6

Two Legends

 

Skylar's POV

 


 

  It's been a good while since the siblings left and i remained in the same position i was in since then. All of a sudden it felt as if someone gave me a good slap across the face. Ofcourse! How could i seriously have been so ing stupid? " Is there a problem sky?" Tao asked with an unrecognizable concern in his voice. I didn't answer right away as i thought of a plan in my head. 

 

" Tao, get the other two, we've got some work to do."

 

 Tao nods and leaves to call over the two remaining members. I ran over to where the computer was at and searched for the name that had haunted my dreams for numerous times. Typing in the three simple yet strange letters, i waited and hoped for the best. After having to go through countless pages of either useless or unrelated bull, i slammed the table and turned around to face the massive window. Placing my hands on the glass and with a hanged head, i cursed all the heavens and devils for playing this stupid game with me. Another half hour passed and lay suddenly called for my attention. 

 

 

" Skylar i think you need to look at this."

 

 

 

He had said it with disbelief in his voice. A tiny piece of me still held onto the hope of finding some useful details. I turned around with a skeptical look and went back to the desktop next to lay. But after reading the website's introduction, goosebumps climbed down my back and across the body. I looked at lay who i was sure was feeling the same, stared back at me and with newfound excitement and an increased heart rate, i began to read the content. According to a well known legend that was passed down from father to son, mother to daughter, it claimed there used to be twelve kingdoms with a specific affinity granted to its respective homeland. There was one kingdom which ruled over the other eleven and was granted all eleven of the different powers along with their own. Therefore in conclusion, the one who ruled over the rest was the kingdom of all kingdoms, the leader of all leaders, the mightiest among the mighties. There also wasn't any names to identify these kingdoms but amongst the affinities, healing, time control, flight, telekinesis were all just a few of the stated twelve. Each power also had its own symbol such as a dragon, a snowflake, a droplet of water, a unicorn, a phoenix, a hourglass, a symbol that represented wind, another for telekinesis, yet another for earth. A unique looking symbol for light but the one that had caught my eye was the last symbol. It was in the form of a triangle with an odd shape in the middle which i interpreted as an eye. Each twelve symbols had their own sign to distinguish from each other.The kingdom were in favor with good, the light, who were caught up in an ongoing war with evil, the darkness, the shadows. Examples of some shadows were amongst vampires, demons, witches, and werewolves. They had it all. Although these were classified as shadows, there had been rare occasions where the shadows chose good over their predetermined nature. The representatives from the kingdoms were fighting on a defensive land and was what had caused them to be on the losing side of the war. The king of all kings saw what was happening and sacraficed his worlds in order to save his children. In the middle of all the ongoing chaos, the great king sent all twelve of the princes along with his own daughter to a place where he thought was safe from the shadows. And as if the odds were never in the young princes and princess's favor, the group were forced to spilt amongst themselves when a group of powerful shadows chased them down. Some say they reincarnated as two groups of elite hunters who had with them a special inborne ability to see through anyone who sided with evil and tracked down those that had made it onto earth with their disguised human form and went about hurting innocents hundreds of years later. While others had lost hope completely and claimed that they all fought to the death with the shadows while descending their way down to earth. It was a draw between good and evil as both sides did not declare a win as the number of causualties wounded both sides significantly. No one really knew what had happened to the young legends but as the story went, the great king tried to erase the kid's memories of the events because it was simply too traumatic to handle. Again, there are those who argued it was not the case since even if they have been reincarnated, how did they have the ability to continue what they couldn't finish from their previous lives? The great king along with the other kings however, stayed behind with a few more powerful individuals who had sacraficed themselves to fight off what they could and the rest was a history left for you to finish.

 

 

 

 

A history left for you to finish.

 

 

 

 

                                                           


A chill crawls down my back as i snapped back to reality. I shivered as if i had just experienced everything the legend stated and felt that my eyes were overflowing with tears that i could not explain why had come from me. I felt as if all the energy in my body were drained. My legs were about to give out but tao got to me in time and held me in his arms in a protective older brother manner. Across the room were the other two hunters: xiumin and chen. Xiumin being the oldest with under normal circumstances was the most childish while chen, whose personality was not far behind were both seen with a mood that they never showcased in front of my presence. Chen, just as dissolved in the legend as i had been, was seen gripping onto the sides of the desk as if his life depended on it. Lay was also seen leaning forward with elbows propped on his legs, eyes that were closed and his eyebrows knitted together just like anytime whenever he was upset or trying to calm himself down with his nose and mouth hidden behind hands that suggested a silent prayer. The room which the five of us together would usually cause chaos was currently deadly silent with a string of soberness. The atmosphere was heavy and tense, no one dared to make a sound. Not even me, not even the leader. It was so quiet you could hear a pin dropping if you wanted to. A sudden ring from the phone that belonged to me caused the guys to look and i jumped out of tao's arms that were still around me in suprise and answered the call while putting it on speaker. The voice spoke out before i could even start. 

 

 

 

" Hello is this skylar that i'm talking to?" The unfamiliar male voice called out with a thick korean accent.

 

 

 

 

" Who this is?" i demanded with no emotion behind my words.

 

 

 

 

" Annyeonghaseyo, this is sehun speaking. I am one of your shadowhunting counterparts in korea and it seems as if you guys had read about the legend as well."  My eyes widened just as guan yi had and looked up to face my members who had all stood up at this point. Did they have people that could read minds as well? Well, i'm not offended at allBoth lines were quiet and finally, there was shuffling heard on the other line and the person who spoke was someone i hadn't even gave a thought to. " Skylar baby," a second voice called out, " it's okay they are very trustworthy. They are a part of us. Mommy is here with them at the moment. Don't even think about trying anything stupid dear, we're going to fly into the states tonight. We are on our way now."

 

 

 

Everything was spinning in my head at this point and if it weren't for tao that had caught me, i would have collasped again. 

 

 

 

" Fl... fly where?"

 

 

 

 

" Oh you heard me skylar, mommy and your new friends are coming over to meet you and the guys."

 

 

 

 

My teeth grinded against each other as i thought of the only potiential suspect that could let all this happen and when i looked at the guys, they did not seem too happy about this sudden plan as well." Oh! i almost forgot,"  her silky smooth voice added, " be. nice."

 

 

 

" Give the phone to the leader."

 

 

 

My temper was visibly growing extremely thin. " Oh this is going to be interesting" a new voice muttered in korean. As soon as kris was on the line, i wasted no time to lash out on him.

 

 

 

 

" H..hello skylar? it's not like what you think, as soon as i got back here to seoul i-"

 

 

 

" Listen here and listen well big boss, there is something called time and secrets! How can you call yourself a shadowhunter when you failed to follow it's first and most basic rule? If you happened to forget allow me to remind you. Rule number ONE: get the job done as quietly as possible. Here you are, spilling my secret to people i didn't even know, that are on the other side of the ing planet! I don't care what you have to say but you're putting my as well as my members's on the line and trust me, i will ing murder you if something ever happens to my people. "

 

 

I scowled in anger and started again. 

 

 

" Do you even know how hard i tried to cover our up from the media? And you just come along and ing..i was forced to pause again to gather more oxygen and when i got my full supply of air, i spoke out in a calm yet alarming tone that was darker and more dangerous." If you blow our covers, i swear to god, i will give you a piece of my mind as soon as you step foot into my field of vision. Got that you dragon tattooed turd? Savor your last moments of sweet life while you still can. You're about to get so much from me that you wished you were never born or reincarnated.With that, i threw my phone across the room as if i were throwing a first pitch for a baseball game and the guys stared at me with amazement.

 

 

" What. The. Actual. ? Ahahaaahah oh my god this kris dude is in so much !!!  Once you piss skylar off, you can never go back." Chen cackled, slowly but surely, the room's atmoshpere began to recover but i was in a place far from joining in with the teasing and laughing. I was about to ing explode. I hated this situation, but more precisely, i hated my mom for letting this happen.  

 

 

 

                                                             


 

 

 

The once intense atmosphere fully converted into a relaxed one and the guys all decided to go to one of the training rooms to kill time and wait for the rest to arrive. I was given no choice and was dragged into the underground training room. Once there, i chose to go over to the area with archery and looked at my targets. After picking up three random arrows, i took my spot 30 yards away from the first target with a clear X indicated at the head region. Once steady, i let go of the string after finding my perfect aim and balance of the bow and the bow flew effortlessly into the target's head  once i release my touch of the string. Reason number one of why i was pissed off beyond words was because first of all, this kris pretended to act as if he didn't know what the deal was when he clearly knew what was going on but still went ahead and played this stupid little game with me. Secondly, i was mad because i hadn't suspected guan yi's status. I was belong stupid. Another arrow was shot and landed around the groin area. I wished it was kris that was the target. Lastly, the one statement that caused me to become so furious was that i, the most mature and logical of exo, had admitted that we, the shadowhunters, were supposedly all reincarnations of the former legends. 

 

 

The final arrow was shot and pierced through the bull's eye with little effort.

 

 

 

I walked over to the programmed human like targets and it soon began to attack me. I ducked and concentrated on nothing but the building rage in me and ripping the robot to pieces in the process. There was something not right with the fact that the other's are coming to " visit." In the history of forever, this had never happened and when it did, i sensed an unpleasant feeling about it. Thus, upsetting me greatly. I didn't want them to come. No, i didn't. My mind slipped out of it's logicalness as i spot my second " enemy" and set furth to destroy that one as well. .

 

 

 

 

 

 

A history was prepared and it was waiting for us to set it in motion to repeat itself again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

Let all the chaos begin.