Found by the Shadows~

BANG BANG BANGTAN~

“Protect her at all costs” Kris barks at the others, shifting mid step before your eyes. There is no ripping sound, his clothes merely melting into his skin and fur as if they were never there in the first place. Blinking you stare at him. He is a large wolf, larger than any wolf you had ever seen.

The others included.

This is the first time you have gotten to see him as a wolf, he usually sits back and watches the others spar.

He stares at you, nodding slightly. J-Hope slides up to your side, lightly wrapping his arms around your waist, laying his chin on your shoulder.

“Ready?” you nod, sighing. He smiles reassuringly.

“I will protect you… remember?” you nod, smiling slightly.

“Yeah… I remember” relaxing, he smiles gently.

“You will have to be on one of their backs… okay? It is safer.” Frowning, you nod, confused. How is it not safe on his back? Looking around meekly, a large sandy brown wolf saunters over to you, sitting before you, and his tongue lolling from the side of his mouth.

You chuckle at the playfulness in his eyes.

Luhan.

“Why not Chanyeol?” you tease the wolf, who whines, huffing, making you giggle. In the background, you see the large black wolf with wide eyes and maybe a bit too large ears, perk up barking lowly. You laugh, hugging onto Luhan.

“Ani, ani! Luhan is perfect, I am teasing him channie.” Chanyeol whines, pouting. It is cute, even with him as a wolf.

Grinning, you ruffle Luhan’s fur, climbing onto his back happily. It is the first time you have ridden on any of the EXOs wolves’ backs… usually Bangtan doesn’t let you.

This has to be serious if J-Hope isn’t jealous.

 

 

Luhan shifts a bit under you, turning to look at you slightly, huffing as if to ask “ready?” you just nod, smiling weakly. They won’t tell you anything, in an effort to protect you from worrying too much, but they’re not telling you is making you worry more.

Luhan nods to Kris who rumbles back, taking off immediately, the other wolves jetting off behind him. You can tell Luhan is going much faster than J-Hope ever has with you, but between his strides, you can barely feel a thing. Taking a breath, you relax into his fur, cuddling closer, he makes a soft content sound.

 

Everything is a blur, making you dizzy. Sighing, you close your eyes, burying your face in his fur. The padding of their steps barely makes a sound, allowing you to take in the sounds of the forest. You can hear something else in the trees… watching you.

They aren’t trying to hide their presence, but maybe that is what they want. Maybe that is their thrill, feeding off the fear tightening in your stomach, off of the fear in the wolves’ hearts as they speed up, desperate to lose their tale, and protect you.

Kris lets out a snarl, Chanyeol, him and Xiumin circling around you and Luhan tighter, the bangtan boys circling around EXO, growling, as if daring whoever is stalking you to attack.

“Lulu…” you whisper, anxiousness tightening in your stomach. He whines softly, telling you that it will be okay.

J-Hope, Chanyeol and Luhan all let out low, threatening growls, snapping at whatever moves, desperate to protect you. Looking at Chanyeol, you sigh, touching his fur. He huffs at you, gingerly pushing your hand back towards Luhan, wanting your body to be as close to Luhan as possible.

He doesn’t want these… monsters to be given any openings to attack you if he can help it.

‘You will be okay, princess… I promise. Oppa will protect you.’ He hums in your head.

‘Ditto’ Luhan calls, making you laugh softly. J-Hope snarls a bit at the two very affectionate males pressed near to you, glaring into Chanyeol’s back.

‘I got you, love’ he whispers secretly in your head, so only you can hear it, no one else. The sound of his gruff voice, thick with envy and with anger makes your heart leap. Stifling your giggle, you bury your face again, hugging Luhan a bit tighter, afraid that you may slide off at some point.

 

‘Princess, ready to stop?’ Chanyeol asks gently, your mind fuzzy with sleep. Pouting up at him, you tilt your head, realizing that everyone in EXO had stopped, but Bangtan is nowhere in sight.

“Where is J-Hope?” you whisper, the large black wolf softens, nuzzling his head to your cheek.

‘They went to get the men off our tale’ you nod slowly, your heart clenching in worry.

“Okay…”

Luhan slowly lays down, allowing you to slide off of his back. You groan as you stretch, wincing when your knees pop audibly, letting out a gentle “owe…” as soon as you are off of his back, Luhan shakes out his fur before transforming beside you.

He is fully clothed and looks completely normal, not a hair out of place… other than the subtle bags under his eyes. He must be so tired from all of the running with you on his back. Frowning, you look up at him guiltily, before he shoves your shoulder gently, grinning.

“Anything to keep you safe.” He hums, watching as Xiumin and Lay transform, sitting not too far from you as well. Everything else is silent. Nothing moves in the trees… looking up, you realize that the trees here seem much more… dead that those nearer to the house. There are no leaves to show that they are down for the winter… these trees are truly dead, and hollowed. Nothing seems to have made a home in any of the trees either, other than the occasional spider.

“This place creeps me out” you whisper. They soften. So you can feel it too?

Looking around, you watch as one by one, the wolves slowly start to transform back, until it is only Chanyeol and Kris left in their wolfish state, walking back and forth, on guard.

“Baobei… eat” Lay whispers, offering you some food. You pause, looking around.

“Don’t you have something to eat?” you ask, meaning for all of them. He pauses, forcing a smile.

“None of us are hungry right now.” He states, most of the others nodding… except for Tao and Sehun, who merely hold their stomachs, urging them not to rumble. You frown, but take the food, knowing they would try and make you eat it anyway.

“Thank you”

 

An hour or so passes, and no sounds resonate from the forest. You lay awake, leaning against a tree, waiting for J-Hope and the others to catch up. Kris, Xiumin and Luhan lay awake with you, softening at your worry.

‘J-Hope is lucky’ Luhan whispers to himself, pouting in envy.

‘she will be a good mate’ Kris rumbles contently, his heart resting in the silence, hoping this is as far as they must run to keep you protected.

 

Suddenly, you sit up excitedly, catching Xiumin’s attention. He frowns, listening, trying to hear what you are. Footsteps, many of them… he tenses, sniffing the air.

Have Bangtan finally caught up?

He tenses when he doesn’t smell anything, but you just stand up, unable to smell what he can.

“J-Hope?” your soft, hopeful whisper seems to echo through the open space between the trees, giving it an eerie ring to it. Jumping to his feet, he leaps forward to try and get you from the open, but it is already too late.

In half a second, you are pinned to the tree you sat against, chilled skin pressed flesh against yours as long canine like fangs slide into your throat. Gasping, you yelp in pain as the teeth cut farther into your neck, tearing at the skin making blood run down your throat.

Behind him, Xiumin fights to reach you, another appearing in front of him, grinning wickedly, his ruby eyes flashing in the black.

“_____!” Xiumin yells, waking the others, who jump to their feet as blackened shadows surround them. Crying out in pain, you reach for Xiumin, your vision blurring, black dots covering your eyes slowly.

“Xiuxiu, help” you gasp, falling limp in the man’s arms only to be ripped from him. Xiumin’s growl echoing angrily through the clearing, the sound enough to make even Kris shiver in surprise. Xiumin is probably the most protective of them all, though he doesn’t show it often.

Ripping the man’s arms from their sockets, he tosses him back to the others to be taken care of, catching you ask you slump into his arms.

“I’ve got you” he whispers, looking at the bite in pure desperation. There isn’t any other way to save you… taking a breath, he plunges his own canines in the bite holes, hoping to the lord, if there is one, to let you live and that he isn’t too late.

 





Okay guys, this is a short update! i hope to update again really soon, okay?

and those who requested, i will try and get those up really quickly as well! look for them here :)

i will tag your names next to a link so you can find your apology drabble!

 

i hope you enjoy this chapter, 

-author kitkat_bunnytime