Chapter 16

Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

╔═ Author’sNote ══════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Wow guys…I’m sooooo sorry. For those who don’t know I’m a super KPOP multi-tasker. I started an Infinite video series as well as some other stuff (check out my profile for more info) but I’m back now. Thanks to owlstyle for reminding me to get my back here. Here we go! MinGyu convo!

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════.♥.═╝

 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ➀➅

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

 

When he entered the room, Minho saw Sungkyu was sitting at Woohyun’s bedside. The heart thrower was still unconscious and had bandages covering parts of his body. As he moved closer Minho realized this was his first time seeing the other since the accident. Actually, he thought, the last time he had really seen Woohyun was that night outside the bar. Right before the bus came.

 

It took a moment before Sungkyu realized he had entered the room. The boy’s narrow eyes widened just a little in reaction to him.

“You asked for me?” Minho asked quietly, already preparing for whatever verbal lashing the other might have prepared for him. But it didn’t come. Sungkyu glanced back at the sleeping boy and spoke. Even though he was looking at Woohyun, Minho knew the Infinite leader was talking to him.

“What you said back in the waiting room. You said that you’ve been with me ever since the bus accident, right?” Minho nodded but then remembered the other wasn’t looking at him.

“That’s right.” He said simply. He felt like he was standing on eggshells. Waiting for the blowout.

“So it was you who stayed at the dorm that day, right?” Minho was quiet. He wasn’t sure he knew what the other was asking him. After the moment drew out, Sungkyu turned and looked at him. Minho noticed for the first time that the older boy was holding Woohyun’s hand. When he met the boy’s eyes they were questioning.

“I don’t know what you mean.” Minho said softly.

“One day I went to wake Woohyun up but he told me he wanted to spend the day in bed. I asked Key to go check on him. Was that you?” After having the boy explain his meaning Minho nodded his head. He saw the older boy visibly relax slightly. It was like some invisible weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. Even though he didn’t remember that day well there must have been something about it that had burdened the leader all this time. He felt sorry towards the older boy.

 

After another long moment the older boy looked back at Woohyun again. He seemed to have something specific in mind but was having trouble finding the words. After he found them he looked back at Minho. His eyes studied the tall boy as he spoke.

“On the stage, it was you who pushed me out of the way, right?” He asked. Minho nodded again but this time the other didn’t seem as relieved by his answer. His eyes flickered away for a moment before looking at him again. “After the light fell, do you remember looking up at me? Do you remember what I said to you?” This time Minho was completely at a loss. Sungkyu looked curious by the reaction Minho must have had on his face.

“When the light fell…I left. It’s hard to explain. Did you say ‘it’s time’?” He asked. The Infinite leader looked just as confused as Minho now.

“No. Did you hear someone say that?” He asked. Minho nodded his head slowly but then stopped. He wasn’t really sure what he knew anymore. That’s what the voice had said right? It all seemed to make sense when he heard it but now he just felt confused. The only thing he remembered clearly was an overwhelming sense of calm. He was pulled from his thoughts as the boy spoke again. “So you didn’t smile at me?” He asked. The boy’s eyes were on Woohyun again and he thought he saw tears growing in the leader’s eyes.

“No. ‘I’ didn’t.” Minho said. He finally understood. Woohyun, the real Woohyun, must have returned to his own body before he went unconscious.

 

●•۰•♡•۰•●

 

It had only taken an hour before news had spread about Woohyun’s accident. The idol had been getting several tweets from their fans wishing him good luck. Minho knew this because he was still in possession of the other’s phone.

 

The other news that had spread just as quickly was that SHINee had been hiding in the audience. There was an uproar from Inspirits and Shawols asking why the SM group was secretly attending the Woollim group’s performance and what the relationship was between the two.

 

It was only after Minho’s own manager came to speak to them that he realized why Infinite’s manager had looked so worn out before. Both groups were gathered in Woohyun’s room with the two managers standing near the door. They asked everyone to gather saying that they had something to tell them.

“As some of you might already be aware, it’s been exposed that you were at the Infinite concert.” SHINee’s manager said, motioning to the three. “Even though it was only you three the fans think all five must have been there. There are even fan pictures of Minho collapsed between Key and Taemin.” Minho glanced at Taemin who snuck a glance to him as well. While all the members of the groups knew about the change, the managers didn’t. There was no way they could tell anyone else. No one would believe them.

“The CEOs of Woollim and SM have been talking. They’ve decided to hold a press conference. Both Infinite and SHINee will be attending. Neither of us even know what’s been going on between you two so the CEOs have asked you to explain yourselves.” Infinite’s manager said, the tired look still in his eyes.

“If there is some friendship going on between you then we’ll need you to be honest about it. Also, you might want to be more open about it for a while, just until things calm down. For that reason, our CEO has suspended all SHINee’s schedules until Infinite’s schedules start back.” Minho nodded at his manager but he felt Jonghyun tense at his side. He had only just gotten back on the stage. Their manager let out a tired sigh and shook his head. Minho could tell the older man didn’t like the CEO’s decision. Even though he understood the hyung’s perspective, Minho was glad to have the time off. It wouldn’t feel right doing performances, concerts and TV shows while Woohyun lay unconscious in bed.

 

●•۰•♡•۰•●

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter