For the Plan

Little Do You Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next morning came quickly and happily. Somehow Shinkyung managed to go to bed early despite of getting home later than usual and even her sleep was relaxing and free from stupid dreams.


She knew that one of the reasons why it happened this way is the truce she made yesterday with Kyuhyun. I’d never thought about it but now that we’re not enemies for a while I actually feel better. It’s good to know that I won’t get a mean look or comment everyday from now on and I’m sure the others will be happy too that we won’t fight anymore.


Before classes she went to the studio of the radio like usual. She was welcomed by Leeteuk’s smile as she stepped in.


„Good morning, Leadernim!”


„Good morning, Shinkyung-a. How you’re doing?”


He was a school-leaver. Lately he had more important things than the radio so they rarely met but Shinkyung wasn’t mad for it. Getting into a good university is above everything else.


„I’m fine, thanks. And you? You look tired.”


„I’m fine as well. Don’t worry about me.” Leeteuk answered while putting away some papers. They aroused her interest.


„Shall I help you? I still have some time before classes start.”


„I can manage it, thank you… Oh, I almost forgot. I have good news for you.”


Shinkyung brigthened up.


„Really?”


„Responses related to ’Happy Hours’ are pretty good.” The leader patted her shoulder with a proud smile. „You’re doing it even better than we had imagined it.”


„It all thanks to you. If you don’t believe in me I wouldn’t have been able to do this work well.”


Leeteuk chuckled.


„You’re too shy compared to your abilites, dongsaeng-a. No wonder why Sungmin-a is jealous of you.”


Shinkyung sighed in despair.


„I don’t understand. He’s really good, he has no reason to be jealous!”


„Easy, maybe he is but in a positive way.” Leeteuk explained. „He looks upon you, he wants to be like you. I’m glad he found such a good exemplar.


Shinkyung’s heart clenched. She felt that his words are sincere and he’s not joking or jeering but still she felt uneasy hearing them. I’m not a good exemplar at all. If he just knew a little part of the past, he’d know I’m far from being a good but more closer to be a bad one.


„I’ve told him already that he doesn’t need to admire me so much. After all we debuted a few days apart.” She said. „I’m sure he’ll be even better than I could ever be if we give him the chance.”


Just as she said it out a good idea popped into her mind.


„Why don’t you give him ’Happy Hours’?”


Leeteuk looked up behind another bunch of papers with a puzzled expression.


„You’re doing well with the programme, Shinkyung-a. Why would we take it away from you?”


„You don’t need to take it away from me… But there’s four afternoon in the week which has ’Happy Hours’, Leadernim. I could do two and Sungmin-ssi two as well. It’ll be equal.”


She loved doing the programme but she was able to give a little part from it to such a good guy and promising host as Sungmin is.


Leeteuk slowly nodded.


„It sounds fair, I’ll discuss it with Eunjin-ssi. If she says yes than it’s okay.”


„She will say yes.” Shinkyung made her way towards the door.


„Why are you so sure? She’s quite hard-headed.”


„I just know it. See you later, Leadernim!”


Maybe she is but not when it comes to such a good-looking guy like Sungmin, she thought and closed the door of the studio behind her.


When she arrived to the homeroom, Seowon and Miyeon were already there sitting at their desks.


„Here you are, girl!” Seowon was in shape like always. „You began your day at the studio, right?”


„I had to drop by.”


Miyeon was reading her textbook but hearing her friend’s voice she looked up with a smile.


„Good morning, Shinkyung-a.”


„Good morning, Miyeonnie.” She tried to look nonchalant but after happenings of yesterday it was a hard thing to do.


„Did you like my message?”


„I told her you probably won’t like it but she wasn’t listening to me.” Seowon butted in smiling awkwardly. „Don’t be too mad, okay?”


Shinkyung was startled.


„Why would I be mad about it?”


„Well, it’s your work. I’d understand if you were disturbed by it.” Miyeon explained with a meek smile. „But it wasn’t my intention, I just wanted you to feel how much I appreciate you as a friend.”


Shinkyung looked down with a wrong feeling. She hardly ever met them outside school because she didn’t want them to be involved too much. Until now I thought it’s a good thing. How could it be that I just hurt them more this way?


„I was a bit surprised but I was happy.” She answered a few moments later cheerfully. „It was a very touching message. I don’t know how I should pay it back.”


Seowon and Miyeon exchanged glances.


„Are you okay, girl?”


„K-Kyungie, you don’t have to pay it back, it was nothing.”


The bell rang and the first lesson has started. Shinkyung opened her textbook and took out a pen.


No, Miyeonnie, it was everything… but don’t worry, I found a way. I found a way to pay you back.
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Helping Sungmin turned out to be more beneficial than Shinkyung thought. She wanted to help him for helping him, she didn’t have other thoughts but when the news got delivered she discovered another advantage of it.


„I ran into Sungmin in the corridor.” Miyeon came to her after lunch. „He said he’ll be the host of today’s ’Happy Hour’ and you’ll be the person on duty. Is this right? What happened?”


„I’ve talked with Leadernim about giving him a chance.” She explained. „Both of us will host it. I didn’t lose my job, don’t be afraid!”


I didn’t want to inviligate over Sungmin but where else could I dream up the details of the matchmaking plan without getting caught? Though she was a bit afraid of being alone with Kyuhyun - since she succesfully survived last time - she convinced herself to not backing away and w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter