1

Two Legends

 

 

 

The seconds ticked by. Hell it could even possibly been days that had gone by while a gentle stream nearby could be heard along with birds singing to a familiar melody. The ground i laid on was surprisingly comfortable and with curiosity, i opened my eyes and sat up. Only then i recalled the earlier incident that took place. I saw something white fluttering beneath me that caught my attention.  It was a white, one shouldered floor length grecian styled dress with complicated embellishments around the waist. Suddenly, movements could be heard from behind, and out of instinct, i whipped my head back and asked who was there.  

 

No answer. 

 

 

" Hello? Is anyone there?" 

 

 

"Show yourself!" I was getting impatient.

 

 

But only silence welcomed me. Waiting for the worse to come, i prepared both physically and mentally, ready to fight at any given time. I started to take careful steps backwards while scanning the area as i went for any suspicious movements. I kept the act up until my body came in contact with something hard and lean. A smirk could be heard and i whipped my head back to face the owner of the body. 

 

 

" I've finally found you my love, its about time." 

 

 

His body was extremely well built, a tall figure with  facial features that any girl would kill for matched his chocolate brown locks that indeed complimented his facial structure further. The young man wore the similiar grecian styled clothing. This must mean he was within in the same time period. But wait.. he called me " his love? Oh boy. 

 

 

" What are you talking about? This is complete nonsense!" i cried out to the handsome stranger. He was now the one who was left utterly confused.

 

 

 " What are YOU talking about? We were destined to be together Sura.. don't you remember the sworn words?" He said while flashing me a hopeful smile. 

 

 

" Sura? You're freakin' crazy, that's not even my name." 

 

 

I will  not deny the fact that i was utterly rude but, could you really blame me? How frustrating do you think it is to repeat the same continuious dream with different dialouges everytime? Oh yeah, forgot to ask, did i ever mention that sura was not my name? Looking up to check his reaction, different emotions showcased on his face one after the last just like a flip book animation although the ones that stood out to me the most were among hurt, anger and betrayal. Just then, like a switch of a button, his eyes began to turn into a really cold color before turning completely pitch black. As black as if there was only darkness within darkness. The hairs on my back stood up involuntarily while my instincts kicked in and told me it was for the best if i booked it. 

 

 

" Maybe saying that was not the best idea sura..." He warned with a husky voice that was dangerous and controlling yet alluring.

 

 

 Something, in fact, EVERYTHING was not right here, first and foremost sura definetly was not my name. Secondly, there's just something about this man seems off. Such an intimidating aura. Why does he keep calling me by sura? Too many questions and too little time to understand it all causes a cloud of confusion within me but seeing those pitch black orbs which i swore were brown from before have completely shut down my train of thoughts. He closed his eyes as a gesture to calm himself and turned away from me to take deep even breaths. Taking this opportunity, and without thinking twice, i my heels and made a run for it. 

 

 

 

" NO! Sura please! Come back, i didn't mean to lose my temper, i tried to control it but it got the best of me, i'm sorry!" 

 

 

 

 

To hell with it!

 

 

 

 

Anxiously, i ran faster than before and passed by green blurs of trees and bushes. Atleast i get a nice scenery while running for my dear life. Lovely. I was running for about ten minutes before i felt a pair of strong solid arms locking itself around my waist, stopping me from my tracks. I screamed from the sudden intrusion and thrashed around uselessly before getting distracted by his forearm that bared a tattoo of a dragon taking flight. The more i looked at it, the more hypnotized i became to it, he must've saw the effect it had on me and led my attention away from it. That very second when i broke eye contact with the tattoo, i was brought back to reality and  remembered why i ran away in the first place. 

 

 

"AUUUGHH!  LET ME GO!" 

 

 

 

 I hollered on the top of my lungs, his grip on me loosened but not completely letting go either. Again hurt could be seen in his eyes and in a low sad voice he asked, 

 

 

 

" Why are you being like this sura? I'm kirphis, your kirphis, please tell me what's wrong my love". 

 

 

 

" ENOUGH!" i yelled and broke free from his caging arms

 

 

 

" For the last time i am not sura, you are not my love and i " taking a short break from shouting and i finished in a lower and calmer voice, " am going to get out of here and you're not going to stop me from doing so."

 

 

 

 I took three or four steps away from the so called kirphis when a familiar wave of dizziness suddenly swept me off my feet. Before i could come in contact with the floor, kirphis held me once again in his embrace which felt warm for the first time and strangely enough, i managed to feel a sense of security. It was rather comfortable with the position i am in, and loosing all intentions of escaping, i made myself comfortable before drifting into a relaxed state of mind.

 

 

 

What the hell just happened?

             

                                                 


 

 

 

Someone was calling out to the girl who was addressed by the name of sura that came from no other than kirphis himself. I opened my eyes and saw him holding the body belonging to the crying woman from my first encounter. Only then had i realize that i was back in my own perspective again.

 

 

 

" Help me. "

 

 

 

 

A woman's plea that sounded almost exactly indentical to mine from another era with an odd ancient accent cried out. 

 

 

 

 

" Save exo, and fulfill the duties from the sworn words."  Her voice was feminine and soft but also ironically demanding. 

 

 

 

 

With nothing else, a ray of blinding light with warmth that you could physically touch appeared from nowhere and engulfed me. I tried to figure out where exactly in hell i was at. Buildings that were long destroyed and abandoned streets with perished houses here and there all on fire came into view. The vast land that stretched miles before me was in a helpless dread in an equally dreading atmosphere. Coincidentally. i got to catch a glimpse of a fatally injured bird with a magnificent tail dripping fire red liquid, leaving behind a long tail of blood on the ground while flying into the horizon of the setting sun with a pained cry. I tried to catch up to it and wanted tend the injured bird but the unnatural and bizzare ray of light got so extremely bright to the point i could no longer withstand it. I had been left with no choice but to leave the bird behind and bring an arm across my closed eyes to provide some shade and protection from the foreign energy of light. 

 

 

 

 

Must fulfill the duties from the sworn words!!!" The same woman cried, louder and much more desperate this time around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But exactly where the  am i?

 

 

 

 

Why was i brought here?

 

 

 

 

 

What duties from sworn words?

 

 

 

 

 

Why now?

 

 

 

 

 

Why....

 

 

 

 

 

Why me?

 

 

 

 

 

With those questions left to be unanswered, i started to float higher and higher along with the light, but the remaining sight of kirphis bending over and crying while clinging onto the lifeless corpse of the woman was painful to watch. There was an unfamiliar tugging sensation at my chest but there was nothing i could do to help but float higher and higher. 

 

 

 

 

" Remember your duties young one, follow your destiny and we will cross paths again very soon!"

 

 

 

 

 

Destiny? What destiny? What the hell was this? I didn't even want to know anymore.

 

                  


 

 

 

 

 

First there was silence, then came the feeling of falling- a drop even wings could not prevent. Where i was going i did not know. There was nothing before me and nothing behind, nothing above and nothing below, only thick darkness and the blurry outline of what had to be my soul. I had with me an odd determination of witnessing something from the past and i had came from the future. Continuing to tumble onward and down through denser blackness, i no longer saw or feel and could not recall how i ended up here; nowhere, hurtling through nothingness but towards where? For how much longer? I was filled with an urge to find something... someone.

 

An urge to feel whole again-

 

 

But there was only darkness within the darkness.

 

 

A silence drowning out my thoughts-

 

 

A nothing that was everything-

 

 

 i continued to fall.

 

 


 

 

I sprang up with a jolt accompanied with the complete package including  heavy breathing, drumming ears, and a layer of sweat on my forehead. Leaning over my bed, i checked my alarm clock:

 

 

3:33 AM. 

 

 

I've had that dream again, this would mark the fifth time having the repetitive dream in a row but with the exception of it being much more clearer and detailed. As i finally started to calm down, the drumming in my ears also subsided as well as the heavy breathing. I wanted to remember specific details about the dream but as soon as i plopped down onto my soft pillows, the distinct details from the dream disappeared from my memories and i dosed off once again into a dreamless yet peaceful slumber. 

 

And thank god for that.