13 ( Kris POV )

Two Legends

  A few seconds of rest later, the sound of a crash jolted me awake and i swiftly lifted my covers and ran downstairs to see what was going on. Just as i had suspected, a fight was breaking loose. But the sad thing was, only one side was fighting. An elderly could be seen with a bag of what i assume to be a bag of herbs and remembering the strict law of stealing in malidon, the punishment could be as severe as death itself. And right as the old man's neck was to come in contact with the sharp blade, a girl boldly appeared and snapped the solider's neck leaving him dead as soon as he dropped to the ground. Whispers circulated furiously as they all wanted to know who in the right mind would dare to commit such an act. I also wanted to take a look to see who it was but the girl dashed out the door with the general and his men close behind her tail.  Weirdly enough, i became worried for the girl's safety and so involuntarily, i, too began to run out of the place as well. Maybe i'm really out of shape but once i made it out the door, the group was no longer there. Running to nowhere in particular, i trusted my instinct to lead me to the right way. My feet took me to no other than the infamous forrest where too many things happened. But what gave me the bigget shock was that among chased, the young woman was actually sura! I did not want to just assume or rather is denying the possibility taht it was skylar before me since the two alters absolutely cannot come in contact with each other or else the universe would be in complete and utter chaos. I wanted to run up to sura to protect her from harm's way but i also did not want to create an unwanted turmoil thus, i had no choice but to stay in a part of the forrest where one would not pay attention to. But for safety measures, i still made sure sura was within my field of vision. Just in case if anything happened. The fierce little girl also never ceases to amaze me just as the general decided to threaten her, my girl was having none of their bull and began to beat the crap out of the soldiers with her amaing telekinesis skills that reminded me so much of him. It was undoubtably a family gifted talent. Adjusting my eyesight back onto sura, i see sura forcing an answer out of the general for the reason of hurting the old man. Her face turned from disbelief into rage faster than time could count and gave the general another round of " punishment" and as for me, being the creep that i technically ways, stayed in the dark rather amused and proud of the comedic fight. 

  After sura's vent that came to a conclusion, she grabbed the bastard in command and held him in a final choke hold. Sura urged at the old man for something. My eyes followed her movements as she looped her arm in the old man's and looked at the general with genuine disgust before grabbing a handful of his clothes and shoving him in front of her. She took three steps, four steps. Then by the fifth step, the trio vanished into thin air leaving me with nothing less than dazed. The show was over as i let my amused smile fade away. I sat by the trees and started to brainstorm locations on where they would most likely go.

" Oh ! No wonder the old man looked so familiar. You're so ing stupid kris i swear..." I scolded at myself. It was meiling's father with means this must be the point in time where meiling was deathly sick and sura appeared to save her from death's invitation as well as slapping some sense into her. With a new profound and confident determination, i set of to meiling's cottage and was about to see history repeat itself. Luck stayed by my side because as soon as i made it to the familiar yet ancient cottage, flashbacks from the war abruptedly snuck their way into my consciousness of fire burning and dead corspes lying around this very cottage and i quickly shook the memory away. I went back and watched as sura and the now hypnotized general following closely behind her like an obedient dog bowing and parting ways with meiling's father.

  Jealously shot through me and it took every last bit of my strength to refrain from jumping on the bastard general and beat the living out of him. First you hurt my sura and then you follow her around like an obedient little puppy? you. I slapped myself across the face to calm down and also to knock some sense back into my thick skull. And like always, i made sure to stay close yet far behind and followed them deeper into the forrest but soon after, we were all caught off guard as an arrow shot through from what seemed like one of the willow trees and the general went down within seconds. Sura seemed to become furious yet bravely came out into the clearing. I smiled once more as i recalled sura in the battlefield with her grace yet solider-like demanor, being afraid of absolutely nothing. Yet to have so many fear her presence. Sura walked circles, deliberately setting herself up as bait as she was desperate to start a fight with the attacker. And for some odd reason, this sense of personality seemed to connect with skylar more than sura since skylar was the one with the more of the " i won't go down to hell unless i drag your down with me" type of deal, but i refused to let the hesitation take me over. An undeniable sixth sense kicked in and told me something was not definietly not right. I frantically skimmed through my long lost forgotten memories and did not remember sura ever having a fight here in the forrest. EVERWhat the hell was going on? Then...... then that must mean a new timeline was being created and things are starting to fall out of place and pattern. As much as i told the guys i didn't care if i caused disturbance in the force, it was more of a " heat of the moment" type of thing and now that i've began to witness it in action, i began to panic as this new timeline could lead everyone and everything to seize to exist.

 

 

 

  . 

 

 

 

 

   When i finished my reality check, sura was seen fighting a girl specialized and trained with a spiked whip that could drain your blood within minutes. Thankfully though, it seemed as if sura/skylar knew what to do and had the little wrapped around her finger as the whip tied tightly around its owner's body, causing the girl to scream a horrendous scream. Sura/skylar gave it a good yank with the force of both of her arms and the gushing of blood soon followed. The girl fell to the ground started a round of seizure around her personal pool of blood. As she continued to twitch, the color of her blood also began to turn into a digusting blue. My doubts also kicked in because as more time passed. The certainty of skylar being the actual person disguised as the late princess rised as i watched how "sura" was handling situations. In the end i still refused to believe it was her prayed with all my might that it wasn't her, at least not at this point in time. Suddenly, as if i jinxed the prayer, the girl with the whip's male counterpart came out from the dark and trapped sura into a wall with flames around every crevice imaginable. Sura began to kick and as the top of the wall came crashing down on her, she started to kick harder and actually managed to leave a dent in one of the sides. After the flames came to burn her to a point where she couldn't endure any more, she collasps and that was enough to force me out of my hiding spot, not caring about the consequences anymore.

  After seeing that it was actually chanyeol the prince of the pheonix causing the pain to sura, my anger rised faster than a bullet as i quickly resurrected kirphis and ordered him to stop what he was doing. He looked suprised to see me but i was not in the mood for any of his bull at all. " Release her. Now."

 

 

 

 

" But kirphis, this woman-"

 

 

 

 

 

RELEASE HER IMMEDIATELY!!" I roared as i felt my presence at its peak, evidentially scaring him. Well why shouldn't i? I was the leader of the group after all. A thunder zapped through just in time and knocked the phoenix prince out and an invisible box of hurricane tossed the prince and the girl that was still currently in a seizure into a frenzy. After making sure that they were out for sure, skylar's group combined with all of my best buds appeared out from behind the dark bushes. I was beyond shocked but extremely grateful nonetheless." Guys.. when did you.. h-how!?"  I awkwardly tried to start a conversation, " soon after you jumped into the stupid shadow. We made the decision to go after you since we knew like this was bound to happen. Hey, whatever happens, we're in it together now." Sehun stressed. This little always knows how to work his magic as i seemingly did calm down a bit and gave him a good smack behind the neck." We're a team after all right?" Chen asked with a bright smile. I offered a hand and as soon as he took it, i jerked my hand backwards and forced him into a half bear hug and half handshake. Snorts and giggles that were disguised behind a fake cough could be heard and i made sure to glare at them. So i guess this was it, this is where m and k unite as one once again. It was almost embarrassing for me to admit, but the strongest urge to just kneel down and cry from relief and gratefulness left me speechless for the longest time. " Aww, would you look at that, kris is being a poopoo~~" Suho cooed and his arm was comfortably swung around tao's neck. I was not oblivious and did notice that everyone was injured but no one complained about it and that give me another reason why i wanted to just squish my love onto them. Although i definietly and absolutely did not verbalize all that mushy stuff. Instead, i replied to suho with a " shut the hell up" through teary eyes. All the guys except kai broke out loud laughter and just as i joined in as well, kai suddenly pushed us apart.

 

 

" Cut your mushy for now because first things first, let's get to safety and make sure no one sees us." 

 

 

 

 

 

  I glared at chanyeol for the longest time and he looked at me with a questioning look. Although i knew it wasn't his fault, the anger towards him began to boil in my blood as i saw exactly how badly injured sura was. Kai sternly made sure we all held on to each other. Sura was out for good but it was a relief to now  that she was atleast safe in my arms. By the time we were on our third count, we reappeared in front of a tidy little house. " Hope you don't mind, we, uh... kind of just crashed here since we arrived."

 

" It's not in the best shape but it has to make do for now." Suho explained, while rubbing his neck." What exactly do you mean by ' crashed' "? I asked with skeptism. 

 

 

Oh that. Just, you know, chasing the family out and gave them some compensation money and what not." Sehun shrugged noncholantly.

 

 

  I gave sehun a full body scan from head to toe and shook my head in disbelief before rushing off to sura who was instructed to be put in the nearest bed. Caustiously, i lowered her body until it rested on the bedding and turned to lay who instantly put himself to work. Sura would groan out in pain once in a while and would simultaneously slip in and out of consciousness. But with every time that she came back to us, she brought along some of the most confused expressions ever. Though no verbal words were spoken amongst the guys, it was painfully obvious that we were all terrifed of the possibility of skylar no longer knowing who we are anymore. I turned to look at lay with a desperate look and he mirrored the same broken expression all the while explaining skylar took the place of sura therefore creating the extra timeline. This new loop will begin to put everyone in danger, putting everyone's existence into question. Slowly turning back to look at the poor girl's wounded body, i sighed out of frustration. With the lightest touch, i reached down and carressed her face. Her eyebrows furiously furrowed and i tried to relax them by touching her forehead. She relaxes for a bit before returning to the exact same expression as before. The desire for her to remember me unwillingly dies off as i prioritized my options. I no longer asked for anything else but only to wish for skylar to have a healthy recovery and i will fight for it. I am willing to do anything to bring her back.

 

 

  Anything....

 

 

  The room was dark with only a single dim candle providing light. I lifted myself from the side of the bed and rubbed the remaining drowsiness away from my face. A loud argument was going on outside of the room between lay and the guys and i gently opened the door and hid behind the frame as i listened for the reason of their argument.

 

" We all want that don't we!? But it's all up to her. She's either going to awaken her past life while giving up her own or, never even waking up. I'm sure kris rather see her walking and breathing rather than laying the bed like a brick! I've already done as much as i could but if skylar really cares about us she will need to learn how to fight and escape death. She's done it many times. What's stopping her this time?!" Lay's normal gentleness was completely crumbled as he was seen with desperation and hurt. His hair was a mess, and so were his clothes. The sleeves wrinkled up on one of the sides where the other was still technically still rolled up. He turned away from the person he was just yelling at and covered his face with hand and shook his head without the intention of stopping anytime soon.

 

 

" Since when did skylar jump into this timeline?" I suddenly demanded as i walked out although my intention was to stay strong, a shamefully weak voice called out however.

 

 

 

" Since she had the encounter with some of our alters. Way in the beginning." Xiumin informed softly as he placed a comforting hand on me and gave it a squeeze to reassure me that it was going to be alright. But with the given situation, i don't see how it was going to be alright. Any kind of liveliness left me and the weird feeling of someone ripping out a piece of me. I was nothing but an empty shell who could no longer feel or think. It was skylar who showed a fierce bravery and the one to go through hell the prince of fire gave her. If i had acted on my doubt, i should've and would've pulled skylar out of danger whether she liked it or not and she wouldn't be where she was now, barely hanging on, just as i was.. I sent a silent yet desperate call to skylar that no matter what, she had to fight on, she had to fight on for me, for us. Because i could not live another life without her in it. It was just too much to ask for. I passed on courage to her and used my last bit of strength to propel her forward to challenge the demons who were there welcoming her soul and not give in to them and go down with a good fight before returning to me.

 

 

  I'll be right here baby, i'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay right here and wait for you to come back to me.

 

 

 

  After my prayer, i made one last mental note to make sure chanyeol's alter paid for the damages he had caused. Be it friend or foe, if you dare to bring misfortune to those around me, then you had to pay. Absolutely no exceptions.