Truce

Little Do You Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If somebody would have said that Cho Kyuhyun voluntarily goes to Kang Shinkyung in order to have a talk with her, they would be ridiculed for sure. It wasn’t a secret in Sukjong High School that Perfect Girl from Year 2 and Cold Guy from Year 3 - regardless their friends - avoid each other as possible. Nobody has known the exact reason but it was clear that these two are not able to interact each other. It was one of Sukjong’s incomprehensible facts.


So when Kyuhyun showed up comfortably like it’ll be nothing particular the Shinkyung became speechless for a moment. What… he…


„You look like you’d have seen a ghost.” He said sitting back with a smirk.


The fact that he was visiting her was predictible - during lunch he was looking at her like he would has something to say and when he could find a better opportunity speaking in two than visiting her during ’Happy Hours’. Last time Eunjin easily let Donghae in, why would has she sent Kyuhyun away? She’s lost when it comes to a guy. And he wasn’t just the guy but Cho Kyuhyun who fourth of the girl population of the school went crazy for. (Shinkyung wasn’t part of it of course.)


So considering all of these, she shouldn’t have been surprised. Even so she didn’t dare to look at him and spoke to the wall at the other end of the studio instead.


„You have nothing to do here. Please, go.”


„I’ve just said I have something to talk with you about.” He pointed out playing being puzzled but from the corner of her eyes Shinkyung saw well his forming smirk. He probably thinks it’s a good game disturbing me during work. What a jerk!


„I’m working.” She tried again.


„I can wait.”


Shinkyung was about to yell out loud in anger when suddenly she realized the previous song ended. She quickly put her headphones on and rolled out the next message with the song to be played.


„T-that was ’Gone Not Around Any Longer’ by Sistar 19, as our listener Choi Kanghee-ssi requested it.”


She pressed a button and cleared . Kyuhyun on the other side hadn’t said a word but still she felt his look in her back and it was quite worrisome even though she knew she should be professional. Yeah, an unpleasant person is here but it doesn’t mean a thing. It’s my work. I can’t let anything distract me. She took a deep breath and continued.


„Do you see? It’s this easy. You just send in a message and we play it. Let’s hope Kanghee-ssi and Jinhyuk-ssi can make up in no time. Let’s see what’s next! … The sender is Yang Miyeon-ssi from Year 2 as well –„


Wait, what? She read it again to make it sure buti t was really her friend. So that’s why she was asking about the programme. She sent in a message!


„I’d like to send this song the a girl who I can always count on, probably couldn’t be happy without and who now is a host at the school radio.” Shinkyung read the message out loud with a gentle smile on her face. Miyeonnie, you fool. „I know you’re good at English you’re probably the best at it from the people around me so listen to it, Kyungie. You might be thinking now what’s the reason for this message but please don’t be. I don’t need a particular reason. I’m just glad we’re frieds. That’s my way of saying thank you for it.”


Not being able to say a word because of being touched she just played the song. When she heard the first line, she felt the urge to cry.


If you ever find yourself
Stuck in the middle of the sea
I’ll sail the world to find you…
(Bruno Mars: Count On Me)


In her whole entire life she’s always tried to be good to everybody and yet she’s never felt satisfied with her moves. Even when she got such a dear message from Miyeon as an evidence, Shinkyung felt guilty for not being a better friend. She’s too good. When will I ever be able to pay this back?


A sudden tap on her shoulder prevent from sobbing.


„Ya you’re not crying, are you?”


When Shinkyung looked up, her eyes met Kyuhyun’s. Oh my, I’ve totally forgotten about his presence. He can’t see me cry, I have a strong image! She wiped away her forming tears and took a deep breath.


„Are you sure you want to talk with me now? I’m not in the mood... and as I’ve said it earlier I have to work here.”


Kyuhyun took away his hand feeling the cold behaviur.


„This act just made sure we have to talk. Go on, I have plenty of time.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Excluded Miyeon’s surprising and kind message, ’Happy Hours’ passed away succesfully and professionally. After Kyuhyun’s vague reference Shinkyung had to bear him until the programme ended. She just couldn’t send him away when it looked like it’s an important matter. Not to mention that he wasn’t willing to go away anyways… Since the school closed, they – notedly Kyuhyun – proposed to go to the café nearby.


Shinkyung was more nervous than ever. She’s never been in two with him excluded that time once when they were the first ones who went down to the cafeteria to eat and they had to wait for the others. I don’t know what to expect from him that’s why I’m afraid.


„Would you like to drink something?” Kyuhyun said flipping through the pages of the menu.


„N-no… Thanks.”


He sighed.


„Your throat must be dry from speaking for hours, order something refreshing. It’s up to me. I didn’t come to eat you up, okay?”


She’s always thought Cho Kyuhyun is the scariest when he’s cold but she was wrong – he was even scarier when he tried to be nice. It’s surprising that he is able to be nice. She remembered how he smiled at Miyeon at the party. Okay, it’s surprising that he’s able to be nice with me.


At the end she knuckled under and got herself some green tea. Kyuhyun ordered the same. After taking a sip of it, Shinkyung instantly felt better enough to get his answers.


„What would you like to talk about?”


„You’re willing to listen to me?” Kyuhyun asked being amazed. „Green tea is good for you.”


„Seeing how desperate you’re trying to get close enough to have a talk I can’t help but be willing.”


„I wasn’t that desperate.”


Shinkyung rolled her eyes.


„You insisted to walk together as a friendly gesture. You thought it’ll be totally normal for me and I don’t smell anything fishy? Please.”


„You’re smarter than I thought.” Kyuhyun murmured and put his cup down. „But not smart enough.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter