Getting closer...

Bittersweet Memories

Wooyoung wakes up when he hears noises outside the tent. He feels something warm hugging him. Thinking of that person is Chansung, Wooyoung slowly opens his eyes moves the person arm. When he feels, something moving beside him, Nichkhun opens his eyes and sees Wooyoung’s already wake up.

“Did you have enough sleeps?” Wooyoung was extremely shocked when he realized that that person is not Chansung. No wonder the scent was different. It was Nichkhun! Wooyoung try to get up quickly, but Nichkhun grabs his wrist and signaling him to stay. When Wooyoung remembers what actually happened last night, he hits his head lightly, feeling regretted. His face turns red as he remembers how childish his action was.

“Wooyoung, I’m talking to you,” says Nichkhun as he waits for Wooyoung to answer his question earlier.

“Huh? Yes, I think I’ve sleep enough.” Wooyoung stutters as he talks to Nichkhun.

“Your eyes are swollen”. Nichkhun tries to tease Wooyoung. The younger boy blushes when he catches the meaning of what Nichkhun said. ‘Ah…now, he’s really thinks that I’m a crybaby…’

“I’m sorry Hyung for disturbing your night.” Wooyoung faces down to the mattress, avoiding Nichkhun eyes.

“No… it’s okay thinks of it as a reward. Thanks to you, our group wins the prize. I’m sorry I can’t defends you from going into the jungle. If I know you was this afraid…” Wooyoung looks at Nichkhun sincere face. He gives Nichkhun a sweet smile convincing the older one that he’s fine.

“I have to go back to my tents. Thanks for everything Hyung” Nichkhun wants to keep Wooyoung to stay for a few more minutes, but they have to pack their things to get ready go back to the school. He really wants to apologize about the last time when he scolds Wooyoung, and he wants to know what the relationship between Wooyoung and Suzy is.

Wooyoung was surprised when he saw Taecyeon and Chansung were together in their tent. The two people smile slyly at him. Wooyoung know very well what’s their smile means.

“Hey Kiddo… How are you? Did you sleep well?” asks Taecyeon, trying to be concern.

“I’m fine Hyung. Thanks”. Chansung greets Wooyoung happily. He was deadly worried about Wooyoung, but last night when Taecyeon told him that Wooyoung is fine and in a good care of Nichkhun, Chansung can sleep in peace.

“I’ve already packed all your things. All left is for us to get away from this awful place,” says Chansung as he grins at Wooyoung. Taecyeon gets out from the tent to let Wooyoung changes his clothes.

Taecyeon enter his tents and sees Nichkhun already finished packing their things. Nichkhun also already changes his clothes.

“Good morning Khun. So. How does it feel?” Taecyeon try to tease his best friend. Nichkhun looks at Taecyeon with a poker face. Today his mood is very good, extremely good.

“Morning Taec. Hmm… it was so good actually. I wish that time stop moving at that moment,” says Nichkhun. Taecyeon laugh at Nichkhun answer. He can sense that his best friend is in a good mood. “Change your clothes quickly. We will move soon. Do you want to get scold like Wooyoung?” Nichkhun tries to joke with Taecyeon but somehow when he mentioned about the incident of him scolding Wooyoung, he can feel his chest in pain.

“Okay. You’re so mean”. Taecyeon quickly change his clothes. They bring their luggage out and put it in the bus first before joining the others for breakfast. Nichkhun can see Wooyoung is seating with his group. He wants to join them but then, he sees that Taecyeon signaling him to sit at the Students Council table.

When everything has already loaded into the bus, take get into the bus. He sees that seat beside Wooyoung is empty; he walks straight to Wooyoung until someone pull his wrist.

“Hyung, sit with me here. I reserved this seat especially for you,” says Minho as he smile cutely at Nichkhun. He pouts his mouth when he sees Nichkhun hesitates.

Nichkhun slowly sits beside Minho, inside he feels so frustrated. If he rejects Minho request, that boy will make a fuss about it. Nichkhun really hate it when Minho starts to whine. If not because Minho’s brother, Junsu is Nichkhun’s best friend, he will never ever hanging around with whiny kid like Minho. Nichkhun put on his headset, avoiding talking with Minho. When he sees Nichkhun avoiding talking to him, Minho pretends he want to sleep. He wraps his arms around Nichkhun’s, and then put his head onto Nichkhun shoulder. Nichkhun just letting Minho doing what he want, feeling idle to care about what the brat do. As for Minho, he’s gloriously smile, thinking that Nichkhun will be his. ‘On your face Jang Wooyoung’. Minho bloods steaming up when he remembered what he saw this morning.

Minho wakes up early this morning when he sees Taecyeon is sitting alone on a table near Wooyoung’s tent. Thinking of Nichkhun was all alone in his tent, Minho quickly make a hot vanilla coffee to give it to much. When he enter Nichkhun’s tent, his heart feel like exploded. His crush is soundly asleep, hugging his new founded rival, Wooyoung. He clenches his fist, wrath spreading all over his body. He couldn’t stand the sight of Wooyoung and Nichkhun in front of him. Wooyoung was tightly holding Nichkhun jacket, right at Nichkhun chest. The boy head was very close to Nichkhun chest, any movements would cause Wooyoung to kiss Nichkhun chest. Meanwhile, Nichkhun was firmly wraps his arms around the younger boy. What’s killing Minho was Nichkhun lip was touching Wooyoung forehead. Minho didn’t care whether it’s accidentally touched there or not, it really gets on his nerve, anger and jealousy spreading all over his body.

Minho gets back to reality as he feels the bus stops. He turns his head to Nichkhun.

“We have arrived”. Nichkhun quickly stands up and gets off from the bus. He takes his luggage as he checks the attendance of the participants for the last time. After all, of the student walks off to their hostels, Nichkhun makes his ways to his hostel. Thanks God earlier Taecyeon willing to take care of his problem, which starts to whine asking he to help him with his luggage.

In front of him, Nichkhun can see a familiar body, struggling with his luggage. Wearing a high insole Adidas sneaker, a skintight white Levi’s Strauss Jean and yellow Varsity, Nichkhun shakes his head seeing the way Wooyoung dress. ‘Fashionable spoil brat’. Nichkhun smiles as he quickens his steps, chasing Wooyoung.

“Ehem…” Wooyoung turns his head back when he hears someone behind him. He starts to blush and startles when he sees it was Nichkhun.

“Let me help you with that”. Without waiting for Wooyoung to answer, Nichkhun take the baggage form him. “No wonder you’re struggle so much with this bag. Even for me it’s still heavy”. Wooyoung only smiles awkward when he heard what Nichkhun said.

“It was my first time going for camping. Therefore, I don’t really know what I should bring. I’m afraid if I just follow the list of thing needed, I’ll facing problems. So, I prepared extra things.”

“I’m sure you did. It was the first time I saw someone look so fashionable in a camp, especially orientation camp”. Wooyoung blushed as he realizes that Nichkhun is teasing him. Nichkhun chuckles when he sees Wooyoung shy reaction. It’s so cute in his eyes.

“Hyung…my dorm is this one, until here then. Hyung should go to your hostel and rest,” says Wooyoung when they reach the front door of their hostel.

“Wow…are you forgetting something or you try to be ignorant?” Wooyoung forehead crinkles, trying to process what Nichkhun means.

“Ah…right. Hyung also live here somewhere”. Nichkhun pouts his lips. Wooyoung grins at Nichkhun reaction. The older man seems to sulk. “I’m sorry Hyung. I forgot,” continued Wooyoung. He didn’t expect Nichkhun to behave like that in front of him, a good start for their relationship.

“It’s okay.” Nichkhun grins at him as they entering the hostel. They stop in front of Wooyoung room. Nichkhun hands Wooyoung his luggage back. Wooyoung looks at Nichkhun awkwardly.

“Okay then, I guesses this is goodbye. See you around. You in go in first”. Nichkhun smiles as he tells Wooyoung to go inside first, but in his heart, he really wishes that Wooyoung would invite him into his room.

“Hmm… see you around Hyung. Thanks”. Wooyoung slowly disappears into his room. When Wooyoung already inside his room, Nichkhun sighs in despair.