Weird Actions

Little Do You Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„Good morning, everybody! How was your weekend? I hope everyone had fun at our welcoming party on Saturday and I also hope that I’m gonna meet with your song requests in the afternoon at ’Happy Hours.’ … Oh, you’ve forgotten about it? It’s okay, you can still throw the title of your song with a little message until noon into our box in front of the studio if you wanna hear it today. In case you haven’t woken up already, we’ll play you an energetic song from our nation’s girl group Girl’s Generation called ’Gee’. Have a nice day!”


Sungmin was clapping as she put the headphones off.


„Now I understand why they sing odes about you.”


„You overdrew it. I bet you’re gonna do it better than me.”


It was Monday, first day of the week and Sungmin’s first day at the radio. The morning check-in was given to Shinkyung but at noon he will make his very first one.


„You haven’t heard me yet.”


„So what?” She stood up and patted his shoulder. „My divinations are pretty good, you know. And they are saying that this guy will succeed.”


Even though they’ve known each other for a few days, Shinkyung had a good impression of him. He has a good personality, his voice tone is good… If there’ll be a problem it won’t be because of him.


Sungmin looked thankful.


„Thanks, noona.”


„N-noona?”


Shinkyung didn’t know how to react. We were born in the same year, weren’t we?


„I know that we’re in the same year but considering that you’re so much better at being radio host, I respect you and wants to learn from you.” He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. „At first I wanted to call you sunbae but I don’t want you to feel yourself aged.”


Shinkyung’s heart clenched. Omo, he’s so cute… But calling me a noona is a bit much.


„You can call me Shinkyung-a. I’ve only debuted a few days before you.”


„I insist.” He winked.


She sighed.


„Alright but just because you were so kind that took Miyeon home on Saturday. Thank you.”


The party ended around 2 a.m and even though Shinkyung and Miyeon swore that they feel their legs and can walk home, the guys didn’t let them saying *Seoul is dangerous at night* (quote from Leeteuk) and *Seowon-a will be more dangerous if something happens to you* (quote from Donghae). The problem was that only Kyuhyun came by car and excluded him there were four more places inside which would have caused somebody being left behind. Fortunately Sungmin had his motorbike with him and since Miyeon’s been a fan of motorbikes (another round of news for Shinkyung) everybody arrived home safely.


„It was nothing.” He said blushingly. „I just wanted Miyeon-a to get home safely like you.”


You wanted probably a little bit more, Shinkyung thought smirking secretly. She didn’t intend to make fun out of him, she just found it cute how he cared about her friend.


„Now I have to go class but in lunch break I’ll be listening. So do your best, okay?” She said encouragingly.


„I will, noona.” Sungmin put his thumb up.


Shinkyung left the studio to go to her homeroom. Such a waste that for Miyeon he’s only a friend, she thought bitterly. She knew that they haven’t known each other long so after some time Miyeon’s feelings can change but still her heart hurt for him a bit. Even perfect girls have a heart, don’t they?

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The day went smoothly like always since she’s never had problems with school. The biology test was easy and some of her classmates came to congratulate to her hosting. Everything is as perfect as it has always been, Shinkyung thought calmly as she made her way to the cafeteria.


She was about to take a left turn but being too happy with the state of things she carelessly bumped into somebody who came from the other way of the corridor.


„Oh, sorry, I wasn’t looking.”


„I noticed.”


Unfortunately Shinkyung knew the owner of the voice well.


„Kyuhyun-ssi, please stay out of my way.” She said in a stern voice not even looking into the guy’s eyes in front of him.


Even though their group of friends’s been the same, at the party they could avoid each other succesfully and even in the car going home had no bickering between them.


But all of these didn’t mean that Shinkyung could have started to like him. He’s still a cold jerk. Nothing less, nothing more. *You have prejudices, Shinkyung-a.* She heard Donghae’s voice in her mind but ignored it at a glance. Even if I have, I’m not willing to know how he actually is unless he’s not trying to act a bit nicer to me.


„You’re going to the cafeteria, aren’t you?” He asked while blocking her way.


Shinkyung started to get angry. Is he deaf or what?


„ I said –”


„I heard what you said but since I won’t do as you say, let’s skip it. So are you going there or not?”


She was speechless for a moment. H-how is he dare to speak to me like this? But she didn’t have time to make a scene (she was eager to hear Sungmin’s check-in and the best stereos were in the cafeteria) so gritted her teeth to answer as normally as she is able to.


„It’s lunch break. Where else would I go?”


Okay, it didn’t turn out to be as nice as she thought it will be but still was better than her original version. (How dare you, jerk? Leave me alone!)


Kyuhyun smirked.


„Right. Let’s go together, okay?”


„Huh?”


Shinkyung was more confused than ever. Something is wrong with him I mean… Let’s go together? Is today a reverse speaking day or what? But before she could have asked for an explanation Kyuhyun was ahead of her.


„If you don’t move, you’ll miss Sungmin-a’s check in.”


So at the end - for the first time since enemies exist - Kang Shinkyung and Cho Kyuhyun went together to the cafeteria.


Shinkyung glanced at him suspiciously while walking. Something definately is not right. He avoids me just as much as I do avoid him, it’s unnatural that he’s willing to go together somewhere. She wondered what his purpose is.


Kyuhyun noticed her gaze.


„Is something wrong?”


„Yes!” She cried out. „Don’t say that for you walking with me is a normal and everyday thing!”


„It’s really not an everyday thing but I don’t see why this isn’t normal.” He said with his hands in his pockets. „Our friends are the same after all.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter