Chapter 15

Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

╔═ Author’sNote ══════════════════════════════════════════════╗

I hope you are still breathing after the last chapter. I know my heart stopped for a moment there. :x

I <3333333 the comments!! You guys make me so happy!! XOXO!!!

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════.♥.═╝

 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ➀➄

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

 

He wasn’t aware that he had opened his eyes until he saw Sungyeol sitting next to the bed. The usually cheerful boy looked weary. He was obviously wearing stage clothes but they were dirty. His hair was messier than usual and his face looked paler too. It took even a moment more to realize he was back in the hospital. He tried to remember what led to him being there but his head hurt. The action of lifting his hand to his head caught the tall boy’s attention. He looked relieved.

“You’re awake. Thank god.” The boy breathed, no air of humor in his voice.

“Where is everyone?”

“Depends on who you mean. We’re scattered all over the place. Both Infinite and SHINee are here. I don’t think anyone knows what to do or where to be right now. I just came here so someone could explain things to you since I know about the switch. Most people are waiting for Minho to get out of surgery.” There was a long moment of silence as he took in what Sungyeol said. Then, clearing his dry throat he spoke.

“What do you mean? You mean Woohyun?” Sungyeol shrugged.

“Ya. Your body. Aka Minho. It’s confusing.” He thought again.

“But I’m Minho.” Sungyeol’s eyes narrowed as he looked at the boy.

“What do you mean? Are you asking me?” Minho shook his head.

“No. I’m telling you. I’m Minho.” He said. His head still hurt. Sungyeol’s mouth had opened and he was just staring at the boy in front of him. “So wait, who is in surgery? Sorry I’m confused.” Minho said, rubbing the hair at his forehead. Without saying anything, Sungyeol stood up and grabbed something by the door. When he returned Minho saw it was a mirror. He handed it to the boy quietly. As Minho turned the mirror upon himself he saw his own face inside it. Not Woohyun’s. But Choi Minho’s. His face. He had his own body back. A wondrous smile crossed his face as he brought his spare hand to his cheek. He was so happy in this instant. The nightmare was over. They were finally back to normal.

 

After a long moment of looking upon his own reflection, Minho lowered the mirror and looked at Sungyeol again.

“So Woohyun is back in his body too? Where is he? Where’s Taemin? I wanna see them.” Sungyeol sat quietly, just staring at him. Minho suddenly noticed the glistening tears appearing in the boy’s eyes. It made the SHINee boy uncomfortable. “Sungyeol? Sungyeol what’s wrong?” The boy let out a cough and moved to wipe the tears away.

“After the accident on stage, Woohyun got hurt really bad…he’s in surgery right now.” Sungyeol said, his voice sounding hollow. The realization hit Minho like cold water. It started coming back to him. The stage light. Woohyun screaming out Sungkyu’s name from the crowd. He was Woohyun in that moment. He had pushed Sungkyu out of the way but then…He felt his body going numb with anxiety. He had thought he was going to die in that moment. Did that mean…? Sungyeol spoke quietly, his voice sounding haunted. “Woohyun passed out in the crowd. Or…I mean…you did. I guess making the switch back knocked you unconscious.” Sungyeol said, his eyes fixed on the bit of blanket he was holding tightly between his hands.

 

There was a long silence between the two. Neither knew what to say. The weight of the new situation dawning on both of them. Woohyun, as Woohyun, was fighting for his life. Minho looked at Sungyeol with guilt. It was his fault Woohyun was in surgery. Finally, he couldn’t take it anymore. It hurt too much seeing the look on Sungyeol’s face.

“You should go be with your friends. You should be there when they find out how the surgery goes.” Minho said quietly. Sungyeol nodded and stood quietly.

“I’ll let the others know you’re awake.” He said without looking at Minho before leaving the room.

 

●•۰•♡•۰•●

 

Once he was alone, Minho felt it all rush at him at once. All the memories and thoughts. The story of a boy who was loved by many and hated by Minho. The boy he had said wasn’t his friend. Nam Woohyun was his friend now. There was so much he didn’t know about the other before. There was so much he knew about him now. Even Minho had changed so much during this short time. There were several times he had felt alone and hopeless but in reality he was never alone. Woohyun was always there with him. They were going through the nightmare together. Did he ever really appreciate that? The momentary joy of realizing he had gotten his own life back only to realize that he had taken Woohyun’s. The weight of that knowledge was suffocating him. Had he killed Woohyun? His only thoughts were of the Infinite boy.

 

He didn’t even notice when the door opened again and Taemin walked in. The maknae must have seen the lost expression on the older boy’s face because he quickly made his way to his bedside. “Are you ok? Minho?” He asked. He could see that Minho was lost in his mind. Without another word, Taemin wrapped his arms carefully around his partner and held him close. Even with the contact, Minho was lost. His eyes unfocused. He was trying to take it in. Understand how things had turned out this way. It had seemed like things were slowly getting better. He had gotten Taemin back. Granted, he had still wanted his real life back, but not like this.

 

●•۰•♡•۰•●

 

He wasn’t sure how long Taemin had been there when he became aware of the boy’s arms around him. He slowly raised his hands and moved the boy away so that he could see his face. Taemin’s eyes quickly searched his.

“Where is everyone else?” Minho asked. Taemin gave him a sad expression. It was obvious he didn’t want to say it. Perhaps afraid of what reaction Minho would have. “I want to- No, I need to see them.” He told the younger boy. Taemin didn’t say anything and just nodded sadly. He moved off the bed and helped Minho stand up as well. Since he had only passed out, he was still wearing his own clothing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter