The Baby is Innocent

3.6.5

Journey 6

Unknown to Jinri was on the night she gave Chanyeol a name, the baby's tattoo fainted again. In fact, she never knew the Cyan Ball's existence - not that she was aware of its purpose - until she and Chanyeol arrived home and she planned on changing his clothes.

"What is that???" she asked herself after she ed his clothes, finally spotting the glowing tattoo below Chanyeol's throat. She leaned closer to study the tattoo further while formed a huge letter 'O'.   "Why is it shining? Is it glow in the dark?" she wondered.

And she turned the lights off.


"WOAH! It's glow in the dark!" she cried, clearly awed at how the tattoo shined brightly despite the absence of light.

She flicked the lights on again and sat beside at a now- Chanyeol. She stared at him with pure curiosity.

"Where did you come from to have a tattoo like that? And at an early age as well?" she asked. The baby rolled over, showing his exposed .

"Oh yeah! I have to put you another diaper. Wait." she remembered, getting completely distracted.

She rummaged the plastic bags she brought home from their shopping. Jinri pulled out newly-bought baby's clothes, milk bottles, pumps, a roll of tissue paper and a pack of  Brand X diaper. She picked the tissue and wiped Chanyeol's using it before she stripped the seal of the diaper pack. She felt more confident that she can put a diaper properly now, because she made sure that she learned everything that the woman on the department store taught her.


"Do you need help?" a saleslady in her early 30's approached Jinri. 

Jinri placed the two packs of diaper back on its position and smiled at the lady. The truth was, she was debating in which brand of diaper she must choose since she was a novice in that field.

"No... err... just passing by." she lied.

The woman studied Jinri carefully then her eyes landed on Chanyeol. She smiled as if she understood the situation.

"For starters, this diaper is best. So I suggest this one." the woman said, picking a Brand Y diaper. "But if you want quality and at the same time budget-wised diaper, then pick this one." she continued, picking the Brand X. Then she gave Jinri a motherly smile.

Jinri scratched her head and smiled sheepishly.

"Then I'll get Brand X please." she mumbled.

The woman nodded and handed the Brand X diaper to Jinri. Jinri reached for it and hesitated.

"Um, do you mind if I ask you how to put a diaper on a baby too?"

 

"So the first step is to place the half-back of the diaper under him until it can come up to his waist." she muttered, doing what she was told.

"Then stretch the front..." she unfolded the front part of the diaper,

"Pull the tab stickers... " a sound of plastered tape was heard,

"And - AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!"

Jinri did not finish her job because at that moment when she was about to tuck the diaper on Chanyeol's waist,  she felt sprinkles of warm and salty fluid coming from Chanyeol's member straight on her face.

"DISGUSTING!!!" she shrieked, hurrying towards the sink and washing her face furiously. She can smell the sickly stench of fresh pee, and she was sure that she got a taste of it as well.

Jinri grabbed her toothbrush and brushed her teeth for several minutes until all she can taste was fresh mint.

After she was done, she went back to Chanyeol fuming in anger.

"I just go easy with you for a little while and you did this to me? Ooooh if only you were not a baby!" she shouted.


Chanyeol rolled over again and laughed. That pissed Jinri more.


"AARRRGGGGHHH!!!" she raised her hands, ready to strangle him but -
"Knock! Knock! Knock!" Kyungsoo barged inside Jinri's apartment without even knocking, making the latter jumped back in surprise and stumbled on the cold, hard floor.
"Aawwwww!!" Jinri groaned, rubbing her buttocks. "What are you doing here?!" she snapped at her best friend.
"Just visiting." Kyungsoo replied casually. "Oh yeah, I heard that you are dismissed earlier because 'your mom's in the hospital', so... how's the visit?" he asked, smirking.

Jinri straightened up and glared at him.

"Can't you see I'm having a hard time right now?"
"Well I -"

Kyungsoo stopped in mid-sentence and closed his eyes abruptly. He twitched his eyebrows now and then as if he felt something mysterious inside the small apartment. Jinri rolled her eyes.

"Kyung-"
"SSHH!" Kyungsoo cut urgently. Then he slowly opened his eyes and stared at Jinri in disbelief. Jinri looked back at him expectantly.
"Do you hear that?" Kyungsoo asked in a hushed tone.
"What?" Jinri whispered.

 

 

 

"PPPPRRRRRUUUUTTTTT".

"AWW KYUNGSOO!!" Jinri clamped her hands on her nose as the putrid smell of Kyungsoo's fart enveloped the whole room. "YOU DOG!" she shouted.

Kyungsoo scratched his ear and laughed.

"Sorry, the truth is, I need to use your bathroom. So can I?"

Jinri pointed her finger towards the bathroom without speaking. She was still clamping her nose while she let the rotten smell subside. Then she applied a little spray of air freshener and by the time Kyungsoo was done with his job, Jinri's apartment already smelled like  lilac.

"Stupid guy, your house is just a two more blocks away. You don't need to have a stop-over at my house." Jinri growled.
"But I can't help it, heaven calls me." Kyungsoo defended. He leaned closer to Jinri and sniffed her briefly. Then a smirk formed in his lips. "Besides, I don't think I'm the only one who stenches here."

Jinri grew self-conscious from Kyungsoo's words. She smelled her shirt discreetly and realized that Chanyeol's pee got a hold on her shirt as well. Her face flamed in embarrassment as Kyungsoo's smirk grew wider.

"I get it, take a bath. I'll take care of the baby." Kyungsoo offered.

That's what Jinri like about Kyungsoo: despite his weirdness and extremely unabashed behavior, he knew where and when to say the right words that can help her avoid further humiliation. She gladly turned her back from him and went straight to the bathroom, grabbing her towel and new set of clothes in the process.

Jinri emerged from the shower with a fresh look on her face 20 minutes later. She glanced past the window which showed her the sky's dark tinge, signaling Kyungsoo's departure. From the window she looked to the living room, and she noticed  that Chanyeol was fully dressed now. 

*Well at least Kyungsoo had the sense to clothe him* she thought. 

Beside the baby sat Kyungsoo, and the two boys were both watching the television attentively.

"Oi, get out now. I'm sure Mrs. Do's looking for you." she called from afar. However Kyungsoo appeared to not hear her, because his eyes were deeply glued on the TV.

"I said, you can get out now Kyungsoo. It's getting late." Jinri repeated.

 

"Uuuuuhhh!! Push it harder! HARDER! Ah ah AAAHHH!!" a woman moaned seductively from the television.
 

Jinri bulged her eyes in horror as she realized the thing that Kyungsoo was watching. She scrambled hurriedly as she heard the continuous flapping of the woman's skin to the man's skin that pushed unwanted thoughts into Jinri's mind.

"KYUNGSOO HOW DARE YOU!!!" she shouted furiously. She attempted to grab the remote control but Kyungsoo was too fast for her. His arm flashed before her eyes, getting the remote control out of her reach.
"Just a few more minutes Jinri!" Kyungsoo pleaded, without taking his eyes off from the screen.
"NO! How - how... how dare you! Inside my house?! AND IN FRONT OF THE BABY?!" she shrieked.

She made another wild grab but missed. From the television she can hear the couple screaming which meant that they're reaching the .... She can hear the woman going wild, and the unwanted thoughts pushed farther in Jinri's mind... *Oh God! Why?!* 

Abandoning her attempt to get the remote, Jinri went straight to the socket and unplugged the TV. She caught a brief glimpse of the man touching the woman's before the television went blank. Kyungsoo groaned horrifically.

"Nooooooo!" he moaned.

Jinri thew the plug with extended force. She was, if possible, angrier than when Chanyeol peed on her.

"If you want to fill your pleasures then do it on your room!" she said, her face flushed in red. She already knew a long time ago what Kyungsoo's hidden desires were. Him watching in her house was not new as well, but it had been a few years back since he did it and she never thought that it'll happen again.

Kyungsoo made a sniff and scratched his ear.

"Mom confiscated my DVD player, so I can't watch for a while..." he muttered.
"Then do it on someone else's room." Jinri answered through gritted teeth 
"Just a few more min-"
"No."
"But-"
"OUT!"

* * *

The next day, Jinri was awakened by soft knocks on her door. She had fallen asleep on the couch again with Chanyeol sleeping beside her, only this time, the baby was not crying out loud.

Jinri rubbed her eyes groggily and staggered forward, opening the door for her first visitor at an early hour.

"Who's that?" she mumbled with her eyes half-closed.
"Jinri." 

Jinri opened her eyes fully and saw her boss Victoria looking concernedly at her.

"Eonnie!" she took a step back so she can let Victoria inside. The latter looked around her apartment first before turning her attention to Jinri.
"I was worried about you last night. You did not go to Blu Planet and you did not text me either. Is there something wrong?" she asked.

Jinri was still half-conscious so Victoria's words almost passed through her ears.

"W-what?" she yawned.
"I said, is there something wrong?" Victoria repeated.
"Oh, nothing.. It's just that ..." Jinri cast a weary eye at Chanyeol and Victoria followed her gaze. 
"Who's that?!" Victoria suddenly asked.
"That... is a stranger. But now his name is Chanyeol." Jinri answered.
"Who... what... why...." 

Jinri yawned again and went to the sink. She washed her face and as the cold water splashed her face, her sleepiness went away. After she was done she was more alert now, and she shrugged at Victoria nonchalantly.

"It's a long story eonnie. I'm sorry I did go to work. I forgot." she said sincerely, which was the truth.
"But who's that...?"
"To put it in simpler words, someone entrusted him to me."
"And you don't know him?"
"Nope."

They both stared at Chanyeol sleeping. And as if the baby felt their stares boring in his face, he slowly opened his eyes. Jinri thought that Chanyeol was about to cry again, and was very surprised when he didn't. Instead it gave them an angelic smile that made Victoria and Jinri swoon in daze.

"He's soooo cuteee" Victoria cooed. She approached Chanyeol cautiously and opened her arms, measuring if the baby will cry if she cuddled him. When Chanyeol gave no response, Victoria carried Chanyeol in her arms and cradled him tenderly.
"He likes you." Jinri commented when Chanyeol did not cry.

Meanwhile, the now 18-month Chanyeol was not staring at Victoria unlike what the latter was doing. No, his attention was far from her face, just below , at those large valleys in her chest.

 

Slowly, he reached for them and squeezed Victoria's s.

 

"Oh! What a feisty kid!" Victoria exclaimed as if it was nothing to her.

But Jinri's jaw dropped. *Oh Kyungsoo I'm going to strangle yooooouuu!!!*


Hello everyone. How's the chapter? I hope it did not bore you, hehe.

Just comment your thoughts, or subscribe, or vote, or simply ignore my author's note. :D
Whatever it is, I still thank you, for reading my fic. Mwaaa!