Like a little kid..

Bittersweet Memories

Wooyoung can’t stop mumbling and cursing when he finds out about the real clue. It’s become darker when the clouds cover the moon again. Wooyoung starts to feel scare again. In addition, when he finds out it was the full moon. His mind starts to recall the story that Minho told him when they were paired to clean the dishes.

“I bet this is your first time come to this camp right?” Wooyoung just answers the question by nodding his head and focus on his task wiping the plates.

“I’ve been here for three times. Do you want to know a story?” Wooyoung looks at Minho serious face. Look like that man is serious in their conversation.

“What is it?” Curiosity made Wooyoung agreed to hear the story.

“It was the first time I come here when this incident occurred. It was a camp like this. There was this young girl, a very stubborn girl. She went into the wood without any equipment. No one realized because it was right before dinnertime. Everyone was busy getting ready for the activities for that night. They only realized the girl absence at the dinnertime. We searched around the base camp but couldn’t find her. Then the officer made a search in to the wood and found the girl was dead. She broke her neck. They assume that the girl tried to stay safe on the tree and accidentally fall, broke her neck”. Minho paused his story and took a glance at Wooyoung who start to bite his nail, getting Goosebumps from Minho’s story.

“So, what happened then?”

“And here the thing is. The second time I came here, we had camping like this also. An activity needed students to be sent into the forest. Therefore, that night a boy couldn’t make his way back and the officer found him lying on the ground, fainted. When the boy wakes up, the boy told us that a ghost chased him. It turns out the ghost was girl that died during the last camp. The boy told us that the girl head is facing the back of her body”. Wooyoung and Minho end their conversation when an officer came to check whether their task finished or not.

Wooyoung shudders when he hears the sound of twigs breaking. His heart thumps faster. His eyes become teary. He pulls his breath deeply and starts to run to the correct direction of their base camp. With the help of his wristband light, he runs as fast as he could. He runs forward without looking back, afraid if the ghost was there. After a few minutes, he could see the campfire in front of him. The camp is only a few meters from him.

From afar, Nichkhun whom recognize the lights that come from the wristband let out a relieve moan. He runs to fetch Wooyoung. The young boy seems exhausted too much. Nichkhun can see that Wooyoung eyes are swollen. ‘It must been hard for him’ thought Nichkhun. He helps Wooyoung carrying his backpack.

People at the camp applause for Wooyoung as for he was the first one that succeeded to make his way back. Wooyoung gives a fake smile to the audience. Then he sits beside Nichkhun. His hand still trembling and his tears are just waiting for it moment to fall. Thinking of Nichkhun beside him, he controls it as he remembers that Nichkhun said that he’s a crybaby. He wants to look tough in front of Nichkhun. 

Nichkhun stares at Wooyoung trembling hands. Then he looks at Wooyoung watery eyes. He knows that Wooyoung tries to restrain his tear. Wooyoung startles when Nichkhun suddenly pulls his hand. So did Chansung and Suzy, but they didn’t want to interfere because they feel so sleepy. It’s already 2.ooam.

Nichkhun brings Wooyoung into his tent.

“Let it out. It’s okay to cry,” says Nichkhun as he pulls Wooyoung closer and hugs the little boy. At last, Wooyoung can’t control his tears anymore and cry on Nichkhun chest. Nichkhun pats his back slowly. Nichkhun pulls Wooyoung closer to his mattress and they sit.

“Shh...You’re okay now. Calm down,” says Nichkhun as he ruffles the boy head.

“I’m scared Hyung… I want to go home”. Like a little kid, Wooyoung pleads Nichkhun to take him home. He still sobbing, hugging Nichkhun tightly and didn’t let it go. His hand firmly clench to Nichkhun’s jacket.

“It’s okay. Hyung will stay with you. Sleep. Rest, you’re tired”. Nichkhun pulls Wooyoung body with him and lie down. He pats the boy back and didn’t unwrap his arm around Wooyoung.

“Hyung…..” Wooyoung stops crying. All his tears already dried up.

“Hmm…..” Nichkhun then release Wooyoung from his embrace and looks at the young boy face. Wooyoung nose was red because of crying, his eyes swollen. Wooyoung still hold on to Nichkhun’s jacket. Don’t want to let it go. The experience he gains earlier making him feels like a little kid. He doesn’t want to be alone. He needs an older people to take care of him.

“Hyung…Don’t leave me alone. I’m really scared. I think… a… ghost is coming for me” Wooyoung tighten his grips. Nichkhun smiles as he hears Wooyoung’s innocent statement. He knew very well what ghost that Wooyoung said.

“I’ll be here with you. I will not go anywhere. Just have your sleep”. He pulls Wooyoung closer and hugs the little boy. He pats Wooyoung back and the boy instantly fall asleep. ‘He must be really tired’.

Taecyeon was shocked when he enter his tent. He saw Nichkhun hugging Wooyoung whom sleep soundly in Nichkhun’s embrace. Nichkhun puts his finger to his lips, signaling Taecyeon to keep down his voice.

“Yah…What are you doing?” asks Taecyeon slowly. He looks confused at the sight in front of him.

“He’s really scared and tired. Someone must have told him about the stupid ghost story. He cries like a little kid just now…I’m sorry Taec. I think you have to sleep with his teammate, Chansung. I don’t want to wake him up. I even can’t get myself out from his grips,” says Nichkhun slowly. Taecyeon takes a look at Wooyoung hands that tightly clenches Nichkhun’s jacket. He then smiles slyly at Nichkhun.

“You enjoying this actually right?” Nichkhun blushes when Taecyeon try to .

“Yah…Don’t you want to get some sleep? It almost dawn already.”

“That boy is so cute. Look at his chubby cheeks.” Taecyeon tries to touch Wooyoung cheeks, but Nichkhun hit his hand lightly.

“Yah... Don’t disturb him. Let him sleep” Taecyeon chuckles when he sees Nichkhun reaction. He’s being protective at the boy. Then, he get out from the tent and walks toward Chansung tent.

After Taecyeon no longer around, Nichkhun tighten his embrace. As for Wooyoung, he sleeps tightly in Nichkhun embrace, feeling secure.