10

Two Legends

 

 

   A woman's shrill scream followed by the sound of a table being smashed into the wall jolted me awake and i sprung out of bed. I walked a few steps trying to find my bedroom door whereupon seeing the odd interior structure that surrounded me gave the reminder that i wasn't where i was once. Another loud crash sounded and this time, my room shook with the violent force. I let out an annoyed sigh and strapped the same set of daggers i had the day before onto my thighs before tossing on the floor length royal blue dress that showed too much cleavage and tried my best to do my hair similar to the ones girls here fashioned but only to fail in the end. I gave up on the thought of a nice hairdo and let all of my hair loose. Once i made my way into the main hall, there was a large group of people circling around and i forced my way into the inner circle to see what the promotion was about. A group of men was gathering up on an elderly man who clutched onto a small bag and was about to be finished off with an awfully sharp blade. The most the old man could've done was stolen something he wasn't supposed to but it wasn't severe enough to the point of execution. These people were bat crazy! As the strong looking man tossed him to the other side of the room, making him land on a table only to collasp a mere second later,  i heard pain filled thoughts of not wanting to die and a faint memory of what seems to be his sickly daughter on the verge of dying.

 

 

" That disgusting scum deserves to die, how low of him to steal in broad daylight!" A random civilian cried.

 

 

" Yeah! serves him right!" Another one shouted behind me.

 

 

" Kill him! Kill him! Set the wheels of justice!" 

 

 

" If it were your parents that were dying, i'm sure you would things that are way more unspeakable of. Keep your mouth if you don't know anything." I said, making sure they felt my presence. They began shouting weird remarks that i could not make out but i figured out sooner or later that they were actually cursing me.

 

 

" Shut the up you disgusting peasants." I was beyond annoyed. And to add to my growing annoyance, i saw one of the person reached out and was about to slap me and i raised a challenging eyebrow and looked at her dangerously " try it, i dare you."  I released even more of my presence and that, was enough to cause both women to back away before completely disappearing from sight. But right before they were out of hearing, i yelled out. " Sincerely hoping for your family line to die out after you." They scoffed and was offended, but it was the least i could do for them. They were the most welcome. Remembering the old man, i concluded that the bag was filled with herbs to cure his daughter's sickness and just as the blade was coming in contact with the old man's flesh, i quietly snuck up from behind and chopped the neck of the sword owner with my hand causing him to drop. The man was out cold. Another came from nowhere and began charging at me while unsheathing a sword of his own. I zeroed in on him and flipped backwards to avoid his blade. Not wanting to cause further damage to the place, i rushed outside and ran through the streets bumping into civilians along the way. It surprised me so much to see so many familiar faces. Maybe i should give this whole reincarnation a second thought.

 

Turning back, i saw that a few more men joined in on the chasing game and i ran faster to put more distance between us. As i came to a dead end, i cursed while kicking the brick wall in front of me and thought of something to do quickly. 

 

 

" STOP!" i cried out, putting my hands out in front of me.

 

 

 " Oh, so you're finally giving up, should've done that earlier baby." One of them smirked at me. My face twisted in disgust but i kept myself calm. I would kill only if necessary.

 

 

 

 Who are you guys and why have you disturbed such a peaceful morning as today?" I asked, impressed with my way of words.

 

 

 

 

 

 " That is something a peasant like you need not to worry. Now, if you are obedient and listen to what we say, we won't hurt you and let you live. Or even better, become my mistress." The bastard was evidently lustful and that was just too much. That was it, my patience was running really low, really quickly. I couldn't take the lowly insult they had for me and out of rage, i summoned my telekinesis and it lifted the man into mid air, i also made sure to limit his intake of oxygen. 

 

 

" Don't test my patience." I warned darkly under my breath. " I don't know why this place is filled with damned idiots as yourself but you guys are really pushing it." The remaining soldiers unsheathed their swords and pointed them at me. I laughed at their stupidity. " All of you just piss me off sooooo bad." I said. My attitude was a facade of nonchalant emptiness. What i truly felt was a complete different story. I concentrated on the invisible rope that was around the man's neck and suddenly, the gagging sound intensified. 

 

 

" Guys! Drop your weapons, i'm loosing air, let's see what she wants from us and maybe we can negotiate. Drop your weapons."

 

 

 

" But general she-"

 

 

 

 

" NOW!"

 

 

 

The sound of weapons dropping to the floor was immediate although there was a slight pause of hesitation, but that did not stop me from smirking in triumpth at the nameless general. "An excellent decision, really." I remarked sarcastically and released the rope while i made sure he lands on all fours for having the guts to insult me earlier. He remained on the floor, one hand supporting his weight, the other around his neck as he tried to regulate his breathing pattern. His men kept a close eye on me, watching my every move. Scared that i might suddenly lash out. I started to circle around the general and began to interrogate him. 

 

 

 

" I will ask one more time." I began again, " who are you guys and why are you on a killing spree of a old man? " 

 

 

 

From the corner of my eye, i saw the general giving all sorts of silent instructions based on how his fingers moved and i knew instantly that it was a backup plan to escape my warpth. " General do you think i'm stupid enough to not know what you are trying to do?"  I asked innocently. " Listen well buddy, you may have combat skills but so do i. So if you keep telling your men to regroup and diverge from eastbound to west, i will make you all regret it." The general froze on the spot.

 

 

" He committed the single crime that all of malidon cannot accept and that is stealing."

 

 

 

" HE HAS A DYING DAUGHTER AND ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO KILL A MAN THAT JUST STOLE A FEW PLANTS THAT CAN POSSIBLY SAVE HER LIFE?" My anger pushed through.

 

 

 

" That is none of my concern, my job is to protect my kingdom of any harm and i will not be stopped trying to do just that."

 

 

 

 

" None of your concern? Protect your kingdom? Really? Are you ing kidding me right now? You're not worthy to protect this kingdom with that disgusting and uncontrollable lust of your's and it's about to become your business." With that, i grabbed a handful of his shirt and teleported us back to exactly where the old man was still trying to recover from all the recent trauma his body had to endure. The sight of him coughing up blood and seeing him in torn clothes made my heart twist in all sorts of weird yet painful ways possible. I looked at the nameless general and not once had i seen any kind of sympathy or guilt so i directed my energy into my fist before planting it into his stomach just as i had with the shadow follor. That one blow should be enough to return all the favor as he fell onto his knees once again holding his stomach in pain. He deserved it. I looked down on him in disgust but regained my posture to speak to the elderly man.

 

 

 

 

" Grandpa, this is really important so you need to listen to me, i need you to picture your house where your daughter is at okay?"

 

 

 

 

He looked at me in bewilderment and stuttered " h-how did you know about meiling?"

 

 

 

 

" Hurry! We don't have much time!" I said cutting him off rudely, he then obiedently followed orders and soon, i saw the image of a village floating around his memory and got ready to teleport there. I looped the grandpa's arm around mine to give him some support and was about to leave until i saw the general still on the floor holding onto his pathetic stomach. I crouched down and got hold of another handful of the thick solider clothing.

 

 

 

 

" Guess you're coming with us too, ."