Awake, Finally!

Kidnapped=Love

 

Chapter 15

Sunlight flickered in through the hospital’s window. So Min slowly opened her eyes. She was not used to the sudden brightness. Her body felt so limp and weak. ‘Where am I? Am I dead? Is this how dead is supposed to be like?’ she asked herself. She turned to the side of her bed and saw Hyun Joong sleeping there. ‘Wait. This is all wrong. If I am dead, why is Hyun Joong here? Did they kill him too? NO! I remembered I heard police sirens, so he should be saved. Then, am I alive?’

Hyun Joong woke up. He yawned sleepily. When he saw So Min awake, his eyes snapped wide open; he was no longer sleepy.

“So Min, you are awake! You are awake! Thank god you are awake. How are you feeling? I was so freaking worried!” Hyun Joong cried out in relief.

“Where am I? What happened? Where was I shot?” So Min asked as she sat up although her body hurts.

“After the bullet hit you in the stomach, the ambulance brought you to the hospital. Do you know that it has been three days since you woke up?” Hyun Joong cringed at the memory of So Min being shot by the bullet. He couldn’t believe he was so stupid to not realize that she was walking to her father and that she was lying when she said she didn’t love him. ‘I am such an idiot.’

“Three days? I was unconscious for three days? Wow!” So Min said with an intake of breath.

“So Min, how could you do that? Why did you walk towards your father when you know he was holding a gun?”

“I thought that he would relent and let us go or at least let you go based on our father-daughter relationship that we used to have but I was wrong. I mean; I had to try something. After all, I was the one who got you into this mess.”

“Don’t ever do that again, you understand?” Hyun Joong said fiercely. “I will rather die with you than lose you.”

So Min’s heart swelled with love for Hyun Joong. He really loved her. She nodded her head.

“You still haven’t answered me. How are you feeling?” Hyun Joong asked with concern

“Truthfully, I feel so weak and exhausted. I think I better rest but before that, can you get me a glass of water?” So Min slid under the hospital’s comforter.

Hyun Joong handed her a glass of water. “You are right, you better rest. I better call the doctor to tell him you woke up,’ he said as he started towards the door.

“Umm…Hyun Joong, one more thing,” So Min said. Hyun Joong turned and looked at her.

“I love you.”

Hyun Joong came next to her So Min’s bed.

“I love you too,” he said as he gave her a quick peck on the lips, careful not to hurt her and then left.

 

The ending was sweet. I hope I had a boyfriend like that too not that I have one. Anyway, the next chapter will be the last one. So sad, this is my first fanfic and it’s already ending… :( ‘Sniff’…….