Chapter 17: Victoria's Capture

One Thing Leads To Another

 

1 Day before Victoria’s Capture

 

 

 

 

Dark was how the man liked it. Wherever he was, the darkness would follow. The 12th floor belonged to him but so did the whole building. However, the 12th floor was what he could call his home. He made floor his on suite apartment with the floor’s hallway painted in full black. The 11th floor however was the place he spent most of his time as it served as his meeting room where his throne sat proudly at the end of the room, right in the middle. However, right at this moment, he would rather be anywhere (even his office in the intelligence office) other than here.

 

 

 

The man in black sat in his makeshift throne, his right hand tapping at the rest of the seat, unimpressed by everything. Using his free hand, he reached up to take his white mask, which covered the top half of his face, off lazily. The white mask slipped off his hand and dropped onto the floor with a small thud. What was hidden behind was now shown for all to see. Sharp piercing eyes, brown and filled with charisma. He was handsome, more so than others. His face could rival many actors and the sharp jawline he possessed didn’t make things any better for the others.

 

The man looked down at the fallen mask with nothing but empty gazes not bothered by the fact that it was just sitting there on the floor. He stared at it for a good minute before a sigh left his lips. His eyes wondered for a bit as he let his head roll in the direction of which his eyes were going.

 

 

 

“I’m bored.” He announced, looking around the seemingly empty room. It had been almost a week since anything happened as he was planning to stir anything up for entertainment. The man tapped his fingers three times with a timed gap between each one. It was a signal which called the closest member to him if he ever needed anything. It took no more than 15 seconds for someone to run over to him. The assassin knelt down in front of the man, keeping his head down low with another following close behind.

 

 

 

“Yes Master.” The first assassin said.

 

 

 

“How is my Kyuhyun doing?” The man asked with poison laced in his words with a disgusting affection for the man in question. The second assassin kept his head hung low, enough that his bangs covered his entire face. He bit his lip, hearing the other’s name come out of the Master’s voice in such a way.

 

 

 

“It appears that Cho Kyuhyun ssi has been in touch with someone else outside of the organisation.” The first guy replied. The second kept his placed, kneeling beside the first with his fists tightened to a ball. The bite on his lip grew stronger, digging harsh on the lower lip enough to draw blood.

 

 

 

“Is that true, Daehyun?” He was unexpectedly calm knowing the news but the second boy knew otherwise. Their Master was fuming inside but kept his cool as he was in front of a member who had yet proved his worthiness in the HQ.

 

 

 

“Yes. His name is Shim Changmin. There’s something odd about him, Master. We did some extra research and we found out he is linked to Cho Victoria, Cho Kyuhyun ssi’s younger sister.” A deadly smirk came to the Master’s lips as he leaned back onto his throne with a small thud. He lifted his hand up, rubbing his chin lightly as though he was thinking about something. The second assassin looked up momentarily, meeting the deadly gaze of the Master for a split second.

 

 

 

“He broke his promise.” The Master whispered, barely audible. The second assassin picked up those words though. Alarm bells rang through his mind in an almost picked way. He kept his position, hoping that the Master didn’t notice his shaking body.

 

“Bring me Cho Victoria, alive as soon as possible. Send Hoya to retrieve Kyuhyun.”

 

 

 

“Yes, Master.” They replied before standing up to leave the room.

 

 

 

“Woohyun, right?” For a second he froze in his steps while Daehyun walked on as there wasn’t anything concerning him. The Master had called him out, expecting him to answer.

 

 

 

“Yes, Master?” Woohyun replied, turning around on his heel to face the Master. He didn’t dare to look the man in his eyes, knowing that it would reveal the fear he had for the other. He tried his best to not appear shaken but the Master was someone in another calibre and Woohyun’s tries to hide himself did nothing to help him. It was too easy, like an open book and the other read him easily.

 

 

 

“Nothing. You can go.” He said with a smile, reaching over to twist a few strands of hair that covered his face. The assassin’s heart fell into his stomach. Quickly, he bowed a new low and fast walked out of the room, not trying to appear desperate to leave. It wasn’t until the door closed behind him that he could finally breathe comfortably. Woohyun walked over to the elevator only to find Daehyun waiting for him inside with the doors wide open. Without exchanging a word, Woohyun swiftly moved inside with one full over net, lunging at the other whilst bragging his collar. The speed of his body caused the other to be pushed back with force and his back came in contact with the elevator walls with a loud bang. It took no more than 10 seconds of the door to close behind them.

 

Their eyes locked for what felt like forever but Woohyun’s glares did nothing to explain his actions. Daehyun was just as surprised as the man himself by the sudden act. It took a breath for Woohyun to realise the awkward situation he had put himself into and quickly, he let go of the boy as fast as he had his hands on him.

 

 

 

“What the ?” Daehyun swore with anger. He was going to spit another remark when Woohyun turned his head back in a glare, warning him to shut his mouth or else. The assassin swallowed his saliva in a gulp before turning his head away to avoid the moody one. It wasn’t until Daehyun got the message that Woohyun pushed the button to the first floor or the elevator.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

Daehyun and Woohyun drove to Victoria’s high school. It was easy for them to find out where she was as they had been monitoring her very closely since she was the younger sister of Cho Kyuhyun. Everything she did, it was documented without anyone knowing. Other than those who were responsible for her in the HQ, no one even knew she existed as a sister of their best killer.

 

Woohyun had received a message not too long ago stating that they would have another person look after her once her capture was complete. Daehyun would be put in charge of another mission and this person was meant to take his place in guarding the girl. She was to be put into one of the cells on the 13th floor which was too extreme according to the younger assassin. Despite that, order must be followed.

 

 

 

“Are you ready?” Daehyun asked as he looked out of the driver’s window.

 

 

 

“Yeah.” Woohyun was sat in the passenger seat, eyes scanning the area. He looked a quick look away from the school gates to see the digital clock on the car’s display. 15:25pm, it read. School had finished a little over 5 minutes ago with the bell ringing for everyone to hear. Students began leaving from the front gate, school bag in hand in groups. For a second, Woohyun actually felt nervous to carry out this mission which was not heard of often.

 

 

 

“Why isn’t she coming out yet? Does she have after school activities?” The brunette asked, clearly annoyed that the time they intended to spend had increased.

 

 

 

“No, I think she’s just talking a little longer than usual. Look.” Woohyun replied. Just as he said that, Victoria was spotted leaving the gates. According to her documents, she was a bright young lady who had a great deal of friends due to her friendly nature. However, they found out that she never once walked out of the school with them. It was as if their friendships were only limited in school and not outside. It was rare for her to meet anyone other than her boyfriend out of school so the two assassins didn’t need to worry about having any witnesses to their kidnapping. She had ear phones as she walked out of the school. Her jet black hair flowed nicely in the wind as she walked towards her house. In that instant, Woohyun stepped out of the vehicle and began tailing the younger girl. Daehyun followed behind in the vehicle closely for a quick getaway.

 

Woohyun put his hood up to cover his face. He walked quickly and carefully to not get caught or arise suspicion. There were many people on the streets of where they were as schools had just finished. Students were going home from all directions but Woohyun was sure this mission was going to finish successfully. Within an hour of receiving the mission, Woohyun had already memorised Victoria’s schedule and daily lifestyle. There was only one way she liked to walk as it was the quickest route to get home.

           

 

 

“2 minutes ahead of you.” Daehyun spoke through their Bluetooth ear set. Woohyun bought his hand up to the device and tapped at it once, telling the other that he understood. Their walk carried on for another 10 minutes with Woohyun watching the girl closely. He watched as aunties and uncles came to greet the girl with one giving her a small bag of something. They had small talk before they all hushed her away in fear that they were keeping her too long from her boyfriend.

 

Woohyun was starting to get inpatient when she turned a corner. His brows furrowed for a bit, shocked that this turn was not one noted in her records.

 

 

 

“Going forward out of plan, locate me.”

 

 

 

“Wait, WHA-“ He could hear the assassin shout but was cut off when he grabbed his earpiece and ripped it out of his ear. Woohyun walked into the corner, bringing him to a semi lit alleyway. His footsteps were non-existent as he walked closer to the now crouched down high school girl. A small noise made his stop in his tracks and was immediately able to connect it to a cat. As he thought, a small calico cat came in view as he walked closer. It was huddled against the girl as she searched the plastic bag given by one of the aunties. A loud hiss from the mammal told Woohyun he was now caught. The girl turned around and their eyes met for a second before she stood up from shock.

 

 

 

“Who-?” She began before stopping herself after realising what was going to happen. She opened to scream but Woohyun was quicker than her voice as he ran up to her, quickly taking a white cloth damn with chloroform from his pocket. His movements were precise and quick as he reached over to cover with the white cloth. Woohyun moved behind her, letting her back fall back on his chest as she struggled to get free. He held in a breath as he felt her struggle begin to weaken. It wasn’t until her body went limp that he finally exhaled. For a moment, he froze with her unconscious body still in his arms, wondering what he had just done to an innocent girl. However, those thoughts were quickly dismissed. He made sure that she wasn’t hurt in any way as he crouched down to pick her up in a bridal style.

 

 

 

“HEY! HYUNG! ANSWER GODDAMN IT!” Daehyun shouted through the earpiece which was handing from Woohyun’s neck.

 

 

 

“Yeah, I’m here. I’ve got her.” Woohyun replied lazily, unable to put the device back on as both his hands were occupied. He heard Daehyun say something but couldn’t quite make out what before he heard a loud sigh and the following.

 

 

 

“I’m in the corner.”