Forest of Death, and Tree of Life~

BANG BANG BANGTAN~

“______-ah!” a low whiney voice calls in your ears, a heavy weight bouncing on the bed beside you. Groaning, you curl up more under the blankets, quietly cursing the body flailing around beside you.

“Jung Kook” Monsta hisses, the weight suddenly being slipped from the bed, as if magic. “Leave her to sleep!” his deep voice rumbles through the quiet room. Jung Kook huffs, no doubt crossing his arms in defiance of his leader, and hyung.

“But J-Hope Hyung isn’t home yet… and he won’t come out for US…” he gripes.

“Yes, but we will deal with it AFTER she is rested. He can care for himself you know” he mutters, voice fading out some as he heads towards the door. Yawning, you sit up in bed, your reflexes slow from your being groggy.

“J-Hope isn’t back yet?” you whisper, rubbing the sleep from your eyes. Jung Kook takes the opportunity to escape Monsta’s grip, jumping to your side again in a flash.

“Noona! Come, help us find him!” he shakes your shoulders, obviously worried. Groaning, you thrash a bit like a rag doll, the sounds of your groans muffled as you are hurled back and forth.

“J-Jung Kooooook…. Stop” you whine, taking a hold of his hands.

He stops.

“Monsta is right… J-Hope can fend for himself.” You mutter stretching. You want to help find him, and bring him back to safety, but you are realistic… he is probably out there, huffing and whining like he does when Lay showers you with attention.

You know where he is.

“Give me half an hour.” You mutter, tugging an oversized hoodie over your head before slipping on your converse that EXO had so kindly provided for you. They all pause, watching you as you disappear out of the door.

Should they be worried?

You are strong for a human, but not for everything that lurks in these woods. Dark things crawl along these forest floors, making the monsters of your dreams seem like fairies frolicking through open fields of flowers. Not to mention, they are angrier, and thirsty for blood.

Human blood.

Taking a deep breath, you glance into the forest warily. No one has told you the stories… but you can feel it, the ominous glow that makes your insides flip… and not in the good way. It makes you feel sick just thinking about entering the trees…

Alone.

But, J-Hope is angry again, and it is your fault. And knowing him, he is sulking and has none of his defenses up.

“Oppa~” you coo, hugging the jacket closer to you, wincing at every sound, your head swiveling around when the sound of a broken twig echoes through the dead space. There isn’t a single sound to be heard other than your footsteps, following your breathing.

Snap.

You gasp lowly, spinning on your heel.

Nothing.

You’re scyking yourself out ____ you mutter to yourself, turning around. Regardless of the nothingness you mutter to yourself to make yourself feel more comfortable and less sick, you pick up your pace. Where was that place again?

Hanging a right, you are nearly running, anxious to find J-Hope.

Snap.

Snap.

SNAP.

Squeaking lowly, you practically throw yourself into the clearing where you and J-Hope had found the other day. Taking a deep breath, you look around feverishly, begging for him to really be here.

He’s not-

There he is.

Taking a deep breath, you run towards him, breathing happily again. As if sensing your presence he looks up, confused, eyes dazed.

“_____?” he asks quietly, frowning. Not caring about your lungs stinging, you plop to your knees, throwing your arms around him.

“Ah, you have us worried” you murmur into his shoulder, hugging him tighter. He tenses before melting, bringing you into his arms happily.

“I’m sorry.” He whispers, rejoicing when the word ‘us’ slips past your lips. You were worried about him. You just smile, body twitching lightly from the anxiety you felt in the forest as it works itself out of your system.

He frowns.

“Wait… where are the others?” he pulls back, looking you in the eyes, eye brows furrowing.

“At… the house?” he growls.

“DO THEY NOT KNOW THE DANGER IN THESE WOODS?! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN CAPTURED… KILLED… TURNED!” he snarls, eyes flashing crimson. You wince, lowering your head slightly, whimpering. His anger isn’t a side you really enjoy seeing.

He softens immediately, his eyes returning to normal.

“I’m sorry” he instantly regrets his rant, the fear in your eyes matching that of how he felt thinking of you wandering the forest alone, your body trembling under his hands…

Yet… you smile.

“It’s okay, Oppa” you whisper, laying your small hand over your heart delicately. “You just startled me” he is still staring at you.

“Walk with me.” he whispers, standing, offering his hand to you. He needs to work off some of the anxiety he is feeling now. Smiling, you let him haul you to your feet, relaxing at the feeling of his fingers wrapping around your hand.

Everything in the clearing seems… peaceful. There is a single large tree in the center of it all, its branches thick and strong, but limp and hanging like rope towards the forest floor. The trunk itself seems to have consisted of two or more trees as they spiral up, twisting around each other as a patter forms.

All life seems to be centered around it, squirrels ducking and dodging under its lifted roots as song birds whistle their cheerful tune from high in the branches.

Night and day from the death induced existence the trees lining the entirety of the forest, surrounding the only living corner of this hidden world.

“The tree of life,” J-Hope whispers. “What EXO protects…” looking up, you grin like a child, imaging yourself swinging from the vine like branches, jumping from branch to branch like you did when you were younger… then again, you fell a lot when you were younger too.

J-Hope grins a bit, letting his hand slide from yours as he launches himself into the branches.

“Beat you to the top!” he calls, already clinging to a branch far above your head. Squealing, you stomp your foot before stepping up on a root, heaving yourself onto a branch yourself, pouting at him.

“Cheater!” you fake cry, shimmying closer to the base so it is easier to climb.

He pauses.

“Damn this girl” he mutters, plopping down in the branch beside you. “5 second head start” he grumbles, motioning for you to go.

Squealing in delight, you shove away from the branch, ignoring the fact of how high you already are from the ground, launching yourself to another, higher branch.

“5….” He grins.

“4…” you counter.

“3….” He laughs, making you stick your tongue out at him.

“2….” Pausing, he looks around, frowning, feeling piercing eyes on his back. They aren’t alone, but their visitors can’t enter this clearing.

“Three quarters” you hum, ignoring the distant look on his face, your voice breaking his trance. He chuckles.

“One half….”

“Zero!” he yells.


 

part one of ya'lls "j-hope moments" okay? haha

you have ask, and shall recieve~


okay, i hope you are liking the J-Hope moments... this isnt the end and i hope to have more up here in the next day or so... but dont kill me if it isnt, okay? haha i love you guys and please... please continue to enjoy and support this fan fiction! its nothing without you!