Jinri spent the whole night making another set of cupcakes for Sunggyu due to Chanyeol's insistence. When at last they were finally finished, they both launched themselves on their bed, both weary and happy at the same time.

"That was fun." Jinri beamed, her stomach lying on the mattress.
"Very fun." Chanyeol answered, his body turned towards Jinri, with his right arm supporting his head.

Jinri closed her eyes and giggled, asking for a special gift that only Chanyeol can give. Chanyeol chuckled amusedly and leaned in, closing his eyes at the same time too.

Jinri's blood boiled when Chanyeol's soft and plump lips touched hers, his tongue slowly entering , making her desire him more. Slowly, her hands went all the way under his shirt, caressing his hard, well-toned chest. Chanyeol responded quickly, with twitching with anticipation. He grabbed Jinri by the waist and turned her on her back, so that he was on top of her. He kissed her more, deeply, eagerly, desperately, and he couldn't suppress a groan when Jinri touched his junior, making him sweat all over. He tore Jinri's sweatshirt away and unclasped her bra, going all the way down to squeeze her never ending valley of s. Jinri bit her lip and kissed Chanyeol more, ping his pants... then she stopped.

Her hands fall limply on her sides as she stared at the man in front of him. Chanyeol leaned back and frowned at her, frustrated because she had stopped. But Jinri's expression made him forget his frustration. Instead, he was feeling terrified.

Jinri watched how Chanyeol's black and silky hair turned into wispy strands of gray and white; his young face forming large age lines across his forehead; his milky skin aging into a wrinkled tortoise; his soft, plump lips turning chapped and his white, shiny teeth  into yellow and brittle ones.

It was the day they dreaded the most. 

 

The day when 21-year old Chanyeol turned 88.


You all know how much I looooveeee comments! :")
This story is going to end soon so I hope I'll be able to know your thoughts in this fic!