Final

One Thing Leads To Another

 

 

Changmin doesn’t remember exactly when or how he fell for the other. All he knows it that the other is beautiful and that he has indeed fallen for him. If anyone could ask him what the worst thing in the world is, he would say falling for your girlfriend’s brother. That was exactly what he had done. Now, he would be the one to face the consequences alone, not that anyone else deserved to do so other than him.

 

The university student tried to list out different ways in which his confession and ultimate break up could go wrong.

 

 

 

  1. Kyuhyun doesn’t like him back.
  2. Victoria will end up hating him.
  3. They both end up hating him and it never allowed to contact any of the Cho siblings again.

 

 

 

A sigh left his lips as the list began getting longer and longer. All he wishes was for him to be together with Kyuhyun, whether it was in a romantic or a friendly way. As long as he was near, he felt as though he could conquer the world. The thought of that made him smile.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa? Changmin Oppa, let’s go!” Victoria said, waving her hand across Changmin’s face. Yoochun and Junsu were already in his car, Yoochun taking the driver’s seat and Junsu next to him. They were to drop the couple off first before driving back to their apartment but since Yoochun was never one to fully trust Changmin’s driving skills, he would be the one to do the first journey.

 

 

 

“Yeah…”  He said, snapping back to reality. Changmin watched as Victoria made her way to the car, back facing his as he gleefully made her way. As she walked further, the lump in Changmin’s throat got bigger.

 

 

 

“Changmin ssi?” Kyuhyun’s voice calling his name made him turn back quicker than he had liked to. The action caused the former assassin to jump slightly.

 

“Please take care of my sister. She’s the only family I have left.” Changmin doesn’t remember but he swore that was the first time he had saw Kyuhyun smile. It was bright, almost blinding and he knew then and there what he had to do. Jaejoong and Mr Kim were standing by the front door, a few metres away from him and the other.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t.” Changmin replied. Kyuhyun’s eyes grew big before he furrowed his brows with slight anger at the comment. He was about to argue with the student when Changmin stopped him.

 

“VICTORIA!” He shouted from the top of his lungs, turning to face the girl.

 

 

 

“Oppa?” He heard Victoria say as she her heel, confused at the fact that Changmin had not made a move from where she had left him.

“What’s wrong?”

 

 

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t go with you.”

 

 

 

“What?” She said confused to what Changmin was saying. Yesterday he had agreed to leave with her and now he didn’t want to.

 

 

 

“Changmin ssi, what are you saying?!” Before Kyuhyun can grab the student by the collar, Jaejoong jumps in to hold him back. He looks at the elder accusingly but all the detective does is reply with a stern look.

 

 

 

“I’m in love with Kyuhyun.” Is all he says for what feels like the world to fall silent. Kyuhyun stops thrashing and his hands fall beside him at the words of Changmin’s. His eyes which were once on Changmin look over to his sister whose expression is unreadable. For the first time, he is unable to follow the events and his mind blanks out, stopping him from making the next move.

 

 

“I know.” She says and it takes a while but a smile comes to her lips.

 

“I know.” She repeats, this time a little stronger.

 

 

 

“H-How…?”

 

 

 

“I’ve been with you for a long time; I know almost everything about you. From the moment you started liking me, from the moment you stopped. It was only you who didn’t know what you were truly feeling, Oppa.” Victoria replied, the smile growing brighter.

 

“And now that you’ve finally realised your feelings, I hope my idiot brother would do the same!”

 

 

 

“I don’t-“ But his words were cut off when Victoria pouted.

 

 

 

“I’ll leave you two be. When the time is right, I’ll have your things shipped over oppa!” Without a second more, Victoria jumped into the back of the car and told Yoochun to drive to her apartment. It was so fast, Changmin couldn’t even stop her. It took a while for him to start breathing properly again. He turned around to see Kyuhyun still standing next to him but this time Mr Kim and Jaejoong were nowhere in sight.

 

 

 

They don’t know but Victoria let’s out silent tears in the back seat as they drive away. It’s quiet but the two in the front hears them clearly. She didn’t want to say goodbye, she didn’t want to hug him because it would make it that much harder to leave. But she knew it had to be done. Changmin no longer loved her and it was a chance for her brother to finally be happy.

 

 

 

“I like you.” He said out of the blue as he fully turned his body to face Kyuhyun. The other didn’t look up; unable to think properly from what had just happened.

 

“Do you like me?”

 

 

 

“I…think so…” There’s doubt like Changmin had before but this time, Changmin knows exactly how to get rid of it.

 

 

 

“You think or you know.” There was a paused for Kyuhyun to collect his thought for a reply.

 

 

 

“I know.” Changmin lifted Kyuhyun’s head by his chin until their eyes met. He let himself be drowned in the dark brown orbs as he did so when they first met in that old abandoned apartment. Slowly, he leaned in, capturing the soft pink lips of Kyuhyun’s. The former assassin didn’t say anything nor did he move into the kiss but he did not push the other away. They parted for air from the innocent kiss and this time it was Kyuhyun’s turn to look into Changmin’s eyes.

 

 

 

‘Yeah, I like you. A lot.’ He thought to himself.