Chapter 11: Disappointment

One Thing Leads To Another

 

The assassin felt a sudden chill as he stepped out of the car. They had managed to reach their headquarters sooner than he had expected but traffic was quiet at this kind of time at night. Seoul was asleep. The only people who would be awake at this time were those who were either working hard to provide for their family or doing some kind of underground business. Them being the best example there was.
First to get out was the guard sitting in the front seat. Then it was the driver who opened the door for their master. He and Kyuhyun stepped out of the car at the same time. The man made his way into the HQ’s main building with Kyuhyun no less than a step behind him. The guard and the driver separated as the four of them stepped into the building, making their way back to their quarters. This left Kyuhyun and the taller man alone. 

 


“I have a surprise waiting for you upstairs.” The man said as they stepped into the elevator. He pressed the button to the 7th floor on the elevator half heartedly. They waited in silence as the elevator closed its doors and began its journey to their chosen floor. Kyuhyun watched the man from behind, unintentionally boring holes at the back of his master’s head. It took approximately 1 and a half minutes for them to reach the 7th floor of their HQ. The elevator door opened to a blinding white. The man was the first to walk out with Kyuhyun following closely behind. The floor they were in was of a long white hallway that expanded on both ends. The elevator they were on stopped right in front of another wooden door. Kyuhyun looked around, unsure of what to make of the situation. The man took out a key from his coat pocket and inserted it in the keyhole of the only door that belonged to this floor. A perfect fit, Kyuhyun thought with suspicion. He heard a click as the door was unlocked and pushed open with a slight force. The man gestured Kyuhyun to go in first. Without saying a word, Kyuhyun complied. He walked into the room with heavy footsteps. Once he had entered, his eyes widened as he realised what exactly he had walked into.

 


“From now on, this is yours.” The man spoke, swinging his arms out to welcome his favourite assassin to his new ‘home’. Its walls were painted white with and the furniture either baby blue or white. So you can stay pure, it screamed. The floor was a single floor suit with a bathroom, three rooms and a large open kitchen that was linked to a living room. Opposite them was a wall made entirely of glass, overlooking Seoul. No…this was not meant to happen. He wanted to leave. He wanted to run but instead, his feet were glued to the ground. Somehow, he managed to summon his voice in a light worried plea.

 


“Master!” Kyuhyun didn't want any of it. He wanted to go back home, where he belonged. The only place what still made him remember who he was. That old abandoned house he called home was the place that sheltered him after the death of his parents and disappearance of his younger sister. Now that he was given a place in the HQ, he had no excuse to go back outside. Now, it was official. He was one of them. 

 


“Kyuhyun.” His master said in a stern voice. The man turned to face the door with Kyuhyun a few metres away from him, facing his back. 
“I have been very patient with you. I have put up with all of your requests but I know now, I can no longer do that. You have hurt me, Kyuhyun. I cannot allow you to be spoiled any more. Until further notice, you are to stay here.” Before the young assassin could say anything the man stormed off, closing the door shut behind. No, no, no… Kyuhyun ran towards the door and opened it, only to find two handguns pointing right at him. His attention moved to the two in front of him as his master disappeared behind them. He could only recognise one out of the two. 

 


“Please refrain from doing anything that might anger our Master, Kyuhyun-sunbaenim.” Sunggyu spoke in his usual calm voice. Their eyes met and ignited a stare off. Sounds of the elevator told the assassin their master was gone. The second gunman sighed and lowered his gun.

 


“Hyung.” He spoke, putting his arm on Sunggyu’s shoulder. The elder of the two nodded and put his gun down before moving to the side and turning around to allow his back to fall on to the white painted wall.
“Kyuhyun-sunbaenim, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is L.” The handsome boy greeted with a bow. Kyuhyun returned the gesture with a crooked smile. 
“You're probably wondering what’s happening. Please understand that neither Sunggyu-hyung nor I are able to say anything. Please wait in your new home until someone comes to address you.” Home, he said. The boy had a mature face but Kyuhyun could tell he was a lot younger than him. He was never good with interacting with people especially those younger than him though Sungjong was an exception. L addressed the assassin with the upmost formality that made Kyuhyun feel a little awkward. Sunggyu kept to his place as his finger played with his gun that hung loosely on his fingertips. 

 


“Alright.” He didn't want to cause the two any problems, knowing they would not be able to talk their way out of a harsh punishment unlike himself who has done it many times. The younger boy smiled at him and like Sunggyu, turned around and pressed his back against the wall. He remained silent, only keeping his eyes on his feet. They stood at both sides of the door, making sure no one was to come in or leave. Kyuhyun sighed inwardly before making his way back into his new ‘home’. He felt bad leaving the two outside but he knew he wouldn't be able to convince them otherwise. Another sigh escaped his pink plump lips as he made his way to the white leather sofa. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Kyuhyun woke up when he heard a light knock on the door. A groan left his lips as he sat up from the leather sofa. Unintentionally, he had fallen asleep while waiting for the messenger to come and deliver him the news. He brushed his hands through his now messy raven locks, trying to keep them at bay as he stood up and made his way to the front door in a groggily manner. 

 


“Yes?” He answered a moment before he opened his door. Before he could fully take anything in, a thin pair of arms wrapped itself over his his neck and both bodies came crashing down. A loud yelp was heard coming from the assassin which truth be told, felt incredibly foreign on his tongue.

 


“Hyung, are you alright!?” He heard a worried voice ask. Kyuhyun looked over at the cold city boy and nodded which calmed the gunman down a little. 
“Sungjong.” L lifted the younger boy up with a scolding look, not letting his eyes leave the boy’s frame. The boy simply stood there with a pout. A hand which presented itself in front of him which Kyuhyun gladly took. The pull allowed his body to be forced upwards and pull him up on his feet with the help of Hoya who was behind to give him a push.

 


“Thanks.” He said to Sunggyu who was the owner to the outstretched hand. The other simply nodded, not daring to say another word. Kyuhyun looked over and was shocked by the fact the boy L mentioned was indeed Sungjong. He smiled at the younger and held his arms out. The young boy smiled back and ran towards Kyuhyun, jumping into his arms as he did so.
“Hey.” He said, making Sungjong press his face deeper into the elder’s chest. 

 


“I missed you, hyung.” Kyuhyun nodded in agreement as Sungjong moved back slightly, not enough to break free from the hug. The younger gazed upwards to see his beloved hyung’s face. His smile, as fast as it came, disappeared not a moment later. What took its place was an unhappy frown. 

 


“What's wrong? What brings you here?” He spoke with curiosity, noting Sungjong’s change of expression. 

 


“I was sent here to pass a message to you. Kyuhyun-ssi, please have a seat. The change in Sungjong’s voice was at a full 180 degree turn. Of course he himself had that tone when he spoke to others during missions but having Sungjong use this voice at him was a first. It didn't sit right with him. 
Kyuhyun nodded, feeling a lump in his throat which stopped him from using his voice. He stepped back and made his way back to the very same sofa he fell asleep on moments before. The raven sat down with Sungjong and Hoya following closely behind. Sunggyu and L on the other hand, returned to their guarding posts after closing the front door behind them. 

 


“Hyung…” Sungjong’s voice was a lot softer than before. His voice from before was no longer there. Kyuhyun watched as Sungjong sat beside him in the arm white leather single sofa with Hoya standing behind, as if guarding him. Sungjong looked down, not knowing how to give the news to his favourite hyung as he twiddled his thumbs from force of habit. The elder sighed and took a hold of the younger assassin’s hands, making the younger look up in the process. 

 


“Speak.” Kyuhyun said which came more as an order than anything else. The boy nodded and opened his mouth to speak. His voice came like a deflating balloon with his cautiousness and fear.

 


“She's here. Your sister, Victoria has been taken as per Master’s order.” It took a moment for Kyuhyun to register the boys words. At first he saw white, then he saw black and finally it was all red. His eyes widened in the process as the words became clearer in his mind. Kyuhyun stood up abruptly, startling the younger. 

 


“Bring me to her.” He spoke in a cold tone. Kyuhyun felt his breath become uneven, chest moving deeply as his face flushed red with anger. Why is she here? He questioned in his mind. 

 


“I can't-“ Sanity, patience, all the things which made the raven feel human disappeared in a slip second. 

 


“BRING ME TO HER!” Kyuhyun lunged forward, grabbing the younger by his collar. Acting quickly, Hoya managed to pry Kyuhyun's hand off Sungjong with a slight nudge with his palm before pushing the other aside, moving his body in place of him. Kyuhyun and Hoya fell onto the floor with a loud thump. The silent man remained quiet as the cold hard floor cam in contact with his back but a pained expression took over his face. 

“I won't let anyone touch her… I WON’T LET ANYONE TOUCH HER! WHERE IS SHE? WHERE IS VICTORIA!?” Muffled shouting and the loud crash alerted the two outside. The door swung open, presenting the two with Sungjong who was close to tears and Hoya who was on the floor with Kyuhyun on top of him, holding him by the collar. L was about to make his way to the maknae when he stopped in his tracks to look behind. His eyes met Sunggyu’s, as though asking for permission. Their leader looked back at the situation a second time before nodding to L to proceed with his actions. The boy was grateful but said nothing as he ran to Sungjong in hopes to calm the younger down. Their plan had failed. Despite it being Sungjong who broke the news, Kyuhyun still went berserk. Their master had warned them about Kyuhyun's sensitivity towards his sister but never in their wildest dreams did this expect it to be like this.
Sunggyu ran towards the two assassins on the floor. Hoya was doing well keeping calm while Kyuhyun continued to scream curses at the other. Sunggyu sighed and pressed his gun on Kyuhyun's temple. 

 

 

“Stop.” He spoke in a strong tone. Sunggyu knew what Kyuhyun was capable from doing. Right now, presenting a gun to his head was the least sensible thing to do. In terms of experience, Kyuhyun had more, if not the most in the company. It would be a piece of cake for the raven to disarm Sunggyu but Sunggyu wouldn't allow that. It would put all of them in danger. Despite the obvious advantage Kyuhyun had on the young leader, Sunggyu was smart. Right now, the assassin had zero humanity left in him. More beast then man so to say and for a beast to lose against a man could only happen if the man could get the beast to submit to him. 

“Stop.” He repeated in a crisp, clear tone more superior than the last. Kyuhyun registered the voice to be threatening. He hesitated in letting the younger man go but decided not to go against the voice’s orders. Kyuhyun's grip loosened around the tanned assassin’s collar before he was pushed off by the elder gunman. His lips continued to mutter his sisters name as he sat on the cold floor, dazed. 

 

 

“Victoria…Victoria…Victoria…” Sunggyu felt almost sorry for the other but shook his thoughts away. The caramel blond pointed his gun back to the raven, not letting a single opening through. 

 


“I'm sorry.” Sunggyu apologises. Before the assassin could do anything, Sunggyu orders the two to go back to their dorms. He and L would continue to stand guard until further notice. 

 


That night, Kyuhyun doesn't sleep. Instead, he hears the screams of his mother and Victoria as well as the shouts of his fathers through the thick walls of his memory. He does his best to ignore the sounds but nothing stops the voices from piercing his ear drums. He beds them to stop but they spare him no mercy. That night, he is alone and for the first time, he calls for someone to make the voices to stop.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 


Changmin doesn't like the feeling of his empty house. He leaves to stay with friend Yoochun who shares a flat with Junsu. They are shocked by the sudden appearance of the younger but doesn't say anything and lets him stay nonetheless. His head becomes clouded with question about Kyuhyun's whereabouts and how it could link to the disappearance of Victoria. Changmin's worn out body forces him to rest for the night. He does so with a name on his lips. 

 

 


Kyuhyun

 

 

 


 

 

 

Omg... I dont have my laptop right now so I can't grammar check... I'm moving houses and it currently in the new place~ 

 

Thank you for your patience!!!