WGO - Hoya

Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

╔═ Author’sNote ══════════════════════════════════════════════╗

This is my WGO chapter for Hoya. In this one chapter I will show what has been going on behind the scenes with our dance machine up until this point. I already have plots secretly going on for everyone. At this point I’m thinking I’ll end up doing a WGO for all of them eventually. I normally try to keep my chapters about the same length but WGOs are different. I write them as long or as short as I think it takes to explain their story.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════.♥.═╝

 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

WHAT’S GOING ON : HOYA

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

 

Hoya watched his friends talking. Despite his image, he actually speaks well in front of his friends. It only appeared that he was quiet because he was not as loud as most of his teammates.

“Shouldn’t I have more fan boys?” Sungjong asked. Dongwoo, Hoya and Woohyun laughed at the maknae. “I’m serious! Hoya has more fan boys than me but he’s more masculine than me.” Hoya tried not to look awkward at this notice. Why did they always have to include him when they talked like that? Or maybe it was only awkward to him because he knew he was one of the few in the group who didn’t feel that way towards other guys.

“Do you want more fan boys?” Woohyun asked. The maknae threw his hands in front of him suddenly.

“No!!! I’m not like that! I’m just saying~!” Sungjong buried his face in his hands from blushing. Hoya reached out a hand and patted the maknae on the back.

“Most of Hoya’s fan boys are fans of his drama right?” Dongwoo wondered aloud. At that moment Sungkyu walked up. He looked over the group taking the scene in before speaking. There was an annoyed air in his voice.

“Where are Sungyeol and Myungsoo?” He asked.

“I think I saw them going into Myungsoo’s room to play games.” Hoya offered, trying to be useful. Sungkyu looked even more annoyed.

“Sungjong, shouldn’t you be practicing your leg motions from yesterday? Those two should be practicing too.” He said, obviously referring to Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Sungjong looked annoyed already but stood up quietly. He started to walk towards the door but Hoya jumped up and ran over to meet him.

“I’ll go get them. You can start practicing.” He said helpfully. Honestly, he was pretty sure he was the only one who suspected what was really going on in Myungsoo’s room.  

 

As he got to the door of Myungsoo’s room he slowed down. If Sungjong had come up he would have just ran right into the room without thought. Since he was more aware, Hoya considered the best way to approach the situation. Looking around first, he moved up close to the door. He was thankful they were being quiet even though they thought they were alone. It wasn’t that Hoya wasn’t ok with his teammates being gay or biual, he just didn’t want to hear it. Lifting a hand, he knocked on the door lightly.

“Sungkyu wants you guys to come downstairs and practice.” He said, putting his face to the crack so that it would be sure to be heard. There was silence. He was a bit worried he had been wrong. Maybe they were sleeping. Should he go in? “Did you hear me?” He asked.

“We heard you.” Sungyeol called back. He could heard Myungsoo give a nervous laugh.

“Ok. Don’t take too long or Sungkyu might come himself next time.” He warned into the door. With a shake of his head, Hoya returned to the practice room.

 

●•۰•♡•۰•●

 

“I’m so tired.” Sungjong complained into the darkness of the van. Everyone was tired. They were always tired. Hoya kept his eyes closed but he wasn’t sleeping. “What’s the point of training so much? I feel like we put all our energy into training and then don’t have anything left for the performance.” The boy continued. Sungjong let out a loud sigh. Hoya felt Sungyeol tense up next to him. He opened his eyes to see what was going on. Sungjong was resting his head on Myungsoo’s shoulder. Hoya wondered if it bothered the tall boy to see MyungJong even though he must know it didn’t have the same meaning it would have if it were with Sungyeol.

 

They arrived at the dorms. Dongwoo stepped out first. Next should be the maknae but he only let out another groan. “I’m too tired to even move.” He complained, still resting on Myungsoo, forcing him to stay seated.

“Can you just be quiet and get out of the car? We’re all tired.” Sungyeol finally said from the backseat. He managed to keep the venom out of his words but it was obvious he was annoyed. Sungjong’s eyes flew back and met the tall boy’s. When he met Sungyeol’s narrow eyes he got flustered and angry.

“Fine! Whatever!” He yelled, pushing himself toward the door. On his way out he slammed his hand against the van window. Without saying anything else he went inside. One by one everyone climbed out of the car. Sungkyu looked tired but he didn’t look like he wanted to go inside either.

“I know we’re all tired but how about we go get drinks? We should give him time to cool down. I’ve put him under a lot of pressure lately.” The others nodded but Hoya knew they shouldn’t leave the maknae completely alone. He took a step toward the door.

“I’ll stay here with him. You guys have fun.” He offered. They looked relieved to know the dancer would stay behind.  

 

When Hoya got inside, the lights were all off. He knew where the maknae would be so he went straight to their room. Sungjong’s bear was in the middle of the floor, probably post beating. Tonight it would have been Sungyeol. He picked up the poor thing and threw it up on Sungyeol’s bed. Stepping onto the side of his bed, he saw the back of Sungjong. The maknae was lying in his bed facing the wall. He went quiet for a moment, probably wondering who had come in.

“It’s me.” Hoya said quietly. The other was quiet for a moment and then he rolled over. Even in the dark Hoya could tell his eyes were wet. He smiled a bit and ruffled the kid’s hair. “Don’t let it get to you. We all know you work hard.” The maknae sighed.

“I know. It wasn’t really that…” He looked away. Hoya wasn’t sure what to do with the silence. Then, an idea hit him.

“You stay there. Don’t move!” He said as he stepped off the side of the bed and lost sight of the maknae. The dancer made his way to the kitchen. Rummaging into the back of the freezer he found it. The thing he had hidden. When he returned to the bedroom he stepped up and placed it in front of the maknae. It was a small container of ice cream. The boy sat up and looked at him.

“Where did you get that?” He asked shocked.

“My secret. Let’s eat it together. Ok?” He asked. The younger boy smiled and nodded. He moved over a little and Hoya climbed up next to him on the boy’s bed. As soon as they started eating, the boy’s tension seemed to relieve. Soon they were laughing again. Watching the boy’s soft smile, hair falling into his eyes, Hoya thought it was a shame Sungjong wasn’t a girl. He would have liked to date Sungjong if the maknae had been a girl. In fact, he often treated the maknae as if he were a girl.

 

●•۰•♡•۰•●

 

They had finished the ice cream long before but Hoya stayed with the maknae on his bed talking. Sungjong was just talking about something ugly the wardrobe noona made him wear recently when the door opened. The room was still dark but by the tall figure they knew it was their manager.

“Hoya! Sungjong! Get down. Woohyun’s been in an accident. We’re going to the hospital.” He said quickly before leaving the room. It didn’t take anything else for Hoya. He jumped off the side of the bed landing easily. The maknae, however, looked startled. Hoya reached out and took his hands. This caught the boy’s attention.

“Come on.” He said gently. The maknae’s eyes looks so scared and lost but when they met with Hoya’s he caught his breath. Hoya took a step back and helped the boy from the bed.

 

When they got to the van, everyone else was already there. They smelled of alcohol but looked sober enough. Dongwoo was already crying. Myungsoo was comforting him. That’s when he realized Sungkyu wasn’t there. Hoya felt uncomfortable as he sat in the back seat which was oddly empty with only himself and Sungyeol.  The ride to the hospital was eerie and quiet. Sungjong had tried asking the others about the accident but they didn’t say anything. The only thing he managed to find out was that Sungkyu had ridden in the ambulance with Woohyun. 

 

●•۰•♡•۰•●

 

When he saw Woohyun, his heart jumped. The boy had patches and bandages covering various locations on his body. The others instantly ran to his side even though he was still unconscious. Hoya, however, kept his distance. It made him feel uncomfortable seeing the other boy in this state. His relationship with the boy was unique to say the least. They had been better friends once upon a time before their debut but then the other had become awkward. They had remained in that stage for a long time, but seeing him now, Hoya felt like he was looking at his old friend. Back then the other boy often looked like this. Often had bandages and patches covering up his wounds from practice accidents, but this was different. The other boy looked broken and small with so many. It made Hoya want to find the person responsible and beat them up, but this wasn’t some fight. Woohyun had almost died. Almost got hit by a bus. He wasn’t exactly sure of the details, but they had been told that SHINee’s Minho had been injured as well. Staring down at Woohyun made his stomach hurt. Even though he often felt awkward being along with this friend now, he didn’t like seeing him like this.

 

●•۰•♡•۰•●

 

Hoya quietly crawled out of his bed like he did every morning. As he changed into his running clothes he thought about Woohyun. He thought about how they used to be. They were close but something had changed. He wondered why he never tried to chase after the other? To force the friendship to work again. To find out why Woohyun had become distant. After the accident he realized he didn’t want it to end like that. If Woohyun hadn’t been ok…if they never made up…Hoya fought back oncoming tears. He focused his attention on getting ready. He needed to get outside. Somehow the act of running always made him feel better.

 

As he stepped into the living room he made his way toward the bathroom. When he turned he saw the boy who troubled his thoughts. He stopped and looked at the other.

 “You’re up early.” Hoya commented, a bit of astonishment in his voice.

“Trouble sleeping.” Woohyun replied. Hoya gave a sympathetic smile.

“Can’t blame you. You must be pretty shaken from the accident, but at least you can sleep in your own bed instead of being at the hospital.” He offered, trying to sound friendly. He wasn’t really sure how to react at the moment.

“You going for a run?” Woohyun suddenly asked.

“Ya.” Was Hoya’s simple answer.

“Mind if I come with you?” He asked. Hoya felt his heart jump again. Normally the other boy would find the first excuse to ignore him when they found themselves alone.

“Sure! Wanna go in what you’re wearing?” He asked. The other looked at himself and then nodded. Hoya smiled. “Then let’s go.”

 

The colder morning air felt really good as the two made their way outside. Even though they had said they were going for a run, the pair decided to walk instead. Even though they weren’t talking, it didn’t feel the way it normally did when they were silent. It didn’t seem like Woohyun was avoiding talking to him, but rather he seemed to have a lot on his mind. Even though he was glad for the change since it seemed to be a step toward his new goal, Hoya felt a bit awkward that the other was acting so differently.

 

Hoya noticed that Woohyun was looking at him.

“Are you really ok?” Hoya asked, almost tentatively. The other seemed to think a while before responding.

“I’m doing ok for now. It’ll get better.” Hoya nodded and thought. This was his chance. He could use this opportunity to become friends again right? It wasn’t too late. The oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter