Hell Camp..

Bittersweet Memories

It is the first day of orientation camp. Wooyoung wakes up early. Yesterday incident still lingers in his mind. It was the most embarrassing moment in his life. Wooyoung sighs.

Tock…tock…tock.

Wooyoung wake up from his slumber when he hears someone knocking on his door. He quickly gets up from his bed and opens the door.

Chansung almost drops his jaws to the floor when he sees Wooyoung is still in his school uniforms.

“Yah! You’re not ready yet.do you know what time is it now?” Chansung can’t believe what he saw. Wooyoung grabs Chansung wrist and look at his watch. It’s already 1.21pm. Their bus will be moving on 2.00pm. However, they need to gather at 1.30 pm for a short briefing. He looks at Chansung. The boy seems depressed, afraid of being late.

“Never mind Channie, you go first”

“But you, it’s okay. I’ll wait. Get ready quickly.” Chansung pushed him into the room.

“No. You go first. If not both of us will be scolded and we’ll lost more points.” Looking at how confident Wooyoung was, Chansung hesitantly left Wooyoung and go to the place where they supposed to assemble. Wooyoung quickly takes his bath after Chansung left. Being a slowpoke, it took him 20 minutes to get ready.

Nichkhun heart beats inconsistently when he still can’t see Wooyoung presence. Other facilitators start to whine up on Wooyoung lateness. Finally, he sees Wooyoung runs to their direction, struggling to pull his luggage. It must be heavy. Nichkhun wants to help the young latter, but his pride and ego keep him from doing so. In addition, he was the head of the Students Council. It would be a disgraced if he helps someone who didn’t follow instructions.

Wooyoung breathes heavily when he reaches the assembly spot. Many eyes were on him. The seniors looking at him with annoying look as for some people looking at him in flattery way. When he was about to apologize of being late, a cold voice mention his name.

“Jang Wooyoung! Come in front” The place became intensely silent. It’s look like some angels are passing by. Slowly Wooyoung made his way to the front. He stands up in front of Nichkhun. The older one stare at him, making Wooyoung feel like shrinking down.

“Who are you making us waiting for you? Why are you this late? What are your reasons for being this late?!” Nichkhun rains Wooyoung with question that make Wooyoung feel like he was grinded to pieces. Blood fuming all over his body, he didn’t dare to look at Nichkhun and only staring down at his feet.

“I...I…I.” Wooyoung stuttered. He was freaking nervous. His feelings were really mixed up. Scare, nervous, embarrass, annoyed.

“Oh wow…Great, now you are talking to our own feet. Am I looking like your damn ing feet? LOOK AT MY FACE WHEN I TALK TO YOU!” Other people kept silenced, afraid to interfere. They did know very well that if Nichkhun get mad, he could build up himself a hell. Wooyoung slowly turns his head up facing Nichkhun. Eyes met eyes. Nichkhun could see that Wooyoung eyes turn red and tear welling inside it. However, he doesn’t give a damn about it. As for Wooyoung, he tries his best not to let his tears fall. This is why he hates orientation!

“Why? Are you gonna cry?”  Nichkhun smirked at him. “Don’t you get the instructions yesterday? What are you doing for being this late?” Nichkhun examines the way Wooyoung dress, impressive. Wooyoung seems to have high fashion sense. He’s wearing a black Quicksilver hoodie; his inside shirt was Emporio Armani, skintight black Denim and a pair of Converse boots.

“I’m so sorry Hyung. I was overslept” Nichkhun startled when he heard Wooyoung answer. ‘Unbelievable…can’t he make a more good excuses’. Nichkhun cursed inside his heart, mad of how honest Wooyoung are. He thought that if Wooyoung gives him a more reasonable excuse, he could let him go and stop the whole drama things.

“What the are you having a nap in the afternoon? Shouldn’t you get ready for the camp? Look at what you had done, we’re late JUST BECAUSE OF YOU!” Nichkhun pressed on his last word. Wooyoung was speechless; don’t know how to defend himself. It was his fault after all. He takes a quick glimpse to Taecyeon that standing behind Nichkhun. Taecyeon aware of the stare and starts to take action. He pats Nichkhun on his shoulder, signaling him to let he take over.

“Hwang Chansung. Come here”. Chansung felt nervous when his name called.

“Why didn’t you call your friend earlier?” asks Taecyeon softly, avoid building tension between them. Before Chansung could give an answer, Wooyoung quickly start to open his mouth.

“He did Hyung. But I told him to go first to avoid both of us from getting scold”. Taecyeon nods his head.

“Okay then. We’re already late. Therefore, there nothing we can do about it. I’ll just deduct 5 point from your team. Now everyone get on the bus”. Wooyoung can hear people are whispering about him. Some give him annoying look. His eyes become more watery. His tears just wait for their time to fall.

“What a man who’s a crybaby”. Wooyoung can feel his chest feels like being stabs many times when he hears what Nichkhun said. Slowly he gets into the bus.

Suzy reserved the back seats for his group. Being a Queenbee in the school, it’s easy for her to control the situation. She looks at Wooyoung with a compassion eyes. She and Chansung let Wooyoung sat in the middle. She pulls Wooyoung head and places it on her shoulder. Slowly she Wooyoung hair. Finally, Wooyoung burst out his tear. Luckily no one realized what happened at the back seat, except one person whom secretly sneak a peek to the back. Wooyoung whimpers at Suzy shoulder. It was the very first time he been humiliated in front of many people. Suzy kept on Wooyoung hair as she accidentally touched Wooyoung forehead. It was a bit hot.

“He’s going to get fever,” said Suzy slowly to Chansung. “Take the fever medicine inside my handbag”. Chansung just follows Suzy’s instruction, looks for the medicine, and get a bottle of water for Wooyoung.

“Oppa, eat this pill first. You’re going to have fever if you don’t eat this”. Slowly Wooyoung takes the pill and swallow. Actually, since this morning his body was hot. That’s why he take a quick nap, but unfortunately it drive him into a deep slumber causing him late for the assembly.

“Channie Oppa, can you move aside a little bit?” without questioning any further, Chansung moves and let Suzy do whatever she want.

“Woo Oppa, lie down hear” she pats her thighs. Wooyoung crease his forehead. Seeing Wooyoung hesitates, Suzy pulls his head. Wooyoung adjust his position to get the comfortable one. His head are aching. When he starts to feel comfortable, he instantly falls asleep.

Without they knowing, there was a pair of eyes staring at them. Nichkhun grasps his fists firmly.