9

Two Legends

 

  The demoness that was once my mother was about to jump at me once more but was stopped by the second demon. Judging by the way she looked at him, i knew he was someone, or rather, something she looked up to. As if he was a general. The male demon took the female wreck and give her a stern look. Next thing i knew, the room temperature dropped dramatically. It was different from the way xiumin would have summoned for it reeked of evilness and agony whereas xiumin's gave off the feeling of refreshment. The memory of the first snow. 

  The room suddenly turned as dark as night and a fog-like substance appeared. It drastically took the form of a tornado that spun faster by the passing second. Before i knew it, the two demons ran into the dark tornado and disappeared in front of my eyes. They might have escaped from my grip once in the airport but things will never occur twice with me. I had to follow them. for all i knew, my brother could be held hostage or something even worse imaginable. Call it instinct, call it irrational, before i could even stop myself, i, too, followed suit and jumped into the shadow while the last thing i heard was kris's voice along with a few other's screaming for me to come back. Some were screaming while others spewed profantity out of frustation. But everything was too late, for i was already tumbling towards a parallel universe. To die or stay alive, there's no backing out now.

                                                             


 

The sensation of falling was all too familiar with my body. I traveled through space and time, decades before decades, eras before eras. I looked all around me but only the familiar darkness greeted me. An uncomfortable sense of being watched by someone who was hiding in a corner sent chills up and down my spinal cord. After forever, i suddenly caught a flashing orb of light and taking the opportunity, i flung myself towards the welcoming light and hoped for the best. 

 

Everything seemed to be happening all at once after i made my faithful leap. I got tossed and turned around a few times, receiving some rather annoying cuts and bruises here and there. I felt myself being shoved from behind and rolled down what felt like a mountain slope. But ofcourse, no grand entrance is complete without a finale of me ramming my head into a tree trunk. I wanted to scream out due to the intense pain but the wise words i was once taught flew through my mind. We do not cry and scream out when in pain, we must preserve and endure. We do not surrender to pain, we never surrender to pain, we conquer it.

 

" It does not hurt... i do not feel.....it does not hurt. I must conquer the pain.... i will never surrender." I repeated to myself over and over again and that seemed to give me a little comfort but the warm liquid leaking down the side of my head wanted me to just drop and curl into a ball. It was painful yes, but the idea of laying down and curling into a ball annoyed me lots. I gritted my teeth together and had trouble standing back up thanks to the tremendous amount of pain that scattered throughout my entire body. Somewhere near me, a presence came into my radar and i tried my best to hide my own and desperately looked for a hiding spot. I found a temporary one and quickly dove into it. A guy with a scary amount of resembalance to lay along with tao, and another guy who reminded me of the korean boy that wouldn't talk as much and stared at anything or anyone with an impression of hatred was seen with the unmistakable kirphis. Their presense were some of the strongest presences i had ever felt in my life. That meant they were more powerful than me as i had weakened from the blood loss. The odds weren't in my favor. Tsk. 

 

 

" Hey guys, do you feel that? "

 

 

" You mean this?" The chen lookalike joked and flexed his arms, showing off his prominent musculine physique.

 

 

And that's when i noticed they were in the exact clothing i had visions of. All of them wore grecian styled clothing. I looked down at myself and found the motorcycle jacket and skinny jeans that were quite damaged from all the graceful falls and tumbling episodes i got myself into. I looked down at my feet to see that my boots miraculously survived the personal hell i've been through. When i checked more carefully, my knives were still intact and undamaged. I had to say i was definietly impressed with the quality.  

 

 

" I'm serious guys, i feel a presence." Tao or atleast that's who it seemed like to me spoke up again. 

 

 

After a brief moment of silence, kris/kirphis whatever the hell, spoke up with an authoritive voice that clearly demanded everyone's attention and it was too obvious that he was the leader of the group. I think back to how kris is the leader of the so called exo-k and could not help but let out a short yet amused chuckle. I could not believe i lived long enough to admit i actually missed them and we've only met for how long? A few hours maximum. I shook the foreign mushy feeling away and focused back onto their conversation. 

 

" Alright guys, tao's right, there is indeed a presense nearby. Quite a strong one at that too." Kirphis stated.

 

It had only caused another amused smirk from me when i heard him call my presense " strong" while i was already hiding 90% of it. All hell would break loose if i released the remaining 10. 

 

" Keep your guards up until i can fully decipher whether the presense's owner is a friend or foe." 

 

" But what if she's a hot babe?" The bronze skinned boy whose name i did not remember suggested.

 

I scoffed at his remark and stepped out from my hiding spot to send a shock through his back before retrieving back behind the boulder. " OW! What the hell, i just got shocked!" The same guy whined. 

 

 

" Serves you right." Kirphis answered. 

 

 

Another unvolunteered chuckle escaped from my lips and it was quickly dismissed. 

 

 

" It's definietly a girl." Lay spoke out loud for the first time. It was such an awkward impression when i saw him with long hair and with parts braided into a specific style. Lay and long hair. How i wanted to snap a picture. I leaned against the gigatic rock and waited for my chance to escape. What seemed like a spilt second later, the brozen skinned boy appeared before me. For some odd reason, i was prepared and almost as if i had knew this was going to happen. My reaction did not betray me. The sudden intruder's eyebrows raised as he scanned me from head to toe and a confident smirk became apparent. What a douchebag.

 

 

" Well aren't you a unique little flower." 

 

 

" Too bad you won't be able to stick around to see me fully blossom." I reflected his arrogance and mirrored the identical smirk. This seemed to take him aback by surprise and shouted out to his buddies. Teleportation huh, we'll see about that. " Kirphis! I found who we're looking for! Get your asses over here! " Not a second later, the few familiar faces greeted mine and kirphis was the one that seemed like the most shocked. He too, like the bronze boy scanned my entire body starting from my hair, my clothing and then my shoes and up to stare into my eyes again. Unlike the first guy, he showed no arrogance but rather a look of unaccpetance.

 

" Who are you and why have you invaded malidon?" He demanded with the same authorative voice that didn't phase me one bit. So malidon is where i ended up, how nice. Home at last. I sarcastically added. But if my memory served me right after hearing the infamous legend, what the hell were they doing in this kingdom? Didn't they have their own to roam around?  Nosy s. " That's for me to know and you to find out." I snapped at him. Tao, just like the tao i knew was the one who had the same special connection to time control and tried to freeze the time. To put it another way, he was trying to freeze me from going anywhere. Too bad for him since i willed myself hard enough to slip away at the last second with a cold look dedicated to kirphis. I was absolutely sure he got my glare. Our eyes met at the last spilt second and then just like that, i was gone as if i had never existed. As i was in the borderline from my previous location to the one i'm about to appear in, i had asked myself the same questions kirphis demanded from me.. Who was i? Why have i invaded malidon? 

 

 

I stepped through the window-like frames and found myself in the middle of a busy street and caused quite a few judging heads to turn and look at me. I would return my indifferent stares with a hint of my dangerous presense  to those who had dared to lay their eyes on me in the first place. The teleportation had taken an increased toll on me. I felt myself weaker by the passing second and my energy was draining uncontrollably. Although as tired as i was, i forced one foot in front of the other and walked a good distance. The once overly populated crowd parted into two lines, one on each side as i continued to stroll down the road, constantly turning my head a little in case an unwanted surprise from my most current and possible enemies were sneaking up upon me. I continued walking until i found a place that resembled a hotel inn. The staff member who would be over a few hundred years old if he were to live until my time reserved a room for me and i paid with a stack of my american currency. He had taken it from me not daring to question about the origin of the odd green paper money. But observed it oddly with the other workers looking at it this way and that. Afraid that it was a weapon of some sort. I quickly made up a life and told them i was from another country and that i was here to do some trade business. And that the money was worth alot more than what they thought. They were about to bow down to me for my generosity but i had stopped them from doing so. I didn't have time for this. When i climbed the gruesome flights of stairs, kirphis's questions popped up in my head once more but i suddenly came up with a confident answer. I was here to hunt down the two most filthy demons in the history of shadows and possibly rescuing my brother along the way.

 

 

 

Nothing was going to stop me.

 

 

 

If even time itself could not stop me, what made these clueless people think they could? Well, i could gladly show you why you are wrong in every single way possible. I finally reached my room and slammed the door close and walked over to the windows to pull the curtains aside from each side and leaned my hands on either side of the window pane and stared out at the ongoing daily routine of busy mothers buying their fresh groceries for the day and males working with horses or going somewhere fancy when i saw a few in very dressy clothes. I stared out towards the distance. At first, there was nothing but the breath taking unpolluted blue sky. When taking another look, there it was, the castle of malidon. That was where all the chaos was beginning to erupt because of those damned shadows and that was exactly where i needed to be to end it. So when i asked myself again for my own identity, well, atleast for a starter,  my name was skylar and i was a shadowhunter.