Radio Girl

Little Do You Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shinkyung took a deep breath and sat behind the table. She’s been the living example of perfection, she’s never made mistakes and has had a very good reputation. It took years to build all of these up but she still can lose it at a glance. So even it’s her very first day, she knew she can’t screw it up.


„Put your headphones on, Shinkyung-a. It’s your turn.”


She nodded to Leeteuk and swallowed to overcome her nervousness. You can do it, girl, there’s nothing to be afraid of. You’re born to do this. It’s time to live with it!


 

She was waiting until the light had turned to red and then started to speak:


„Good morning, everyone! It’s 1st of September and even the time of tests has come, the time of new friendships, pranks and relationships too. So don’t be too sad about that we have to be in school again, think about the last sweet and funny memories of summer and listen to the Simple Plan’s hit ‘Summer Paradise’ which was made with Sean Paul before we come back with the news at half past ten. I’m your new radio host Kang Shinkyung. I bet that we’ll have fun together but I don’t mind if you make it sure! Have a good first day, guys!”


 

The light went out, the song had started. Leeteuk patted her shoulder.


„Good job!”


„Thanks.” She showed a smile. „It was easier than I thought.”


Leeteuk, the head of the school radio, smiled too.


„I have no idea why I was worried when we gave you this task. You’re good as always.”


„I’m just doing my job.” She stood up. „So I have to come back in twenty minutes, right?”


„Yes. Don’t be late!”


„I’m never late.”


„Sorry, wrong person.”


Both of them chuckled then Shinkyoung made her way down to the cafeteria in a hurry. She was so nervous that forgot to have breakfast at home and twenty minutes are not very much if you take into account how many people are there always.


 

At the entrance she bumped into her friends so immediately slowed down.


„Why are you here? I thought you’re reserving our table.”


„Don’t be silly!” Seowon pinched her arm and winked. „Of course we weren’t sitting alone when our girl made her debut as the school radio’s new host!”


„You’ve heard it?”


„Of course!” Miyeon smiled at her kindly. „You were awesome, Shinkyung.”


 

The new host almost melted at their words. Even she knew that her first speech was quite good, hearing it from someone else mouth was so much better! And because these people were her friends, it can’t be a lie so…


„Group hug!”


The friends had no time to runaway, Shinkyung hugged them tightly. Some people thought that she’s cold-hearted and insensitive because of her abilities but she was very affectionate and good-tempered under the surface especially when it came to her beloveds.


„You’re the best friends in the entire universe!”


„Ya idiot, we’re suffocating!”


„I don’t care, I’m happy nooow~ „ She was singing as an answer to Seowon but instantly stopped as heard a voice behind her.


„Can I join to the happy brigade?”


Seowon slipped out of her arms and ran to the arriving person.


„Honey, where have you been? You’ve missed Shinkyung’s brilliant check-in!”


„Easy, honey, I’ve heard everything.” Eunhyuk turned his gaze away from Seowon to give Shinkyung one of his famous gummy smiles. „You really were brilliant, Shinkyung-a.”


 

She just smiled back. They haven’t known each other too long, he and Seowon have been dating for only two months. (Actually she was the one who brought them together. After that could add to her abilites ‘matchmaker’ too.) And even if she didn’t hate him, she still had to get used to him and his extraordinary personality.


„Donghae oppa didn’t come with you?” Miyeon was looking around in the corridor. „I thought we eat together.”


„He’s on his way just had to stop somewhere. Am I not enough?”


Here goes that personality…


„You’re only hers, remember?” Shinkyung shook her head. „Gosh, I can’t believe that you couldn’t have changed.”


„If something’s perfect, why should have it changed?”


„True saying.”


„Kyuhyun oppa!”


 

While Miyeon was cheering about Eunhyuk’s friend, Shinkyung clenched her fists. Sometimes Seowon’s boyfriend was far too much but this guy… He was just unbearable – always looked at her like she was some kind of E.T. and made stupid, annoying comments on her. And on the top of it, for no reason. She never made anything to him. If someone’s jerk, there’s nothing to do about it, Shinkyung let it go with this but the urge to shout his head off was still there.


„What do you think about our girl’s performance?” Seowon asked. „Isn’t she perfect as always?”


„What did she do this morning?”


Like she would have done some crime… For her it wasn’t a big surprise that he haven’t listened but Eunhyuk facepalmed himself.


„Are you really this idiot, Cho?”


„It was her first check-in as school radio host, oppa.” Miyeon explained quickly.


„Really?”


„You truly have no idea about friendship.” Seow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter