Scared...

Bittersweet Memories

It was still a little bit dark. The sun hasn’t rise yet. Wooyoung strolls around the camp. There are no people around. He was all alone. Wooyoung walks through the cold mist. He was very afraid of being late again. Wooyoung shivers as he could felt coldness crept into his body.

Suddenly, he saw a man came out from a tent near to him. He greeted the boy and smiles to him. The boy gives him a smirk.

“Wow…you are VERY early today”. Wooyoung just smiles hearing what the boy said.

“I’m afraid of being late”

“Yup…You should.” The boy grins to him. He looks at Wooyoung from head to toe. ‘Hmm... Must be a rich brat’ thought him as he see Wooyoung is wearing branded apparel from head to toe, one set of Adidas sport wears.

“My name is Wooyoung. Jang Wooyoung.” Wooyoung reaches out his hand for handshakes.

“Minho, Choi Minho” said Minho as he shakes Wooyoung hands and quickly pulls it back. Wooyoung could see that Minho is not a friendly type. He could feel Minho arrogant aura.

“Well Minho. Nice to meet you” Wooyoung go back to his tent. On his way, he passes by Nichkhun’s tent and for the same time Nichkhun got out from his tent. He startled as he sees Wooyoung in front of him. Before he could open his mouth to talk, Wooyoung bow slightly to greet him and quickly walks away. Nichkhun sighs in despair. The young boy must hate him now.

Wooyoung get back in his tent and sees Chansung is getting ready. He made himself and Chansung a cup of hot chocolate. After finishes their drink, he and Chansung chat a while in their tent. When they hears whistle blows, the quickly comes out from their tent and unites with Suzy.

“Good morning everyone. Today is your first day of orientation. It’s gonna be hard, but please endure it. It’s going to be fun, you will gain many good experience and this will increase your strength, either mind or body” said Taecyeon as he scans every one of the participant. “Our activities will be handling by the professional. As for the seniors, we’ll be divided to each group to facilitate and guide them. Please take care of your group because the group with the highest point will get presents.”

Wooyoung and his group mates sat on their table having their breakfast when Nichkhun approaches them.

“I’m your group facilitator.” Wooyoung chokes when he hears it. Suzy hands him a glass of water. She rubs Wooyoung back. “Why Wooyoung? You don’t want me to be in your group?” Wooyoung quickly shakes his head.

“It’s not like that Hyung” Wooyoung couldn’t face Nichkhun. He only stares on the table.

“Yah… Nichkhun! Stop being mean to him”. Nichkhun feels like being punched on face when Suzy shout to him.

“What do say? I’m your senior. Don’t talk informally to me” Suzy realizes her mistake but she just grins.

“Oops… sorry Oppa. Well, we are gladly accepting the head of Student Council in our group,” said Suzy cynically. Chansung on the other side only smirks.

“Eat your breakfast quickly. I don’t want you all to be LATE!” Wooyoung cheeks turn red as he feels Wooyoung are mocking him. Suzy pouts when he hears what Nichkhun said. They quickly finish their breakfast and follow Nichkhun.

It feels like hell camp for Wooyoung. Nichkhun are being too harsh on them. Even though it’s killing they inside, Wooyoung and his group mates endure it. Thanks to Nichkhun strictness, they don’t even lose a single point ever since the points that they lost because of Wooyoung lateness.

It’s the last night for their camp. The last activity was Wooyoung greatest fear, The Owl night. It’s an activity where they send out alone outside and left in the darkness. Chansung offers himself to represent his group. Unfortunately, Minho whose realizes Wooyoung nervousness, picks Wooyoung. It was the rule of the activity. The opponent groups get to choose their challenger. Minho from the starts doesn’t like Wooyoung group, especially when they get Nichkhun in their group. Nichkhun is his crush. It’s been a long time he fall in love with Nichkhun. He and Nichkhun quite close. However, he can see that Wooyoung existence change something about Nichkhun. He feels threatens when he saw Nichkhun with Wooyoung in the café last time.

“Our group picks Wooyoung from your group,” said Minho as he smirks at Wooyoung. Wooyoung startled. If he refuses, Nichkhun might be mad. He slowly nods his head as he looks at Chansung. Suzy glares at Minho, feeling annoying with the pretty boy. Wooyoung sighs heavily when he moves to the front. Nichkhun watches Wooyoung from behind as the young boy walks slowly to the front. He notices Wooyoung is sweating and his hands are shivering.

The officer covers their eyes. Wooyoung can feel the officer put a backpack on his back.

“Okay. Each of you will be left at different spot inside this camp. Don’t worry of being lost. Fences surround this camp, in case you lost your direction, just walk straight to the front. This camp is free from dangerous wild animals. Inside your backpack, it contains everything you need, map, torchlight, foods and first aids kit.” Wooyoung trembles as he hears the explanation from the officer. He will be out there in the wood alone and has chance of being lost. “Every facilitator of each group follows the officer in charge to the spot for each participant.”

Wooyoung can feel a warm hand hold him. As the hand pull him, he slowly open his steps and slowly follow the direction he was pulled.

Nichkhun heart beats faster when his hand touches Wooyoung’s. He can feel Wooyoung grips firmly his hand. The boy must be in great fear.

When they reach the spot where they supposed to left Wooyoung, Nichkhun secretly takes Wooyoung wrist and put something on it. He comes closer to Wooyoung ears. Wooyoung feels hot breath hitting his neck.

“Good luck. Be strong. Don’t worry too much, you will be okay.” Wooyoung get Goosebumps when he hears Nichkhun whispering to him. Suddenly, he feels Nichkhun wraps something around his neck.

“Jang Wooyoung. Listen, you only can take off your cover when you hear beep sound. Good luck.” Wooyoung can hear footsteps leaving him and it’s getting smaller until all he can hear is crickets sound.

Beep…beeps…beep.

Wooyoung heart almost jumps out from his body when he hears the beep sound. He quickly takes off his eyes cover. It was completely dark around him. The moon was covered by the cloud. Wooyoung quickly checks his backpack. He takes out the given map and torchlight. He gathers all of his gut before takes his first step. The map given was too complicated for him to read. Carefully he examines the map and walks to the direction that he thinks the right one.

For hours, Wooyoung had wanders around the wood. He still can find his way back. Tears start to well in his eyes. He realizes that he lost. He tries to make his way to the fences but his torchlight suddenly run out of power. Finally, tears flow down his cheeks.

“Omma…Appa…I’m scare…Hyung…Help me” Wooyoung sobs in the darkness. He can’t even move his feet. He sits on the ground, holding to the scarf that Nichkhun put on him. He can smell Nichkhun scent on it. It makes him feels secure a little bit. Then, his hand moves to his wrist to check what had Nichkhun put on it earlier. He stops sobbing when he realizes it was a wristband with colorful light inside it. Wooyoung switch on the light. The surrounding brightens up a bit. Fortunately, the moon starts to come out and shine brightly on the ground. Wooyoung checks his map again. He accidentally put the map above his head. His mouth opens wide when he sees the real clue of his way back.

Meanwhile, at the base camp Nichkhun nervously waits, even more nervous than Chansung and Suzy. He goes back and forth in front of them.

“Oppa, why don’t you sit down? You make me more nervous.” Suzy can’t stand the sight of Nichkhun in front her. She tries her best to put her faith in Wooyoung. She knows that Wooyoung can make it. Minho smirks when he sees the anxiety of Wooyoung’s group mate. He’s pretty sure that Wooyoung lost in the jungle because as far as he concern, rich brat like Wooyoung didn’t get used to jungle and they’ll easily lost.

It’s already 1.oo am, and still no participants emerge from the wood. Nichkhun looks at Taecyeon who wait calmly beside him.

“Don’t worry. It needs brain and luck for them to figure out the clue to get out from the wood”. Taecyeon gives Nichkhun a convincing smile to soothe his friend worries.

###HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NICHKHUN...0624...<3 <3