Chapter 14

Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

╔═ Author’sNote ══════════════════════════════════════════════╗

I love your comments. You have no idea how giggly and happy they make me. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Another emotional chapter. I’m excited for it! :D

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════.♥.═╝

 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ➀➃

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

 

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” Minho whispered as he ran his fingers through the younger boy’s hair. He could feel Taemin shaking in his arms. This must be all the pent up stress the maknae had pouring out all at once. He didn’t know what he could do at the moment to help his partner so he only comforted him with apologies and a strong arm. “I’m sorry Taemin.” The boy’s sobs slowly softened until he was quiet. When he finally sat back his eyes and cheeks were pink.

“I’m so glad you’re back.” He said, eyes looking through the bangs hanging in his eyes.

“Woohyun didn’t tell me everything but from what I do know it sounds like you’ve gone through a lot.” Taemin didn’t say anything but simply nodded his head. Taemin looked over his face before voicing his thoughts.

“This is too weird.” He sat back a little to take Minho in completely. “It will take me a while to get used to this.” He admitted.

“As long as you’re willing to try. I’m willing to wait.” Minho said, studying the maknae’s eyes to see any warning signal. There were none. He only smiled at the boy.

“I still love you and it’s still you in there.” He said, a laugh almost coming out as he spoke next. “Just don’t expect me to kiss you.” He added. Both gave a chuckle at this.

“Just once. Woohyun owes me one.” Minho said after a moment of thought. Taemin looked at him curiously. “It’s a long story.” Minho explained. Taemin just nodded. He was used to Minho not telling him things unless there was a reason for it. “Close your eyes.” Minho suggested. The maknae gave a nervous laugh but closed them obediently.

 

Minho looked down at the younger boy. Eyes closed and a nervous smile on his face. Seeing his face like this and so close made the boy’s heart race. It felt like the first time all over again. He brought a gentle hand to the side of the boy’s face, cupping his cheek. He leaned in a little to whisper in the boy’s ear. He attempted to make his voice a bit more like his own as he spoke.

“I love you.” He whispered. Minho watched as the smile on Taemin’s face widened. Then, he leaned in once more but this time meeting the boy’s lips. It was soft and slow. A gentle embrace that made both of their hearts race. Even though there minor differences in this kiss, it was the person behind them that made it wonderful.  

 

●•۰•♡•۰•●

 

The tears began falling before he even realized they were coming. Woohyun’s eyes read over the last message over and over. At this moment, there were no other three words he would want to hear more from the leader. These three words meant everything to him. It proved that the leader knew he was gone. He knew Woohyun was gone and he wished he’d come back to him. It was a sentiment Woohyun shared. In an instant all he could think about was how much he wished he could be himself again. He had always found fault with himself and his life but now looking at it from the outside, he realized it was everything he wanted. As he read over the message once more, Woohyun decided something. He thought about Minho and Taemin in the other room. He thought about Key and Sungyeol. He thought about Hoya. It was time to get his life back too.

 

Woohyun dried his eyes with the back of his hand before focusing on the phone once more. This time, to send a message.

 

•------»Woohyun«------•

ȯ I miss you too.

 

After pressing send he waited for a while. He wondered how long it would take the leader to respond. Or if he would respond at all. Woohyun had decided to just send the rest of his messages when the phone vibrated in his hand.

 

•------»Sungkyu«------•

ȯ Where are you?

•------»Woohyun«------•

╚» I’m at the SHINee dorm.

•------»Sungkyu«------•

ȯ With Key?

•------»Woohyun«------•

╚» No. It’s a long story.

•------»Sungkyu«------•

ȯ When are you coming home?

 

The question made Woohyun teary again. He choked back the new tears and focused on his texting.

 

•------»Woohyun«------•

╚» I’m not sure.

•------»Sungkyu«------•

ȯ Ok.

 

There was silence. Woohyun could feel the stress behind the leader’s words even though he didn’t say much. He knew what the other was thinking. Even though the real Woohyun was texting him, even this conversation wasn’t normal for them. He must still feel alone.

 

•------»Woohyun«------•

ȯ Hyung, weird things have been happening.

╚» I’ve wanted to tell you everything but I’ve been scared.

╚» You know you’re my best friend right?

╚» If I tell you I’m telling you the truth, will you believe me even if it sounds like an absolute lie?

╚» That’s what I’ve been worried about. I’m scared you won’t believe me.

•------»Sungkyu«------•

╚» If you promise you are not joking, I’ll trust you.

 

Woohyun smiled at the phone.

 

•------»Sungkyu«------•

ȯ So what is it?

•------»Woohyun«------•

ȯ I should probably tell you about it in person.

•------»Sungkyu«------•

ȯ Are you on your way home now?

•------»Woohyun«------•

ȯ No

•------»Sungkyu«------•

╚» Then just text me. I don’t wanna wait.

 

Woohyun thought for a moment. Would it be easier this way? If he didn’t believe him at least it would plant the seed of doubt right?

 

•------»Woohyun«------•

╚» I’ve been gone since the accident.

•------»Sungkyu«------•

ȯ I know what you mean. I can tell you are distant.

•------»Woohyun«------•

ȯ No. Not distant.

ȯ I literally have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter