Heart-to-Heart Round 2

Little Do You Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„What would you like to drink?” Miyeon asked as she happily poured a drink for herself. „Will cola be good?”


„Yes.”


Shinkyung was so nervous about how to start the topic that even she didn’t hear the question, answered it with yes. Oh my, what to do? How to do it? I’m not good at heart-to-heart or more like I don’t have much experience at it. She tried to remember how she spoke with Seowon last summer before her date with Eunhyuk. After all, they ended up together, anything she did, she did it well…


„Here it is… Shinkyung-a, are you okay? You’re look nervous.”


„I am nervous.” She let out a big sigh. „I mean… about the party. It’s been a long time since I’ve been at an unofficial one.”


„On my first partying with Seowon, I was incredibly frustrated as well. I have no idea how should I have felt myself good… But they gave me a good advice.” Miyeon smiled and handed her the drink. „Let yourself go and go with the flow.”


Shinkyung coughed and plucked up her courage. Let yourself go and go with the flow…


„What do you think about him, Miyeon-a?”


„About who? Sungmin?” She was eyeing with the snacks being a big fan of sweet custard bread.


No, not exactly… Argh, why am I not able to get to the point? But this topic wasn’t bad either so she decided to continue it.


„How do you know him? Why haven’t I met him?


Miyeon grinned.


„One question at a time, please.”


Shinykung rolled her eyes and lightly tossed her friend.


„Just answer.”


„He arrived last week and couldn’t find his homeroom so I helped him.” She finally reunited with her breads so was smiling like a champion. „Since then we met about… three times? We’re the same age. I think I like him.”


The look on Shinkyung’s face could have been pretty expressive because when Miyeon realized it, she immediately continued.


„Not in the way you think.”


„I didn’t think about anything.”


„Kyungie, please.” She giggled. „Your face literally shouted. They say Eunhyuk oppa is the king of grimace but seeing you I doubt it.”


„So you don’t like him?”


Shinkyung haven’t had the chance yet to get to know Sungmin better but he looked okay. He’s pretty, his smile is honest and it’s easy to see that he likes Miyeon. The way he listened to her said it all. Donghae or Sungmin… as for me both of them is okay.


„No romantic feelings involved.” Her friend answered munching on a piece of bread. „He’s a nice guy but feels more like a friend to me even though I’ve only known him for a week.”


„I see.” Shinkyung nodded then looked into her eyes. „And there’s nobody who you have romantic feelings for?”


Miyeon stopped eating and her eyes widened. Her cheeks got a faint pinkish color despite of the amount of foundation. These were undeniable signs for Shinkyung. She has. I knew it!


„Why do you ask something like this out of blue, Shinkyung-a?” She asked and continued eating like nothing would have happened.


„I’ve planned to ask it for a long time now. A lot of guys ask you out but you always say no… Is it because you have somebody in mind?”


„Party service has arrived!”


Like an omen, Lee Donghae pressed himself across the gathering people – since the party was about to begin, the sport hall was almost full so it wasn’t easy.


Shinkyung instantly glanced at Miyeon to see her reaction. Although he broke my chance to hear it from herself, gave another. She knew well that judging from reactions and body language isn’t one hundred percent accurate – she once read a good book about it – but still they said more than nothing.


And Miyeon’s movements (she quickly put a strand of hair behind her ear, lowered her gaze and gulped a big) said that she’s happy yet nervous at the same time. I’m nothing compared to Sherlock Holmes but as I see it, she has romantic feelings for somebody and it’s Lee Donghae…


Suddenly the feeling which she thought she succesfully quenched got strength again. Oh my, why now? Focus, Shinkyung, focus.


„Hi girls!” The said guy got to them after all and put on a big smile.


„Hi, oppa.” Miyeon’s smile wasn’t as happy as always but Shinkyung was too busy with controlling herself so she didn’t notice a thing.


Whenever Donghae appears, my stomach somersaults. It doesn’t mean any good. Now that it’s clear that Miyeon has feelings for him, I have one more reason why I have to get rid of this as quickly as possible.


She accidently met eyes with Donghae and it got even stronger. Shoot!


„Good to see you at a party, Shin-a.”


Why is gazing at me like this? Noticing her friend’s panic-mode Miyeon reacted instead of her.


„Sometimes even she has to go outside… Maybe it’s her first time after a long time but I make sure tonight that it’s not the last we see her.”


Shinkyung had other thoughts. It’s DEFINATELY the last time I showed up on a party. It doesn’t even start but I’m out of my mind already. Oh my… I’m too panicked to think. I have to have time to calm down.


„Excuse me, guys, I have to go to the restroom.”


„But the party begins.”


Donghae was right. Leeteuk was standing by the microphone to make his welcome speech.


„I’ll be back in a minute!” Or two… or three…


„Do you want me to accompany you?” Miyeon asked in a concerned voice.


„Thanks but I’ll be fine.”




 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




 

Shinkyung washed her hands and neck with cold water. She would have done her face too but since Miyeon was working on it for ages she didn’t want to ruin her work. Seeing it, it would be such a shame. She dried her hands with paper towels and leaned his back against the wall. Shinkyung knew that at least five minutes passed since she got out of the sport hall but still she didn’t feel herself ready… after all it’s been such a long time since she felt something like this.


In seventh grade there was a guy who always helped her carrying her bag, learned with her together in the library and walked her home afterwards. He was athletic and sweet, half of the girls in her class had a crush on him. Shinkyung liked him too but… she was the same like now. She concentrated on learning and didn’t let herself immerse in the feeling which made her feel warm and happy. She didn’t know what to do just like now. At the end they moved and she’s never seen him since then.


Shinkyung had to smile calling up the past. Siwon was a really nice guy. Actually too nice for me, he deserves a way better girl… I hope he found her since then.


She remembered back for help but she had to realize that it’s not the same as five years ago. I can’t just move to get rid of this, it’s way more complicated since Miyeon is in the picture as well.


Knowing that people will start to look for her if she stays more Shinkyung went back to the sport hall with a heavy heart. But at least she wasn’t nervous. I just have to do like always, haven’t I? Chatting with friends, concentrati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter