3

Two Legends

 

 

A/N There is slight gore/violence ahead. You've been warned. Skylar's special affinity will be revealed in this chapter also so get hyped!! Hahaha read well.

 

Skylar makes her way to her mansion's garage and was caught up in a dilemma between picking a car she wanted to drive and the motorcyle that belonged to one of her more precious collection. After a million years of just standing there, she grabbed the black helmet and swung her leg over the seat while the other foot gave the bike a good kick making it roar to life. Before she knew it, she was dashing off on the highway. Her memory automatically leading her down a road she's been on so many times and it was going to be a long ride.

 

 

And a long ride indeed it was.

           

                                                         

                                                                     


 

 

 

A few hours flew by and when skylar finally caught her exit through her breath fogged helmet shield, she swerved into the lane on the far right and stopped for the red light. While waiting for the light to change, she noticed a girl holding something in her arms, and at that moment, they made eye contact. Something seemed to be off with the mysterious girl and skylar was about to wrap a finger around that thought when the girl suddenly gave an acknowledged smirk and vanished into thin air.

 

 

What the hell was that?

 

 

Cars behind skylar honked impaitently and until then had she realized that she's been stopping traffic, immediately skylar gave the handle a twist and she continued to fly down the streets. In the meanwhile, the girl never left her thoughts. That girl... i could've sworn i saw her somewhere before. Finally arriving at her destination,  skylar buys a bouquet of red roses for her dad and started to dash uphill to the tombstone where her father had been resting under for the past seventeen years or atleast that's what the tombstone read. As soon as she reached the tombstone, the atmosphere changes and skylar became irrationalibly irritated. The presense of a demon was so closeby it made skylar felt sick and no, that wasn't all. There was also anger. There was no doubt about it as skylar was quite familiar with the emotion. The anger continously boiled inside of her stomach, the flames that would never put her to ease, the same anger that erupted once before where she witnessed a boy getting attacked by a shadow but was too late to save him. The same anger that she had towards herself to this day. After cutting the engine off, the girl began to walk over to where her father's tombstone located with her helmet unconsciously still on. She was surprised to notice someone else standing there. The stranger gave off a familiar feeling but she restrained herself from doing anything stupid. Who was he? Guess she was going to find out. The shadowhunter walked over and took a place next to him and took off the helmet that secured all her hair to reveal soft flowy hair. Her hair was beautiful and this, the stranger took notice of. Skylar began to converse with the familiar stranger while running a hand through her locks. 

 

 

 

" Who are you and why are you here?" 

 

 

 

As soon as the words were spoken, the stranger turned to face the young woman and the impossible happened. His face was the exact replica of the guy who repeatedly haunted her in her dreams. With no doubt, he was the identical copy of the kirphis she's seen before. The same guy who she was supposed to look for; and whose eyes turned black when angered. No skylar you are just stressed so you are seeing stuff that does not make any sense. Yes, that had to be it, i'm just stressed out and seeing weird . She pointed out while a frown became obvious as she fought with herself internally. The stranger looked at skylar and laughed at her internal struggle as if he read everything that was frantically running around her chaotic mind and responded in that same deep husky voice that sounded too real to be true to the girl's ears.

 

 

" I am actually a distant relative of mister lee. Ah! That's right! You must be skylar, his daughter. I've used to hear so much about you from him." He checked for a reaction.

 

 

There was none.

 

 

 

"Indeed you are a fiesty little one." 

 

 

That voice.. it had to be him. No matter how much two people could look alike there was no possible way for them to sound exactly identical and how the hell did he know her name? Okay, this guy is seriously getting on my nerves, first he calls me sura and now he knows my name? This is too much. As much as skylar's  mind was in a frenzy, her expression remained unchanged as she stared at him with a hard glare that were matched with his own. There was almost the feeling of competition. Those pitch black orbs were all too familiar..the two stayed in that silent position for a good minute or two, while skylar's senses were also heightened. Once again as if he could read her mind, the guy spoke in that overly confident tone.

 

 

 

" Seems like i got in the way of some father-daughter time. I'll get out. See you around."  

 

 

 

He smirked and with that, the now blonde kirphis left leaving skylar with emotions stronger than bewilderment. Something close to rage was more like it.  

 

 

 

 

What kind of a situation was this?! 

 

 

 

Skylar lays the roses next to the bundle of lilacs and went to sit down next to her father and began a one sided conversation. One about how she didn't know there was apparently a weird figure who claimed to be a family relative when she's never seen him around before. An conversation that assured her father that everything was alright and she would continue to save as many people as possible. Skylar resitated for a while before starting again.  

 

 

"Dad, have you ever wondered where ge ge is at? I don't remember anything about him at all.. Do i even really have one? If i did where is he when i needed comfort and someone to talk to?" Feeling her emotions at its peak, she took a deep breath and tried again. " Mom also never let me hang out with friends because they're ' bad influence '. But who was really the bad one here?  Truth be said, as much as she acted tough in front of others, she was actually really lonely. She wanted company but that simple wish was not granted to her. And to skylar that just meant this world was just as cold and cruel as the shadows. And to fit in and not get hurt, she in return was just as cold and cruel because after all, two could play at this game.

 

 

 

" I wish you were here with me right now, i miss you appa..."

 

 

 

An encaged sigh was released as skylar got up and took in the amazing view of the city. It was so peaceful up here. There was no violence, there was no soul crushing, no tears, and ironically enough: no deaths. But to gain justice is to reinforce it and that was the reason why skylar had to push on and continue to live and catch all those disgusting lowlives who abused power in order to hurt people. It was her given fate. Two things skylar absoultely hated with a burning passion, was having to act girly and getting involved in all those normal girly activities and shadows and/or anyone or anything that fit under the category. She's made a promise to her father that as long as she was around, she will keep everyone safe from any supernatural danger. It wasn't easy but she gave it all she's got every time. With that promise still fresh and in tact, she got onto her bike and setted towards the corrupt city with kirphis never leaving her mind. 

 

 

Not even for a minute.

 


                                                                         


 

 

 A high pitched scream pierced through the street the shadowhunter was on and immediately, the girl let a foot down onto the floor and turned the bike around. The loud screeching tires left a perfect semicircle on the ground and the smell of burnt rubber accompanied her. She dashed towards the direction where the screaming came from. Once settled, she jumped down from her bike and listened carefully.

 

 

 

" AHHHHH!!! PLEAASE HELP ME! SOMEBODY, ANYBODY!"  The same voice screamed.

 

 

 

Skylar whipped her head to the direction of the screaming and broke into a sprint, running into the nearest alley. Although it was daytime, the alley was dirty and abandoned so that a normal and smart person would steer away from a path like this. Smart lowlives yes, but luck will not be with them any longer since they had ran into the palms of her hands.

 

 

 

 

A death wish really.

 

 

 

 

And then, as if right on cue for skylar, the horrified scream broke away once again from the errie silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Skylar looked around and searched the dark surroundings and finally getting her eyes adjusted to the darkness a few seconds later, she saw a pair of wet doeful eyes looking back at her and she was absolutely terrified. The same anger made it's way through once again. Slowly, skylar began to see the hair and body of the girl materializing. Her clothes have been carelessly ripped and it looked as if she had been kidnapped and skylar refused to think of worse scenarios. 

 

 

 

They didn't do anything to you right?"

 

 

 

 

 The victim shook her head and was definetly scared less.. well, skylar couldn't blame her. Who would like getting randomly kidnapped? 

 

 

 

" It's okay, everything will be alright, i'm here to save you."  skylar told her sternly,  perhaps her confidence would give the poor girl some reassurance. The girl's aura that turned darker than before due to fear was enough of an indication of the attacker being right behind shadowhunter. At that given moment, skylar ducked down low while shoving the girl across the concrete floor to avoid any harm at the same second when the attacker fired his first shot. The bullet missed skylar's head by less a centimeter and buried itself into the brick wall in front of her leaving a cracking hole in the wall with poison leaking out. Shortly after, the shadowhunter stood back up with ease and threw a punch to the attacker's jaw. The movement was too quick for the attacker to comprehend and when he did, skylar's fist had already landed onto his face. The impact of the blow caused the attacker's jaw to break and this was confirmed when skylar felt  the dislocation from her knuckles. Another shot was fired but with the help of the hunter's telekineisis, the gun flew off of his hands and landed at least thirty feet away from both of them while skylar successfully crushed the poisoned bullet into nothingness before it reached her. The attacker then tried to mimick her movements of swinging a pathtic fist but failed miserably and his wrong move caused skylar to grab his arm and gave it a good hard twist that sent the attacker flying three hundred sixty degrees in mid air. Once he completed the turn, skylar shoved him into the closest thing in front of him and shoved him into the emergency staircase railing. Skylar's attack was painful and sadly for the attacked, it was only her warm up. She moved her neck left and right and rotated her arms a few times before looking up and giving the masked man a mocking smrik.

 

 

 

" My turn."

 

 

 

" Let's see how you like being intruded.. just giving you a taste of your own medicine​, bitter isn't it?"

 

 

Skylar stood where she was and the man who tried to push himself off the railing began to scream and cuss her out. Bones began to snap and skylar did a quick estimate of  damaging at the minimum of ten major bones. The attacker stumbled back but regained his balance and swung a roundhouse kick on the hunter yet, she was far from being phased although she had to give him some props for braving such a component as herself. Unfortunately for him, skylar didn't feel like loosing either. Especially today. Amused and with an intention to mock her attacker even further, she backed off only enough to stay out of his reach and he was getting pissed. After getting tired of mocking her little friend's random and uncoordinated fighting techniques, she laughed emptily while transferring some of her energy into her leg before raising that same leg and slamming it into his chest resulting with him flying backwards and landing on the ground, leaving an obvious dent. Before he got the chance to get up again, she stepped on his neck so he couldn't breathe. He gagged and tried to twist skylar's foot so that he could escape from her trap in return angered skylar further and caused her to step down even further, ignoring the building pain on her foot. When sure he was no longer in control of his limbs, she released her foot and knelt down to face him and she sent him a soft yet chilling threat.

 

 

 

" Never dream of seeing daylight ever again and go back to where you ing belong you damned shadow follower.

 

 

 

 

Wh-who the are you?" He managed to gasp out. 

 

 

 

" Just a person who you shouldn't have ran into."

 

 

 

In the end, skylar took hold of the man's head and at first he seemed to be screaming but the scream was shortly cut off as his head explodes from a massive pressure even the kidnapped girl could feel. Skylar caught on to what seemed like the man crying out his master's name in the last second of his worthless life and to her surprise, the name was that of her own mother's. Although intinally surprised, skylar was far too uninterested to dig too deep into the subject and let it become another subconscious memory that she'll never have to remember again. The body that once belonged to the man crumples into dust like powder and a cloud of grey fog sinks into the earth underneath skylar's foot. To hell he went and belonged. The invisible wall finally released itself so that the air was no longer suffocating and breathing was possible again. Blackened goo-like substance that was no other than the shadow follower's blood splattered all over skylar's white shirt and stained her face and arms annoyed her. Great, she ruined a perfectly white shirt and she had blood on her hair, face, and almost everywhere on her body. Skylar did her best to wipe off as much blood away from her face as possible although it didn't do much difference. To be honest, sometimes skylar wondered if she was any better than the shadows she killed for a living. She would feel bad for her recently deceased victim but she didn't. Yes, she did kill but it was for a righteous purpose and for that, she was different than the shadows. For that, she saved the girl from death and in return, made the man take her place. The man was around his mid twenties and with that certain sinister aura which didn't evaporate just yet. It stenched of a shadow follower. Shadow followers were the lowest of their whole lowly pathetic group's existence as they were the underdogs of those who were considered to be shadows. One way to put it was they were slaves of shadows, a voluntary one. They had the choice to fight back but in this man's case, he did not and sadly for him, it didn't end well. And as for skylar, she was far from pitying him. He ing deserved what he got. And she was glad he was dead. It was the best for everyone. Skylar reached her hand out towards the direction of the gun and seemingly posessed by a spirit who was skylar's to command, the gun faithfully lands into the welcoming hand and skylar twirled the modified  m1911 this way and that as if it was a cheap kiddie toy in her hand. She unloads the gun and the bullets falls onto the ground creating a green puff of poison.  

 

 

" Couldn't even bother to learn how to properly use one and went out thinking he could kill someone..." Skylar gives the thought an" are you kidding me" expression.

 

 

" Dumb, didn't your master teach you the fundamentals of combat? But then again, if you are a follower of a shadow, how much lower could you get?.. oh wells, ing up meant your death and i gladly granted your wish."  

 

 

The hunter walked over to the girl, for once she actually examined her thoroughly. She had prominent chinese features, which reminded skylar of alot of someone she couldn't exactly wrap her mind around.  The girl had medium wavy hair with a small body frame. Her hands and feet were also tied up after realizing that, skylar was quickly by her side and whipped out the knife from her boots and began to cut the ropes to free her wrists and ankles. She couldn't be any older than 23 and skylar tried her best to calm her down. Dispite the witnessing of a person getting killed and the fact that the girl in front of her was covered in someone else's blood, she was calm enough to stay sane. For that, skylar gave her props.

 

 

" Relax, i'm not going to kill you too." The words were too monotoned and emotionless and after skylar looked at her unfazed expression, she sighed and tried again.

 

 

 

" Hey, i told you i was going to save you didn't i?" The girl atleast nodded her head. That was a starter.

 

 

 

" I'll take you to my place and get you all cleaned up, but in the meantime.." skylar looked back at the spot she killed the shadow follwer and back at the girl, 

 

 

 

" We have to wait for my friends to get here, so why don't you tell me what the hell happened before i got here". 

 

 

 

Her eyes became wide once again before hanging her head in shame and muttered out in mandarin, " I don't speak much english i'm very sorry..." 

 

 

 

" Well aren't you in with luck today, since we're both chinese, there shouldn't be any problem." Skylar quickly responded in mandarin. As stated before, being multilingual had it's perks. But to be frank, she really wasn't good at this whole thing as she didn't do it often and she was sure she came off kind of akward and stiff.

 

 

 

it, she tried. 

 

 

 

The woman's aura quickly returned to a lighter dusty gray as she started to relax a bit and skylar looked at her with hinted amusement. The woman in return looked up at skylar with a questioning look and was about to ask what kind of identity her savior had but shook her head no for good measure and perhaps her own safety and began to tell her story. 

 

 

" You see, i just got off the plane from korea a few hours ago and ever since i arrived at the airport, i felt really..... uneasy.. it felt as if someone was constantly watching my every move, and so i began to panick and since no one was with me i thought running would keep him away, and so i started to run and that's when he grabbed me from behind-