Chapter 9: Plan Commence

One Thing Leads To Another

 

 

00:24am

 

 

Changmin felt his blood rush to his head, adrenaline pumping through every part of his body. 16 minutes, he had exactly 16 minutes to wait before he was to make his way through the heavily guarded ground floor of building. Another 15 minutes would consist of the time it took to make it to their car and lastly, 10 minutes window to allow Kyuhyun to make it there before their mission was done and they made their way home. It was a lot of numbers and a strict schedule but Changmin believed he could do it. If he doubted himself for even a second, it could throw Kyuhyun’s plan off, making their capture a bigger reality.

 

 

“Breath Shim Changmin, breath.” He muttered under his breath to calm himself down. The younger had left him to fend for his own but Changmin knew Kyuhyun was out there fighting his own wars. What they were however was a mystery to him. They had been separated for only a short amount of time but for the university student, it felt like forever. All he could do was look down at his watch and pray for Kyuhyun's safety.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

As soon as 00:24am hit, Kyuhyun ran through the door, doing his best to stay hidden. The brunette made sure to close the door as quietly as possible as the sound of the heavy metal doors meeting against each other would tell their enemies exactly where they were. Kyuhyun looked around as he tried to concoct a plan. A receptionist desk was located just around the corner. Stealthy, he crouched his way to the desk and jumped behind as two guards walked passed. Their footsteps were too close for comfort, less than half a metre away. The clanking of their armour and equipment told Kyuhyun they were heavily protected as well as armed. These people had been trained for situations such as this. Being in combat with them was something Kyuhyun wished to avoid at all cost if possible as it would put more strain on his body.

He looked around, finding a small water bottle sitting on the floor next to him. It was half drunk, making it lighter than normal. Taking it in his hand, he threw it over the counter on the opposite side to where Changmin currently was, hiding behind the doors which lead to the stairwell. To avoid the guard’s sight he quickly ducked back.

 

 

“Quick! There’s someone there!” Kyuhyun heard a guard warn as their words were soon followed by heavy footsteps which great quieter as the time went by.

 

 

“Do you see anything?” The second guard question.

 

 

“No. Nothing.” He waited around a minute, listening to the fading sounds before he ran in the same direction as he guards. His job right now was not to get away but in fact, allow an opening for Changmin so he could make it safely to the car. Unlike himself, the university student had no experience in assassination (Kyuhyun would be surprised if he did prior to their meeting) which meant he had a higher percentage of getting caught. Kyuhyun was intelligent and knew exactly what to do if he was found out which meant he was in less danger than the former did. Getting Changmin out was Kyuhyun’s priority as the man technically didn’t do anything but watch. He felt bad for making him see such a thing but it was something Changmin bought upon himself when he said he was going to come along.

 

 

Kyuhyun could see the bright white lights which shone around the area on lock down. Within a matter of minutes, the opposition had already gotten the whole building surrounded.  The brunette looked at his watch, 00:34am. 6 minutes till Changmin was to make his way out. He had found another desk to hide behind. As large building such as this one, it had multiple buildings meaning it had multiple receptions. The reception which Changmin was at the moment was their North location which was their main entrance. Altogether, there were a total of 3 entrances including the main. North, South and East were where they were. All of them were linked as one floor with separated reception desks, stairwell and set of lifts. One thing that was certain was that the floor plan mimicked each other in terms of their ‘sections’. Kyuhyun had quietly made his way from the North of the East with the guards in front of him. Just about making it to the desk, Kyuhyun put his arm up to his heart. It was beating at an alarming rate.

 

 

Calm down Kyuhyun. It will be alright.’ He thought to himself. Currently, he was hiding behind the bottom edge of the desk, sneaking quick glances at the guards to make sure they didn’t me any sudden changes in their movement.

 

 

“What was that?!” As he made his quick check, one of the guards turned his way at the same time. Their shadow which was casted by the bright lights showed the guard his quick movement. Kyuhyun heard footsteps come closer to him. His back was pressed again the desk as he twisted his head to the right. A quick glance at his clock told him the time, 00:40am.

 

 

Changmin was on the move.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Like a mental alarm, bells rang in his head as soon as the second hand hit 12. 00:40am, time for him to move. Following Kyuhyun exact instructions, he left the ‘comfort’ of the stairwell. He opened the door ever so carefully, letting out a squeak that could easily be mistaken for a mouse.

 

 

“Breathe, breathe, breath.” Changmin whispered quietly as he crouched his way to the exit. There were light and sirens blaring from all different angles. The university student did his best to manoeuvre around the ground floor, making as little noise as possible while staying out of sight. The floor was a lot quieter than he had expected. Overall, the way to the outside wasn't as difficult as he had thought it would be. Kyuhyun suitcase was still in his hands as he shuffled closer to the back entrance. It was a large metal door similar to the stairway with a push down long handle instead. Once he was less than a metre away from him, Changmin stood up and ran toward the door with all his strength. No one had noticed him as he quickly used his free hand to press down at the door and escape the building.

 

 

The air was like a trophy to him, blowing at his loosened black locks. Changmin put his gun behind him, lodging it carelessly between him and his jeans. Then, he took his phone out from his pocket and switched it on. The screen lit up and quickly, it became overloaded with missed calls and messages. Changmin almost fell back, his back colliding with the cold door as gently as possible. It was a good idea to have turned it on silence before he switched it off as the sounds that would have come from his phone would have been easily spotted. Needless to say, he was an easy target for everyone. Oh how Kyuhyun would scream at him!

Changmin pressed the home button, taking away any notifications he had on his phone. As his mobile screen moved to the home page of his Samsung Note, he saw an app which was not there before. He pressed on it and out popped a black screen.

 

 

Speak

 

 

In a white font, one word, that was all that was shown. Hesitating, Changmin bought the phone to his lips. He did his best to not stutter in case it would affect the sound the phone received.

 

 

 

“Hello?” He said almost as a quiet whisper. The words disappeared and a small buffering circle took its place on the middle of the screen. It took no more than 30 seconds before the screen changed again but this time to something totally different. It was of a map but its design was different to your normal google maps. It was like a 3-D animation with a green dot to show Changmin where he was. The whole thing was in black with green lines joining up to create the images of buildings and roads. It was just like what he was in the movies. He looked up at his watch to make sure he was on track. The time was now 00:47am.

 

 

 

“!” He was 2 minutes behind schedule. Changmin hoped his long legs would allow him to make up for lost time. Picking up the pass, he looked around to see where he was before following the white line on his phone that showed him where to go. The GPS was telling him to go forward for approximately 2 minutes. Changmin didn't know there was such a setting on GPS which gave him times instead of distance when it came to travelling. Maybe Kyuhyun had set it like that to make sure he was on schedule. Forget that, Changmin was already late.

He followed the white line on his phone, looking up every now and again to make sure he was going the right way as well as look out for anyone who might have noticed him. The GPS took him to the shortest and most hidden route as the student turned a corner and into an alley way. The run was tiring and long seeing as the energy he was using up was that used for a short distance runner. Keeping it up for 15 minutes was going to be tough.

 

 

 

4:23 minutes pased.

 

 

 

Changmin heard chatters of people and quickly pressed his body against the cold, damp wall. He slowly dropped the suit case, carefully setting it down so it didn't make a noise before proceeding to make the screen on his phone dimmer. As he did so, the sounds of what is made out to be two female voices and one male voice was heard from where Changmin was. Their tone was angry and loud, obviously having an argument. He didn't get a good look at their faces or rather, he didn't want to. Every step he took he thought about what consequences it could have. Normally, Changmin would help out but seeing as he was a bit short on time and that he really couldn't allow him to be noticed. Slowly, he slipped away from the fighting bunch and moved down to the next alleyway. As he turned a corner, the sounds of an argument stopped and what felt like a sudden drop in temperature. Changmin wrapped his arms around himself, engulfing his body in a hug.

 

 

 

“AHHHHHH!” A loud screeching scream was heard. The sound pierced the student’s ears drum, leaving a sharp ringing sound that lasted a couple of seconds. Changmin turned his head around towards where the sound was. He recognised the voice. It had belonged to one of the girls just a moment ago. His heart fell into his stomach but after that scream, nothing else was heard. It was almost too silent. Not noticing his heavy breathing, he tried to calm himself down.

 

 

 

“I-I have to go…” He said to no one in particular. Changmin abruptly stood up which made his head feel light. He did his best to keep a steady pose as he pushed himself up from the wall using his free hand. He took one last deep breath and shook his worries aside. Picking out the silver suitcase, the raven kept his head down and continued staring at his watch, making his way through the bare alleyway. His pace became faster as he slipped through a one person street and into the Main Street. The moonlight lit his way as the end of his journey was coming closer.

 

 

You have reached your destination

 

 

It was only when the screen displayed these words did Changmin look up. There, right in front of his was the black car he and Kyuhyun came in. 00:52am; he was early with 3 minutes to spare. He gripped onto the silver case and breathed out a sigh of relief. He had made it.

Changmin rummaged through his pockets as he tried to look for the car keys which were left with him as he was the one who drove. Not wasting any time, he threw the suitcase in the trunk and jumped into the driver’s seat. It was then, everything began to feel real. A sudden weight pushed down at his shoulder. Changmin’s head fell forward as his hands gripped tightly at the wheel. Questions of today's event began flooding his mind. The feeling of regret was not Preston but it was something else that plagued his emotions. Fear. Fear overtook every part of the young student and like what happened in the dark. What came to his mind was not the people who he what witnessed Kyuhyun killing or even the man who had plagued his mind since the first day he set out to look for him but the scream of a young girl. Suddenly, remembering it made Changmin shiver.

 

 

 

“What happened…?” He muttered. Reality had come crashing down.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Changmin waited and waited but the signs of life was nowhere to be seen. He was all alone in this car that wasn’t his, parked in the middle of some street in the dark with only a single street light shining above him. He looked up to the car’s stereo, 01:09am. 4 minutes he had gone over time waiting for Kyuhyun. He was meant to have already left but he couldn’t.

 

 

 

‘Just a bit longer…Just a bit longer…’ He thought over and over again. 4 minutes went to 5 minutes and 5 minutes went to 15. Kyuhyun had still not shown up. Where are you?

Worried, Changmin unbuckled his seat belt and grabbed onto the car handle. Just then, he heard a knock on the car window. He turned to see two man dressed in black, covered from head to toe. One was standing a little further back whereas the other was standing right outside the car’s door. Changmin couldn’t open the door as the man was blocking him from doing so. Instead, his hand automatically moved over to the button, opening the window.  

 

 

 

“Leave this place. You have no business here.” The man closest to him spoke in a light but harsh tone. He was a lot slimmer that the other, almost feminine. On the other hand, the man further away was a little shorter but he was definitely a lot muscular.

 

 

 

“I’m waiting for someone.” Changmin said, feeling the hairs on his arms stand up almost immediately. A gut feeling told him he should not have done that.

 

 

 

“He won’t be coming.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Omg...stupid me had accidentally clicked 'hide chapter'... Here ya go everyone~!