11

Two Legends

 

  The village appeared in front of me and it looked exactly like the ones i've seen in storybooks as a child. I rushed into the nearest room and ordered the now mind controlled obedient general whose name went by taecyeon to go and make the medicine while i dashed off to another room to see a deathly sick young woman who was identical to the girl who i saw going to my father's cemetery and smirked at me. This discovery starlted me but yet, i still demanded to know what had happened to her.

 

 

" I can't do this anymore, my body has always been weaker than the average and i suppose i exhausted my body. There's nothing you can do now, just let me die in peace."  

 

 

 

I did not personally know the girl, but her attitude towards life pissed me off and i was about to tell her off. I walked up to her bed and forced her to sit upright by the shoulders. " Listen here you little , you weren't put onto this earth without a good damned reason! How could you be so nonchalant about life and death? People struggle everyday with this but you know what's the difference between you and the others? THEY FIGHT ON! AND THEY HAVE NOBODY BUT THEMSELVES BUT YOU KNOW WHAT'S AMAZING? THEY'VE MANAGED! YOU HAVE A FATHER TO LOOK AFTER YOU AND LOOK AT HIM!! HE ALMOST GAVE UP HIS LIFE TRYING TO GET SOME HERBS FOR YOU DID YOU KNOW THAT?" I shot a finger towards the old man who was now standing nearby with a bowl filled with the medicine and with a face that looked destroyed and defeated. At this point, tears were overflowing across my face as i remembered my own hardships and i, i was furious with this girl. " I don't care what you have to say but you will not die today, at least not while i'm around. So you will drink this."

 

 

" It's an order. Take it as one from the princess of malidon." I didn't know if it was lying threat but it had to do for now.

 

 

 

The girl threw fits and struggled against me and forced me to send my hand across her face. The impact was loud but it did manage to calm her down. I forced the medicine down but while i was doing that, i remembered lay teaching me a special trick to cure a deathly disease and i immediately transferred the energy into the girl as she finally obediently, but lifelessly drank the medicine. Thanks to lay's special ingredient, the girl knocked out within seconds and i sensed the girl's life pulse returning back to normal. I turned to her aged and troubled father and announced the good news. Silence broke through the entire room when suddenly, the old man dropped to his knees in front of me bowing after another while thanking me over and over again.

 

 

" Thank you my lady, i will be forever indebted to you and your good heart. Please, please accept my gratitude and let me do anything for you!" The foreign feeling of awkwardness and being dumbfounded hit me hard but i was still able to understand why the old man was so grateful.

 

 

" No, that won't be necessary, but please, do tend and watch for your daughter as her pulse is still weak with recovery." He looked defeated but nonetheless had agreed to watch for his daughter and announced that i was welcomed at anytime." 

 

 

Within that last minute of smiling and accepting his thankful heart, he bowed down as a sign of respect to the late princess i impersonated and so we bid our farewells and parted ways. As i walked through the forrest, familiar sceneries passed me by. The lovely melody that the birds chirped and the calming rush of a waterfall nearby. I recognized the setting. I've been here before! The sudden realization hit me just as hard as a car colliding with me head on. This was the exact spot i had the reoccuring dreams of kirphis! I walked onward a little more and there it was, the waterfall! The sound of a sword clunking made me whip my head back and the general looked at me with amusement. Oh right, i forgot about him.

 

 

" Will you still be obedient if i set you free?" He looked confused as hell and i completely changed my mind about releasing my curse. As i tried to find my way out of the forrest, a sudden arrow shot through and had the general dropping to the floor unconscious.

 

 

"!" i hollered out and got to my foot to chase after the presence. I quickly put myself into the center of the space and used myself as bait and waited for the attacker to show up. I was not disappointed when a girl shot out from nowhere and went straight for my neck. With a flick of my wrist, the girl flung away from me and took out her whip this time. It was not any whip, it was one that required magic to form. She took off the vest she was wearing and it turned into a spiked blood whip within seconds and i barely missed by a millimeter. Running away was an option, but my pride was too big so i decided that if i were to die here, i died with dignity. I concentrated extremely hard on the whip and when it finally reached through, i've managed to gain full access to the whip even if it weren't in my hands. I forced the whip to wrap itself around the owner and the girl screamed out in pain as it tightened around herself.

 

 

" Sorry, had to be one of us and i REALLLLY don't want to be cooked inside out so i gave the opportunity to you" I said mocking her.

 

 

" WHO ARE YOU?!" the girl screamed. I forced her onto her knees and replied, " you see, i'm trying to figure that out myself so i just can't give you an answer yet."

 

 

Without warning, another presence come forth and it was a male this time. Not any male, oh no, it was one of the freaking korean guy lookalikes, and with a psychotic laugh, he had me trapped within his cage which seemed impossible to escape from. The more i tried to find an escape, the smaller the cage got and the flames became out of control and soon enough, it began to burn me. It took everything in me to keep silent and my choice to stay mute had seemed to piss the fire guy off. Fire guy and the girl with the whip muttered something and nodded their heads. The guy came forward and was about to injure me even further but then a sudden strong presence came in to stop him from doing so. 

 

 

" What the hell kirphis?" Fire guy asked, clearly fustrated.  

 

 

" I should be saying the same thing to you." Kirphis, so that's who came to my rescue." AS PRINCE OF THE DRAGON KINGDOM, I ORDER YOU TO REMOVE THAT FIRE WALL FROM PRINCESS SURA IMMEDIATELY!"

 

 

 

" Kirphis listen, i don't care if this woman is a princess, she-"

 

 

 

I would've loved to stick around and listen to more of this seemingly interesting conversation but the pain was too much to handle and i was knocked out before even reaching the floor with kirphis being the last to be within my mind. As always.

                                           

                               


 

 

" Will she ever wake up?" 

 

 

" Shut up tao, stop saying nonsense!" a girl's voice cried

 

 

" But she's got a point kris, she's hurt pretty bad, you saw the state her body's in. And just so you know, all these injuries weren't gained in one go, like the cut on her head is a few days old. But the ing bastard was too much, skylar was pretty much burnt from head down and yet none of us heard her scream out, i know i would've gone mad under the same pain level as skylar. This girl is really something else."

                                                                                                                                                          


 

  Slowly, i gathered my consciousness and the closest near me was kirphis, another guy who i feel like i've known since forever and the girl who i remembered saving from the village." SHE'S AWAKE!" the girl hollered scaring me. Kirphis reached for my face and i froze in place. When the fire guy appeared to walked to me with that same psychotic smile, i recalled the fire wall crashing down on me and screamed my lungs out.

 

 

" AHHHH! GET THE AWAY FROM ME! GET THE AWAY!! ALL OF YOU!" Strangely enough, kirphis looked hurt before shooting a death glare at the supposed chanyeol,  " seriously chanyeol... you."

 

 

 

What was going on? Why were these people acting like my friends when i knew death was near and i really couldn't escape this time. Kirphis held my face by both hands and looked at me with the same pained expression. " Kirphis, you should be careful with her, remember what i told you? Chanyeol's alter did quite some damage to skylar both physically and mentally. And, on top of that, when you find out that your mom who's watched you grow for the past seventeen years suddenly became a shadow demoness... how is she supposed to handle all this thrown at her? To put it simply, she's traumatized."  

 

 

" Does is have to be like this lay? I want her to remember."

 

 

 

" We all do."

 

 

 

 They all looked at me with hurt and pity although i didn't like it or want it in anyway. I was too tired and pained to fight against it. " Please" i begged to kirphis, " I just want to go home. Please let me go." My voice gave in and tears rained down my cheeks. Kirphis was on the verge of tears as well and hugged me tightly. I looked around and sensed everyone's mood. I was confused and scared when i saw the even the fire guy had tears in his eyes.

 

 

 

It was the same.

 

 

 

 

 

It was always all the same.

 

 

 

 

Sadness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I cried even harder as i became frustrated when raking through my brain for any memories that can explain why the people were acting the way they were and coming up with the conclusion that i've got nothing. And for the first time in a long while, I was utterly defeated.