Friends?

Kidnapped=Love

Chapter 7

“So Min! Stop running, will you? Hyun Joong cried. He caught her hand and she stopped. He turned her towards him and he saw that she was crying. Suddenly, he felt sad too but he diminished that feeling. “Whydid you cry?” Hyun Joong akedsoftly, still holding her hand.

“I….I don’t know,” So Min replied still crying.

Hyun Joong wanted to reach out to her but he just grasp her hand tighter. “We cannot do anything except abide your father, so just stop crying, okay?” he said still in a soft voice.

“Mianhe, Hyun Joong about just now. Can I be alone for a while? I wouldn’t be in my room so you can be in my room,” So Min answered.

“Umm, yeah, sure,” Hyun Joong replied, a bit taken aback.

“Komawayo,” So Min released her hand from Hyun Joong grasp and walked away. Hyun Joong shook his head, not sure what to do. He decided to just go back to his room. So Min’s room.

************

So min stretched her hands. She was at the top of her house. Even though, it was dangerous for So Min to be there, she didn’t care because this was her secret stash out area. She accidentally found this place when she was young. She was bored so she decided to find something to do and she stumbled across this place. She knew her way by heart so she was not afraid. Whenever she was sad, she will always go there. Nobody knew about it. Not even her dad. There, she felt like she is free because nobody can hurt her there or order her around.

She was already feeling better. She could see the vast meadow in front of her house. It had cows grazing on it. It was so peaceful. That was the reason her father chose this place to do his ‘businesses’. The sun was setting and the sky was a purplish and red colour. She let out a huge breath.

She scolded herself for crying in front of Hyun Joong. She didn’t need him to know her weak part. He must have thought she was a wimp, crying like that. And now they have to share a room. “Argh!!!I don’t care. Let him think whatever he wants!” she shouted. So Min suddenly turned her head. She thought she heard a soft laughter but when she checked, there was no one there. “I must be imagining things,” she said aloud as she headed back to her room.

************

Hyun Joong laughed. He had wanted to go back to So Min’s room but he was bored there so he decided to explore the house to see if he could find any means of escape. He was walking along the corridor of the highest floor when he saw a small staircase at the end of the corridor. He climbed the stairs and when reached the top, he saw So Min but she didn’t see him.

He leaned against the opposite site of the roof so that So Min would not see him when she turned. When he heard her shouting “Argh!!!I don’t care. Let him think whatever he wants!” he couldn’t stop himself from laughing. ‘She is so cute’ was the first thing that came to his mind. He decided to keep what he saw a secret. After she left, he got up and headed back to So Min’s room still laughing.

************

After a light dinner of kimchi and ramen, So Min and Hyun Joong headed back to their room. Hyun Joong stuff was already there. So Min’s father cronies had moved his stuff there and the other gangster had come just as her father said they would. They came bearing gifts for their wedding. Her father had introduced Hyun Joong to them. So Min kept quiet throughout the entire process and after they left, only did she speak. “Let’s have dinner, Hyun Joong,” she said and she just stalked off towards the dining room. Not that her father bothered. He left shortly after the gangsters left, only saying he got something to do.

They took turns using the bathroom in So Min’s room. So Min climbed into her bed while Hyun Joong just stood there. “Where am I supposed to sleep?” Hyun Joong said.

“On the floor,” she replied.

“With what?” he asked So Min.

“Urgh, can’t you use your brains?” So Min grunted and climbed out of her bed and got Hun Joong a mattress and a comforter for him. “Here, use this,” she said and then she climbed back into her bed.

“Komawayo,” Hyun Joong grinned. He had wanted to a nice bed to sleep on but what choice did he have. This was not his room. Anyway, he was used to it. When he was small, he always slept on mattresses like this since he live in the orphanage.

So Min couldn’t sleep. How can she? There was another guy in her room. She tossed and turned but she still couldn’t sleep. “Hyun Joong...ah, are you asleep?” she asked.

Hyun Joong was not asleep. He too, could not sleep so he was shocked when So Min asked him whether he was asleep. “Umm, I am not. Why?”

“I just wanted to ask you something. I know we were force to marry but I was just wondering whether, umm…you know, be friends?” So Min asked.

‘Friends. Do I want to be friends with her?’Hyun Joong asked himself. “Yeah, sure. We can be friends.”

So Min exhaled. She was afraid he said no because she was the one that got him into this trouble at first. “Yeah, okay. We should start planning about your escape.”

Hyun Joong sat upright. “Do you have any ideas how I can escape?”

‘He said I, not we. He was the only one going to escape leaving her alone.’So Min suddenly felt sad even though she had decided to forget her dreams of someone rescuing her. “No, but I will think about it.”

Hyun Joong was crestfallen. He lied back on his bed. “Well, okay then. We will just have to figure out a way then.”

“Good night.” So Min suddenly cried.

“Good night,” Hyun Joong replied wondering why the sudden change in So Min’s attitude. A moment ago, she wanted to be his friend but suddenly, she just cut off their conversations by saying goodnight. Hyun Joong sighed and decided to try to get some sleep.

 

Like it? I may have some trouble uploading fast due to connection, okay?

Anyway….Comment.

Hope you forgive me for the late upload!! Mianhe.