2

Two Legends

 

 

 

As the girl  woke for the second time that day, a ray of uncomfortable sunlight found its perfect spot to hit her face through her thick curtains and caused her to growl in disatisfaction.

 

 

" Really sun? Of ninety two million nine hundred sixty thousand miles, you get a perfect aim of my face? Through hella thick curtains too?" She was extra grumpy today. 

 

 

 

" you too."  She really despised the sun. 

 

 

 

Not a second later, her horrible alarm clock with a matching horrible ring came to life. The young woman shoved her pillows to her ears hoping it would block out the blaring alarm and get a few more minutes of sleep. Finally, not able to take any more, she thrashed around and rolled over in her gigantic bed. As soon as her hand came into contact with the stupidly annoying oval object, she wasted no time to toss it across the room shutting it up immediately. Surprisingly enough, the alarm clock endured it's cruel treatment and stayed intact. The girl yawned and stretched while she heard the birds whistling annoyingly outside the windows.

 

 

" Shut up. Not you too." She muttered grumpily and forced her body out of the warmth and dragged towards the shower.

 

 

Slowly she began to recall fragments of the reoccuring dream of exo, kirphis and sura as the warm fountain poured down on her numb body that still was in the process of waking up. Of three things she was absolutely sure about. One: she needed to search up this whole exo mess. Two: kirphis was real and is somewhere in this world, at this very moment, and last but not least, perhaps the most important and the foundation to the unsolved mystery of the dream: who was sura? Why was her name mentioned since the first dream? What was her significance? Shaking herself back to reality, she finished her daily rountine and headed back into the bedroom to get dressed minus the zombie-like movements. She throws on a pair of red jeans with an easy white tee and a motorcycle jacket she found laying on the dresser. Looking into the mirror, a girl with an intense glare stared back at her. The reflection had straight black hair and cold eyes matched with a lean body thanks to all the years of training as a shadowhunter.

 

" Yes, this was me,  my name is skylar, 17 years of age but could pass as 20, 21 if i was desperate." While girls skylar's age went around and spend their useless time chasing after the most popular boy at school, she spent her's training.  Pushing herself  harder than before to surpass her previous achievements in combat. It wasn't that she was scared to be interested in anyone, it was more as if she skipped out on the emotion many called " love." She also didn't go to school like normal children her age since she was educated under strict private instructors and was forced to finish education around 16. 

 

" How could one do it? Well my friend when you got yourselve a hag from hell of a mom and having your life on the line, you'll figure it out sooner or later". 

 

 Making her way to the drawer, she carefully pulls out the third level drawer that held all sorts of handy weapon of choice. Picking at random and letting faith decide, she secured the given choices to the insides of her jacket and strapped a few more around the ankles of the boots that were specially altered to fit the needs and headed downstairs. Skylar was everything but average. As soon as the girl stepped foot into the living room, a group of maids bowed their heads ninety degrees towards her and gave her their greetings which she atleast politely returned. The girl was above average due to the fact that she was born into the wrong family at the right time. One of the maids of a higher position came up to skylar and greeted her as well and informed her that the mistress's mother has left to korea for business related what skylar nicknamed, " bull.". And by "bull", she was talking about the dealio of a shadowhunter which she took after her deceased father and of a mother. Life as a shadowhunter was hard as you were to be assigned to go to places rather forbidden for regular citizens to pass and executing those who sided with the shadows, the evil ones who would disrupt peace that ever came her way and hence the name: shadowhunter. However, one does not have the free will or the luxury of choosing to become a shadowhunter. It happened only if scenario a: a person was born into it just like skylar had or b: one was chosen by the tracker. In order for shadowhunters to protect themselves from the curious and ignorant public, they were forced to fabricate a coverup or again, as skylar liked to call it, a lie, along with a company that supposedly sold luxurious name brands but it's true intentions were acted out behind closed doors. All the classified and fancy . Shadows included anything and everything one could imagine. Be it demons, fallen angels, vampires, spirits what ever floated your boat. Skylar had seen and took care of already.

 

 

" How long will my mom be gone?" skylar questioned although she could honestly care less.

 

 

"  A week, Miss Lee."

 

 

 

Exactly as she thought.

 

 

Skylar's mother was conviently the head boss of the company that secretly trained those with the shadowhunting ability here in los angeles with a secret counterpart in korea. Working together as a team was thought to be better as the perimeter's around the world would be covered. It was fairly spilt 50/50 between the two teams although skylar rather went off doing her own thing. But having a team was nice too, she guessed. Skylar's mom however, was not always the original boss of the place, but since the big boss previously known as skylar's father had been long gone, she might as well take over the position. Skylar's mother was chinese while her dad was korean so that gave the young mistress an elevated advantage. Communication was a piece of cake for the girl and skylar had to admit, came quite in handy at times. Money and language were never problems to her as she was trained and prepared to deal with both and dispite her seemingly young tender age of seventeen, she was also a part of the infamous secret organization serving as the leader of the team. Being leader was fun at times although skylar almost got killed multiple times during a mission for not listening to warnings but who cared? Death is something that she would give no attention to for she's had countless encounters with it. Death was a joke to skylar. She's won every way against death but if she were to die, then so be it, in her heart, she knew she would die giving it her all. There was also a time where skylar had accidentally heard once from a conversation her mother have had long ago and alledgedly, skylar have had an older brother at one point whose name skylar could not recall no matter how many times she tried. Wherever he was at now, dead or alive skylar had no clue. But she still manages to search for him periodictally with no results.

 

Sometimes, being a shadowhunter was cumbersome.