18

Two Legends

 

Sehun lets out an annoyed breath and takes it back in. It was going to happen, they were going to go after skylar and the consequences are one that none of the men cared any longer. To be honest, the only reason why sehun even bothered to get involved in this whole situation was the same as kris's. They both wanted skylar to be put back into safety as soon as possible. Sehun knew all along what skylar's mom had planned. He knew how she had gathered them together so that the two forces could battle it out for the last war. Sehun also knew this woman who skylar learned to call " mom" was just a case of bull. The female demon, with a human exterior, was a thing that had skylar conditioned to hunt and kill from a young age. Skylar could've lived a normal life with a happy childhood but everything that meant happiness was robbed from her. Skylar would've naturally been a warm and friendly personality but was forced to be on a defensive mode every ticking second of the day. The ruined skylar's life, and sehun will remember to make her pay for that. These were the little differences between sehun and the demoness, but he also knew when everything was broken down to the simplist particle, she was no different that he.

 

 

 For they both served satan. 

 

 

 

But then again although that is the case, sehun had finally and fortunately found the light at the end of his nightmarish black tunnel whereas the demoness sunk too deep for anyone to save. Not even God himself. Sehun knew the truth as well a few others in the room but at what cost would they dare to unseal their mouth and reveal the truth to the obvlious ones? To sehun, the opposites were nothing but fools! But why was he still here and enduring the chaotic outcome? He loved sura enough to be put in a position where giving up his immortal life in exchange for one of her's meant a fair trade. And because sehun planned to get skylar back to safety in the long run, he will endure this temperaory annoyance for now. Sehun's heart that was cold as stone gave a violent thump in his chest and he recalled the first memory of this thing known to people as a " heart throb". Sehun's lips lifted just a tad bit before dropping down to his usual expressionless image.

 

" It better be worth it." He thought in his head.

 


 

 

 

Sehun would be the last thing found in this universe to understand what love meant but as if the odds are never in his favor, love was exactly what he found. At first he didn't understand the sudden need to breathe or the imaginary feeling of his heartbeat quickening whenever she was in sight. To his body, these bodily functions were absolutely unnecessary for he was a damned vampire. But that wasn't enough of a reason for the unexplainable sensation whenever the young woman was around. Sehun would hear the way her laughter would chime through the walls and how her presense alone could lift his mood even when he knew it should have been deadly impossible. Sehun would also notice that whenever she was around, he would keep an eye on her at all times and felt the urge to protect her from the millions of possibilities that could put her in harm's way. At the beginning, because sehun was confused and scared of this new feeling, he would either lock himself up or throw himself off a cliff to see if the weird feeling would go away. The pain blocked off the feeling so for a while it worked out okay but on the fifth day where he tried to throw himself into the raging waterfall behind his limited space of ground, the girl who sehun had been avoiding instantaneously materialized in front of him randomly and shoved him back towards a safer distance from the fall. 

 

 

" What are the hell are you thinking oh sehun? Are you out of your stupid mind!?" Sura screamed and her expression showed that she was not pleased. Not pleased at all. The jeweled strands from both sides of her headpiece swung in all different kinds of crazy directions wildly reminding him of a windchime as her brows were furrowed and her breathing was heavy. But sehun looked past all that, to him, it was fascinating to know one could still be so beautiful even when they were angry. It also did not help with the fact that the way her hair was did along with the elaborate decorations on her head accentuated her beauty. Sehun looked away as he felt the familiarly unfamiliar sensation returning before sura lunged her arm in front of him and smacked him in the chest. He smiled like a fool when he realized that sura was scared to death therefore causing her to throw a little tantrum directed at his chest. It was all good until she started to cry. Sehun was not familiar with human emotions as any humanly functions were wiped out during the time he worked for satan but he sensed that this crying thing sura did wasn't something good so he tried his best to calm her down. 

 

 

 

" No! Don't cry." 

 

 

 

Sura looked at him through her wet puppy-like eyes and leaned forward into her knees before bringing her arms around for her forehead to rest on. The silver headpiece began to swing back and forth once agin and sehun couldn't help but look at all the details around her hair. From the center lavender flower with gold accents to the feathers of matching colors placed above the gigantic flower. The front two strand of hair were braided and was wrapped with gold cuffs. When he took a closer look, there were tiny versions of the center flower piece placed in places that were perfectly symetrical to each other. Yes, sehun couldn't believe that he just stared at a girl's headwear for so long and yes, he was absolutely drawn to the person wearing it. The heartbeat, without a signal increased rapidly and sehun took notice of how the mark on the side of sura's neck was beginning to glow. He was no idiot and right away, he figured out that whatever he felt was not singular and without knowing why he did what he did, he closed the space between the two and wrapped his strong pair of arms around the cool and silky miles of lavender fabric worn by the girl and held her there. His head spun so quickly it hurt and he felt like he was suffocating but he endured everything as he never let go of sura. 

 

 

 

" I'm serious, stop crying." 

 

 

 

 

Sehun hadn't meant for the words to sound so stiff and demanding as that was not how he wanted to sound. He wanted to comfort sura and tell her that he'll stop the nonsense he was doing for good and that he will never make her worry any more. But for some reason, his secretly affectionate feelings and his mouth were not properly linked and caused sura to look at him again with the same furrowed eyebrows.

 

 

 

 

" Crying is not good and it's annoying."

 

 

 

 

Damn it sehun, this is the reason why everyone hates you i swear!

 

 

 

 

I didn't mean for it to come out this way it's just that i'm nervous and i wanted you to stop crying. I promise i'm not as stupid and cold as i sound like. Please don't be offended. Please sura...... 

 

 

 

 

Sura hiccuped a few times and rubbed her eyes. " It's not my fault that i worry about you, you stupid idiot. How do you think i felt when i realized that you wanted to kill yourself?" 

 

 

For the first time in too long of a while, sehun realized that someone cared about him. Not for his looks or status but him as a person. He felt wonderful and the little boy inside of him struggled to come out and do happy cartwheels. No! Sehun was a powerful vampire and he had to maintain his image that way. He needed to look intimidating to assure him as well as those around of him what he was capable of, but intimidating was not what sura saw at all. To prove her point, she did something too abrupt for him to comprehend but he didn't mind it one bit. He liked it even to be honest. And from that moment on, he decided whatever happened, he will always protect her because of this simple gesture. Sura leaned towards him and rested her head in his cool chest. She closed her eyes and held onto his slim waist comfortably. Sehun felt fire coursing through his body and he felt like he was ready to take on the world! Except for the part that the feathers from sura's headpiece was directly under his nose and he tried patting the feathers away from his face. To much of his annoyance, sura playfully lifted her head a little knowing that it would tickle sehun's nose and sehun tried everything from swatting and blowing the feather away from his face, causing sura to laugh that laugh sehun loved so much.

 

 

 

 

" Don't do stupid anymore oh sehun. I can sense it. We're marked after all are we not? " 

 

 

 

 

Yes, yes we were. 

 

 

 

 

" I don't know what's going to happen from now on but as long as this link between us isn't cut off, you better not dare to test me again. " Sura looked up at the handsome vampire whom she imprinted on for reassurance. 

 

 

 

Sehun said nothing but to solidify his answer, he lifted his hand and placed her head back onto his hard chest. This felt so right. He liked this and although he didn't verbally say anything about how he felt about this whole imprinted mess with sura, he was going to do everything to keep their link going as long as possible. He had not known exactly then yet but that day was the day where he gave in to whatever he felt for the princess and stopped repressing this odd feeling. He had fallen for her and he fell deep yet, sehun didn't know to love such a person with such a future that was to become so corrupt was going to end in a way so tragically and painfully. Everything was too late, even too late for sehun to save himself as he had already fully devoted himself to her. But then again, even if he already knew what was to happen to them, he would still choose to go down the path he went because the pain waiting for him in the future was worth it. His love for sura made it worth it. Because sehun really loved sura. 

 

 

 

 

And he always will.  

 

 


 

 

The commitment sehun made to sura was still effective to this day as the feelings never dissolved, in fact if anything, he felt more love for her than he ever had. He looked over to kris once again and sees that his hyung had his eyes fixed on something far away. Sehun gave an amused smirk recalling how this person was someone he hated so much it hurt to even breathe whenever he was around. To put it in a stereotypical way, kris was what a person would call a " love enemy" to sehun. But in sehun's records, that wasn't what he viewed kris as. For sehun, he saw kris as a thief. A disgusting thief that would steal what sehun treasured the most. " A true savage " sehun would say, but over time, he saw how sura would interact around him during their aged days and perhaps she was right for him after all. Perhaps sura never loved sehun to begin with. Therefore making sehun believe that letting go was the right decision and as much as he suffered through the days as sura was going through the process of reincarnation. For every day that he didn't feel her presence returning, he suffered. If fracturing a bone was painful, what sehun felt was enough to be sent to another realm. Just when he thought he realized he was alone on the suffering, he learned that kris was going through the same painful process, if not more. Kris would try to reach out to sehun but fail horribly as he would lose his mind in grief over their common lost. Sehun learned to realize that he pitied the older man. Although sehun knew he was hurting horribly, not a trace of grief showed on the exterior whereas kris was a complete mess. Kris had taunted sehun before as he finally cracked and screamed at sehun saying that he was too arrogant to let someone see him in a messed up state. Perhaps that was true, perhaps sehun had to keep his guards up at all times because he just might crack as well if he let the walls down. But in a way, this was a form of way of showing kris that he was better than him because he had given up sura for him and willing to suffer. Sehun gave it all up in the end because he knew if he held on to sura, that would do no one any good. Perhaps sehun and sura were really not mean to be after all. But just because he let her go in no way did it imply that he also gave his love up for her. He never will and even if he wanted to, he couldn't. It helped him survive through another day knowing what once belonged to sura and him and it was something so special not even kris could take it away from him. This was going to be the last happy memory sehun will ever hold on to.

 

 

 

 

" Oh for the love of god sehun snap out of it! "  Chanyeol hollered directly in the young man's ear. Sehun's vision quickly shifts into the current here and now and looked at his hyung with an unimpressed expression. 

 

 

 

" What, i didn't do anything." 

 

 

 

" Sure you were, you were glaring holes into kris's head!" Chanyeol decided it was appropriate to throw in. " For the last time maknae, get your together cuz we about to pay satan senpai a visit." 

 

 

 

Nothing in the world could accurately measure how long it had been since his last involvement with the one down below. Sehun wasn't scared of anything but the memories of his unhumanly ways triggered unwanted feelings. And as he spared the thought of possibility of skylar trapped somewhere among the territory of lucifer's, he folded his arm across his chest and tightens his jaw before waiting for chanyeol to put on his black winter coat and casually hanging his arm around the shoulder of the youngest member of their group. 

 

 

 

" Ready to take him on maknae? "  

 

 

 

Sehun releases himself from his hyung's arm and swings on a pair of his own winter coat together blended into the remaining black attire on his body that screamed darkness. Ahh, it was such a perfect color to wear while paying the damned angel a visit. Sehun knew this trip will not be a clean one and that there will be ones that will be wounded from this trip but the worry momentarily left with the swift pop of his coat's collar. He took a few long powerful strides and caught up to chanyeol in no time. He didn't know what the other's purpose of completing this mission was but as long as he could protect his beloved sura. He will do it. If his blood had to be spilled in the process, then his blood will be spilled. He smirked at the stimulating challenge whilst taking a step into the portal meiling had opened up, he looked at the chanyeol next to him who gave him a fist bump as a sign of wish of luck. Who will come back alive or who wouldn't, they didn't know but to hell they went. Sehun was the last of the bunch to go as he pauses for a second as he takes out the purple tassel that was once worn by sura on the headpiece sehun loved so much. He stops to admire the tassel's uniqueness and how sura's scent and presence still lingers on the item. Stopping to admire the tassel was not the true reason why he paused for a slight second but rather, sehun paused for a second to acknowledge the possibility that he will never get to see the beautiful tassel ever again or the possibility of him never coming back to this place alive or in one piece. In the end of his decision, sehun still thinks it would be worth trading his immortal life for sura's reincarnation to live an ordinary life with no worries of how many shadows she still had to hunt down.


 

 

 

 

 

Sehun takes one last clean breath of air.

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Let's up."  The handsome vampire declared calmly with a hidden destructive demeanor behind his soothing voice, before being completely swallowed into portal leaving any form of safety behind. He was okay with being put through the chaos that will soon follow because from then until now because he had always loved her enough. And if his words couldn't provide much accuracy, perhaps his actions will. And to be fair enough, was exactly what oh sehun ed up as soon as he stepped through the gates of where once served as home to him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

" It's party time." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


sura's infamous headpiece that sehun adores oh so much ( did u c what i did dere kekekee)

 

 


 

A/N: Filler, filler, filler timeeee~ It's always chapters like this one that always writes itself i swear. Or maybe cuz Yehet originator is my bias IDK. I REALLY LOVED THE HEADPIECE WHEN I SAW IT  SO I MADE SEHUN LOVE IT AS WELL MUHAHAHAHAHA!~ My sehun in this story is so badass/awkward ottokaeeeeeeee ;___; Anyways there are alot of foreshadowing happening in this chapter DO U FEEL LIKE CUZ I DO. Anyways serious question, as i was writing all the flashbacks, i was having the idea of writing a prologue to this story. If you guys want one, let me know in the comments! If not i'll just leave the story as how it is. So it's up to you guys.  Hope this update will fill your needs for now haha i need to go to sleep. Oh! and also thanks for subscribing and always being extremely patient with me. Good night errrrrrone! :> 

 

P.S: The font has no chill so  if you could just ignore that it would be great! Apologizing for the inconvenience!! 

- Usagichan96