5

Two Legends

 

 

 

The sound of four pairs of shoes echoed off on the marble floor that was as hollow and empty as an abandoned mansion. The trio makes their way through the front main lobby and was heading towards the second floor of the building that kept some of the regular offices. Floor 3 and 4 were used as conference rooms  and floors 4-6 were all gym rooms.  Skylar's personal office was on the second highest level of the entire building and everything about that place was put together perfectly. The way the furniture were placed and the view you get to see was incredible.  It was a picture worthy landscape that showcased the entire downtown that was miniturized and the headlights gave off  the illusion of million little twinkles. The top floor belonged to the CEO and if skylar could avoid going in there, she swore to god she would. All in all, the company had over twelve floors. The interior design were all carefully planned out by the ceo's late husband and skylar's mom proudly claimed there to not be a second replica in existence but skylar had her doubts about that. The trio were waiting for the elevator at the moment and the awkward tension began to become unbearable and so, with a silent prayer to ease the awkwardness, skylar tried to start up a casual conversation.

 

" Hey, i never formally introduced you to my friends. Okay, this one right with the ridiculous amount of piercings and blonde hair here is tao." 

 

 

Tao threw a stupid peace sign her way while flashing one of his " killer " smiles at guan yi and she blinked a few times before looking down. Skylar being the fabulous tomboy that she was, rewarded them both with an exaggerated eyeroll. "This other one here is lay. She continued, " they are both chinese so if you want to say anything, they'll understand."  The introduction reversed where guan yi was introduced to the boys although everyone was 150% sure that they knew already. Once again, skylar saw how whenever tao looked at guan yi, she would avoid eye contact and seemed to be blushing heavily. Skylar was caught in the dilemma of judging  whether tao was a womanizer OR the fact guan yi was just that kind of a person but it made them both idiots and skylar fought back to urge to just lock them a room together. Tao looked at guan yi one last time and gave out an amused laugh. If this is what you called flirting, skylar had a serious despise of it. Tao, you need a high five.. skylar thought.

 

In the face.

 

 

With a shovel.

 

 

After a gruesome eternity,  the elevator finally opened and soon everyone settled in and as skylar saw lay reaching for one of the unapproriate button, she quickly slammed her hand onto one of the " correct " buttons that would eventually lead the trio to the leader's personal office. Lay threw skylar a confused look butshe threw a dirty look right back at him,  praying that he understood she was trying to imply something. But ofcourse, her efforts were in vain as the guy looked at her as if she were an alien. This guy.. does he not remember all the time where the old hag dragging us all into a room and gave us a lecture about how no outsiders should know about our real purpose for three hours straight!? AISH! DO YOU NEED A SHOVEL IN THE FACE TOO?!  A ding sounded to indicate the passengers were on their destinated floor. Tao was the first to walk out with lay following. Skylar came out with guan yi last making sure she was by her side at all times in case she wanders off by herself. Going into skylar's office, tao sat in a provided loveseat and skylar made guan yi sit across from him, and left them to themselves as she dragged lay out of the room with her with a pissed presense. 

 

" You better not say or do anything that could blow our identity or else i will personally fry you inside out got it?!"

 

 

" But i didn't even do anything!....."

 

 

 

" Forget it, go back to them, i'll go and get some drinks." He looked at skylar with feigned innocence and skylar punched his arm causing both to laugh before setting off to their individual business.

 

                                                                         


 

 

 

Skylar waits in a quietly dimmed lounge with the richly delicious atmosphere. It was soothing and relaxing, but skylar was far from being relaxed, she waited and reprocessed the earlier fight she had with the shadow follower and the sudden meeting with kirphis. There was also that mysterious girl that left skylar confused and dumbfounded. Skylar subconsciously frowns as she had a deja vu feeling that these encounters were not a first time thing. They were strangely familiar yes, but where did she see them before? Why couldn't she remember?......

 

 

" Miss lee? MISS LEE?? Your coffees are ready!" 

 

Oh . and that's how she snapped back into reality and muttered a quick thanks. As skylar about to grab her orders, her phone suddenly vibrated. She looked at the screen to see who was calling. It was that stupid airhead lay.

 

 

 " Is there a problem?"

 

 

" We have a visitor coming and i think it's necessary for you to return as soon as possible."

 

 

 

" I'm on my way."

 

 

A visitor? Since when did we get visitors? Skylar thought. This better be really important.. skylar snatched the coffee tray in one hand and broke into a run back to the company. When she arrived at the elevators, she gave a few too many aggressive pushes and as if the elevator was mocking her impatience, skylar cursed the stupid thing and flew up the stairs to save some time. She passed by people and mutually bowed their heads as a greeting before she broke into a run again. She finally reached the office where guan yi was at in no time and bursted through the door. As soon as skylar broke through the door, she saw everyone standing and staring at each other with a strange presence. Skylar also sense the tense atmosphere and took notice of an extra presence. A brief moment passed and every head in the room turned to look at the girl but the last pair of eyes that turned to face her shocked her. Just like earlier this morning at the cemetery, the two remained frozen and stared each other down without saying anything.  

 

 

" Umm, you guys all know each other?" Guan yi asked. 

 

 

 

" No."  Skylar snapped almost too quickly. 

 

 

 

" I think someone should explain everything to sky." Lay said while rubbing the side of his neck while the other hand was stuffed into his pockets. Skylar knew this gesture too well, lay would only do this when there was something she needed to know and most of the time, it didn't end up pretty. However, skylar's gaze never left kirphis's and vice versa. With a strong will, perhaps a childness one at that, skylar refused to lose the staring contest. 

 

 

" Start talking, i don't have all day." 

 

 

Well..... remember i told you how i had a younger brother that alot of girls chased everywhere he went right? Well... kris is the person i was talking about."

 

 

Suddenly everything made sense to skylar the more she thought about it. Guan yi coming here from korea, her dad owning some company in korea working with a counterpart here in the states. If she was not wrong then... 

 

 

" does your dad own a company in korea with a counterpart here in the states?" 

 

 

" Yes."

 

The now supposed " kris " stated matter of factly. A puzzle piece was put in it's rightful place and skylar quickly came to the conclusion that the two people standing in front of her was no other than the other half of her party's representatives. Skylar had mentally slapped herself as every piece of the puzzle began to fit to show the perfect picture. How could i have been so stupid? 

 

 

" Skylar, is there something you're not telling us?" Guan yi asked with those doeful eyes once again. 

 

 

 

" Technically speaking, you were hiding more than i was."  Skylar stated, matter-of-factly. She did have a point as she'd shown her ability to manipulate supernatural affinities to her advantage and for that, guan yi stayed silent. That's what i thought. Skylar began again by asking kris to show his left arm. He did as told, rolled up his sleeves and there it was, the prominent dragon. Just to make the point that the two were on the same page, skylar shook off her jacket and displayed a tattoo with lacy detailing going down her spine and curving inwards along her ribcage. Guan yi's gasp was loud and clear for everyone in the room to hear. Tao and lay also lifted their sleeves which had the similar concept with a hourglass and unicorn. Guan yi could not hold back any longer and showed her very own dragon that was close to her collar bone. Skylar looked between her teammates and then at the two dragon tattooed fellow counterparts. Tao was the first to break this tremendously difficult timing as everyone was frozen from intial shock and realization that this was the beginning of something big. They didn't what, but it was coming. 

 

 

 

 

" Guys, i think we just hit a jackpot."