Q & A

Little Do You Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hours pass quicker doing ’Happy Hours’ instead of being the person on duty: it became sure for Shinkyung after two hours. Since neither Leeteuk nor Eunjin entrusted her with paperwork – it was still a task which she was not ready for – all she did was trying to figure out some kind of matchmaking move with the ’help’ of Kyuhyun but she was surely freaked out since the said boy was everything but useful.


„You really have no idea about what to do with them?”


„I’m a guy. I know nothing about stuff like this.” Unlike her, he wasn’t bothered by the fact.


„But you’re Donghae oppa’s friend.” She pointed out. „You know what he likes to do and what not, what is boring to him and what isn’t… You know his dating style.”


Kyuhyun looked at her meaningfully.


„He’s the type of guy who likes to have first dates in parks.”


Shinkyung got stuck for a moment at his straightforwardness. She’s never known him well but regarding to his behavior she has seen from him he seemed to be quite an honest and cruel person. It could really be a date? Donghae’s never said that I’m the girl he likes… It just doesn’t make sense!


„For my part that’s not how first dates should be arranged.” She answered after a few moments of wandering. „And as much as I know Donghae oppa, I’m sure he thinks the same.”


„So you’re at his side already.”


Hearing the scoff Shinkyung massaged her temples in frustration.


„I’m not taking sides, I… Oh my, why are you so bitter about him? You’re supposed to be his friend.”


„That’s why I’m bitter. Because unlike you do I know him.”


There was something suggestive in his words but Shinkyung couldn’t understand them. The only thing she understood was the fact that he’s secretive in front of her and even so they weren’t close enough to share secrets, it disturbed her more than she thought it would do.


„You know him? Then say something useful.”


„Lee Donghae sees a pair of nice legs and completely loses his mind. If you want Miyeon’s feelings to be reciprocated, you won’t go… Is this information useful enough?”


Shinkyung felt her anger rise. She tried to keep in mind that they’ve made truce but she had enough with the crap he was talking. He doubts me not considering that he agreed to respect me as a partner then badmouths his friend… He really has no limits, doesn’t he?


„Look, are you sure you want this plan succeed?” She uttered the words with clenched jaw. „Because you look more like you’d be up to make everybody unhappy. If you keep doing this I will –„


„Noona, are you there?”


Shinkyung sent an angry look to the guy besides her indicating that their conversation doesn’t stop here and pushed a button to be able to speak to the other one in the studio.


„Yes, I am. Do you need something, Sungmin-a?”


„I’ve just started to play a song. Can I go out to eat something?”


Sungmin’s suppliant voice from the speakers dispersed every angers of her and instead of them a big smile plastered on her face. He takes this work even more seriously than me. Cute!


„Come quickly! There’s some ddeokbokki in the fridge.”


„You’re a noona, huh?” Kyuhyun’s somewhat nice tone surprised Shinkyung a bit.


„Y-Yeah… But only for Sungmin.” She said arranging the papers on the table. They were fully organized already but she just wasn’t able to look at the guy beside her. Not when she had to experience something rare – Cho Kyuhyun not being mean to her.


However she didn’t get enough time to get used to it since Sungmin stepped out from the studio with the speed of lightning and went over to the fridge. Seeing him eating Shinkyung couldn’t help but chuckle: the bliss in his eyes was noticeable.


„If you were this hungry, you should have come out earlier.”


„I thought I can be without something to eat until the broadcast finishes.” He said between two bites. „I didn’t want to cause problems.”


„You can’t cause problems, especially not with eating. If next time you’re hungry again, don’t hesitate a bit and come out instantly to get something, okay? I bet Eunjin unnie understands it as well.”


He nodded and Shinkyung patted his head with a motherly smile. My first impression of him was right. He’s a really nice guy. I’m sure he’s just as good as a friend as… as Miyeon. Even if it was a good comparison, she felt uncomfortable about it. She doesn’t know why though.


Finishing eating Sungmin became able to realize the circumstances – seeing Kyuhyun his eyes widened.


„Hyung, you haven’t left?”


„No, I have a project to work on with Shinkyung-ssi.” He answered calmly.


„Project?”


„School project.”


Shinkyung couldn’t believe that she was the one who said it. School project, really? Oh my, it sounds so ambiguously… It ghostly reminded her of Seowon and Eunhyuk’s excuse.


Sungmin could have thought the same because a smirk appeared on his face.


„Ah, I’ve got it. Then I just go back to work, okay? I don’t want to disturb you.”


„Ya, Sungmin –„


But even if his hyung wanted to say something to him, the said guy was already on air. Kyuhyun turned to Shinkyung with a killer look.


„You were the one who came up with the project-thing.” She defended herself even before he could have said something. „Let’s talk about the plan instead.”


Changing back to the topic did no good to the lightly good mood. Shinkyung almost felt how the room got darkened mentioning the thing which they argued about. But that’s why here, isn’t it? That’s why the truce has made.


„You shouldn’t go.” He broke the uncomfortable silence after a while. „For the better.”


Shinkyung sighed and leaned against the surface of the table.


„It’d be rude if I didn’t show up. I’m his friend after all, right?”


„Right.” Kyuhyun’s voice was silent. „Just keep in mind what I’ve said, okay?”


„I know what I’m doing.”


„Well, I hope so.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

„You already go?”


„Yes, I’ve decided to walk so I should start off earlier.”


It was already half past four in the afternoon. Happy Hour ended well even if Sungmin was the host - just as Shinkyung thought. The only task to do for the day was the meeting with Donghae.


„I can take you.”


„It’s okay, I need some fresh air.” Shinkyung said putting her sneakers on and stood up.


„Shinkyung-a.” Mr. Kang called slowly looking up from the thick book he was reading. He looked funny in his polka dotted reading glasses so she had to fight off the urge to laugh.


„Yes?”


„Are you sure you want to go out like this? If I were that guy I would be happier if you were wearing something prettier.”


Shinkyung raised an e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter