Duty as a Friend

Little Do You Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last school day of the week finally came.

Shinkyung sat down with her lunch in enjoyment. She had two lessons ahead in the afternoon but after that she has a chance to go home because her radio programme ’Happy Hour’ isn’t on on Friday. She got a few plus hours to the weekend – such a good news!


„I just can’t get you. You should be sad about it.” Eunhyuk shook his head and gave to Seowon another bite. „You did everything for this position like leaflets, free food… You literally threw a campaign for it.”


„We have biology test next week.” His girlfriend explained giving him a bite of meat too. „She wants to learn.”


They always eat like a lovey-dovey couple – one bite to him by her, one bite to her by him. At first Shinkyung found it irritating but… Okay, it’s still irritating a bit. But how could I be mad when I see them so happy?


„Learning, always learning… Do you have any other entertainment at all?”


„Yes, I do… Right, Miyeon? I do other things too.”


But her friend just beamed at her with an apologetically look.


 

„I think Eunhyuk oppa is right. You should go out sometimes with us. It doesn’t as bad as you think.”


„Miyeonnie, you too!”


Shinkyung tried to protect herself but it seemed that everybody was against her in this topic.


„Why don’t you come with us to that new club?’ Seowon asked heatedly. ’They say it’s very fresh and special.”


„Aren’t clubs for majors?”


„I’d like to see you dance!” Eunhyuk begged with puppy eyes ignoring every protest of her completely.


„I’m going too. We’ll have fun.” Miyeon added with a glowing smile. She wasn’t a party animal at all just like her but lately she went with Seowon and had more going out experience than her.


Shinkyung rarely went to clubs or parties. She has always had many things to do like learning, preparing to different competitions, helping her father and the kids so when she had some freetime just slept, visited a gallery or watched a foreign movie alone. Meeting friends outside school only happened once in a while. And it’s good just the way it is, I have a very good reason for it which I can’t let them know.


She was confused how to escape from responsing but in the last moment she found the perfect excuse.


„I have another party to attend.”


„Party? What kind of party?” Seowon looked suspicious. She was always hard to deceive.


„You know, the party which is organized by the school radio on Saturday. I didn’t want to go but Leeteuk-ssi insist on having me there so I have no other choice but appearing.”


The more she thought it through, the more it seemed to be a good idea. I’ll have some bonding time with my radio mates and none of them will have a reason to nudge me about not going out in the weekend… Wow, it’s such a good solution! How couldn’t I think about it earlier?


„Hello there.”


Donghae put his tray to the table and sat beside Miyeon. Shinkyung started to concentrate to her food instantly. There’s just who I needed… It was awkward enough yesterday.


Yesterday was the day when the first time since she’s known him, she had that strong feeling to do inappropiate thing with him and it was worrisome… even though a little bit exciting at the same time. But preferably worrisome! She’d promised herself that she’s never gonna be in love. But how she’s gonna keep this promise if they’re always around each other?


„How was your day, oppa?” Miyeon asked him happily.


„Tolerable. It could have been better if we haven’t written a test but we’re students so there’s nothing to do about it.” Donghae looked at the couple and chuckled. „What are you two doing?”


Seowon and Eunhyuk had finished the meat so started to feed each other with the pudding but it was harder because the bite always slid down from the spoon. Therefore they looked like two clowns who performed cake throwing in a circus.


„It’s what people call love.” The girlfriend said as she wipped off a stain from Eunhyuk’s face.


„Eating like babies is love?” Donghae raised his eyebrows with a faint smile. Miyeon on his side giggled in agreement.


„You never try, you’ll never know.” The boyfriend said and looked at Seowon with love. „Come here, you baby!”


Shinkyung couldn’t help but smile at the view of them. She insisted on keeping her promise until the end but there were times when she wished she was part of some sweet actions like the one their friends have. I wouldn’t care about who gives me it. I just want to be close to someone who treats me well and lets me do the same to him. It would be enough. I don’t need romantic feelings, I only need feelings…


„Shin-a, are you still here?”


Donghae waved his hand in front of her and with this pulled her back to reality: to the fact that even she wants to have kindness in her life, she can’t let not just him but anobody to make her longing for more than she already has. I’d rather should be grateful.


„You haven’t even touched your sandwich.’ Seowon frowned. „Is everything okay?”


„Yes, I have just lost my appetite.”


„I asked whether you come to the party too.” Donghae spoke again.


Party like...


„You’re talking about the radio party, oppa?” Miyeon asked in surprise. „You go?”


„They said it’ll be only for the members.” Seowon added.


„They probably have changed it since someone invited me.” Donghae shrugged and then looked back at Shinkyung in anticipation. „So?”


She fidgeted in her seat. Suddenly her brilliant escaping idea wasn’t brilliant at all.


Me and him in the same place… It’s dangerous. Last time when they were alone she almost got carried away. If she’s truly willing to fulfill her promise, she shouldn’t go but it hasn’t passed two minutes since she said she goes. It’d be too obvious that Donghae is the reason why I backed away and I can’t let anybody no about that thing I have for him. Oh my, why can’t I behave like a perfect girl when it’s about feelings?


„She’s the newest and probably the greatest member of the team, of course she’ll be there.” Eunhyuk said confidently. „You said yes already, aren’t you, dongsaeng-a?”


She was still confused about wether going or not but then she looked up and met Miyeon’s eyes. She was smiling at her encouragingly but her eyes said something else. She looked like it was hard for her supporting her eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter