Tree of Life~

BANG BANG BANGTAN~

“Is she breathing?” Xiumin whimpers, leaning over Lay, their resident healer. Lay growls lowly, his eyes flashing. He is trying desperately to find your pulse, but the elder wolf’s breath down his throat isn’t helping.

“I think you got her just in time, hyung” he whispers, hesitating, relaxing some when he finds a pulse. It’s weak, but it is a pulse.

His hopes drop when your pulse drops dramatically, from where it was. Making a desperate whining sound, he sniffs closer, wanting you to wake up. All of the wolves are sitting around you, J-Hope is having to be held back by Monsta and Jin, while the leaders pace.

J-Hope lets out a strangled wail, his wolf sensing your current state.

“Let me go!” he hisses, jerking in his elders arms. “She needs me” he snarls, baring his elongated fangs at Jin, who is actually scared.

“Nothing you do can help her right now” Monsta growls lowly, tightening his hold on the ‘pups’ chest, tugging him back.

His wolf lets out a heart breaking howl when he feels you go completely limp, unable to smell your pulse at all.

“_____” he groans, jerking in his leaders arms, dying to go to your side, panting in restraint. “Save her!” he cries desperately. Kris looks at the younger wolf with pain, sighing heavily. Your state is weighing heavily on all of their hearts… including his.

Lay whimpers, sitting back after a minute, the words leaving his lips dead. “I think she’s gone…” everything goes still. The silence of the dead forest engulfing them whole. Even J-Hope is stunned into silence, before a heart breaking wail leaves his throat as his knees buckle.

“No,” he gasps “please no…” he whispers, pulling away from Jin and Monsta, stumbling over to your body. He cradles you to him, a broken howl rumbling from his chest as your body folds in his arms unnaturally.

Everyone just stands and stares, watching in utter despair.

The silence seemed to drag on for eternity, no one speaks, or moves.


 

Groaning internally, your sub-consciousness writhes as the opposing venoms battle in your veins. Internally you screech in pain, the vampire venom tearing at your body like acid, only cooled by the wolf’s venom.

You can’t hear much going on around you, but you can feel it. Chilled fingers press to your throat, warm air fanning over your throat, making you internally wince as it hits your exposed wound.

There are a lot of harsh feelings going on, but you can’t hear what may be being said.

There is nothing to be heard until a heart breaking wail echoes through your ears, your body desperately wanting to react to it.

J-Hope.

“No…” you hear him gasp in pain. “Please no…” he moans, a broken howl embedding in your soul as you feel his arms wrap around you.

Home.

Home, you realize, is right there… but you can’t move to replicate his actions, all of your limbs hanging loosely on either side of you.

‘j-hope’ you whimper, writhing in your own personal hell, as he battles his.


 

Gasping, J-Hope jumps, staring down at your limp body.

Did you just call his name?

No… he is just going crazy… or was he?

“____?” he whispers, “baby?” he doesn’t care about the fact that his entire pack thinks he has lost it. His unmarked, technically unclaimed mate is laying “dead” in his arms… and he wants to try and talk to her…

Brilliant.

But this catches Xiumin’s attention.


 

You perk up hearing his voice, dying to respond to his gentle touches. He heard you!

‘j-hope’ you call again, whimpering lowly, barely able to make out his words through the fire searing beneath your skin. When will it stop?

‘j-hoppie… why are your hurt?’ you can’t hear him well, but you can feel him… his skin pressed to yours cools the fire, clearing your mind some.

“She’s alive” j-hope yelps out in joy, his eyes lighting up. His back shakes their heads, but EXO frowns in thought.

“The vampire venom…” lay whispers, his eyes lighting up. “the venom is stopping her heart… it’s trying to change her!” he stumbles back over to j-Hope who is cradling your body to his tightly, whispering loving words in your ears, nuzzling you, begging you to open your eyes for him.

Feeling his brother beside him, J-Hope looks up in utter elation, his heart swelling with hope.

“We have to move her, quickly.” Lay states, tugging J-Hope to his feet. Sehun frowns, tilting his head cutely, though no one paid much attention to his cuteness today.

“Move her to where, hyung?” Lay pauses, his eyes hidden.

“The tree.” He states, having Xiumin help J-hope get moving in the right direction, having the others assist him in getting everything else done and fixed up there so they can’t be tracked on their way to the tee of life, their life.

“This way, “Xiumin instructs, dragging a hopeful j-hope behind him, keeping lookout as well. Behind him he can hear the other’s footsteps getting louder as they catch up to them, Kris taking the lead immediately, his face solemn but his eyes are hopeful.


 

It all becomes a blur, dead tree after dead tree, dead crunching leaves cracking and breaking with each of the wolves steps as they jog to the one place they feel safe. Looking around, Kris waves the others into the clearing before walking in behind them as if it is some hidden, secret place.

As if on cue, everyone’s eyes turn to their goof-ball of a healer, eyes expectant. Sighing heavily, he opens his arms to J-Hope offering to take you from his arms, his gaze gentle.

“I won’t hurt her.” he whispers, easing your limp weight from his arms, simply turning to lay you over the roots of the tree.

“What now?” Monsta asks agitatedly, watching for a miracle to unfold before his eyes. Lay only smiles weakly.

“Patience.”

Silence over takes the clearing once more as his head bows to one of the higher roots, taking a deep breath, his lips moving soundlessly, their environments slowly becoming hazy around them, a deep, thick mist lifting from the ground.

Shifting, Jimin moves closer to Jin nervously, looking up to the elder who is equally confused at what is happening. While Bangtan shift uncomfortably, EXO just stands still, exhaustion wearing at their bodies as the white smoke lifts from the ground, taking hold of their ankles and hands.

 

Above them a light shines, flashing twelve times before all but Kris, Suho and Chanyeol fall to their knees in utter exhaustion, the mist dispersing in seconds as if it was never there. Bangtan looks at their trembling brothers before a sparkling light distracts their attention back to your trembling body, eyes wide.

“What the…” J-Hope gasps stepping forward quickly, only to be jerked back quickly by Kris whose stern eyes keep him from asking any questions.

Suddenly, Lay jerks up from the tree, his eyes wide and gasping for breath, his legs threatening to give, his eyes glazed over still as your body continues jerking against the roots. Taking a shaky breath, Lay mutters something under his breath, your body arching up suddenly, a bright light ripping from your chest and shooting up into the sky, your body falling limp.

Slowly, all of EXO releases a deep breath they had all been holding when your chest rises and falls on its own accord, your head leaning back gently against the roots.

Jerking in Kris’s hold, he looks up to the giant, asking with begging eyes to go to you. Nodding slightly, Kris releases the pup, shooing him over to your side.

 

Scrambling to your side, J-Hope drops to his knees, gingerly collecting you in his arms, his normally calm and gentle voice cracked and shaky.

“Baby?” he whimpers, gently nuzzling his head to yours, biting his lip. Slowly, a soft sigh leaves your lips, your eyes fluttering open slowly.

“J-hope?” you whispers brokenly, he lets out a broken laugh of relief, hugging you tightly, burying his face in your neck, ignoring the new chill to your skin, just happy you’re alive.

“Oh, my god! You’re alive!” he cries, earning a wince from Lay, who only hangs his head.

“Not fully.” He whispers. Jerking back J-Hope stares at the wolf in confusion, before glancing back at you. Your eyes are the perfect yin yang of bright blue and blood red, your canines gently poking your bottom lip, your lips pulled into a small ‘o’ confused as well.

“I’m not?”

“You’re half werewolf…” he begins, wincing. “And half vampire.”





god, i know this is like a horrible update and its like super short but i felt so bad for not updating for so long so i squeezed it in my normal break that i usually use for studying... gah i am so sorry guys, i have been so busy!

and i havent forgotten about your apology drabbles, i will update with them here this weekend i hope... <3

i love ya'll a lot and i praise you for being so patient with me! /sobs/ i miss you guys comments. they make my day so... bye i have class now :(