Chapter 3: Present and Confusion

One Thing Leads To Another

 

 

No ones pov

 

 

 

Kyuhyun walked into the huge door, his dark cloak hung over his body, flowing the the wind, his hood kept down, showing his face. The door opened to reveal a dark, grand room, only lit by candle light. A wine, red carpet on the floor, its end meeting a throne. 2 lines of young men and woman not much older then Kyuhyun was on either side. As soon as they say Kyuhyun, they bowed down, greeting him. After so many years, it was still an uncomfortable sight to him. 

 

 

"Welcome home my dear Kyuhyun." A deep voice echoed though the massive room, coming from the throne, there was a man siting there, legs crossed. Kyuhyun kept walking closer until he reached a certain point on the carpet. Focusing, the room was covered in colours of the rich, paintings all over the walls like the Victorian era, extravagant. 

 

 

"I'm back." 

 

 

"How was your outing? Don't tell me you still like in that crummy old warehouse." The man said. His face covered on half, only to reveal his right eye and his red, full lips. He had a deeper shade of brown than Kyuhyun's, his hair too was more or less the same colour as his eyes. It complimented him well. 

"Like I said many times, you can always move out of that place and stay here." 

 

 

"No thank you master... I want to stay there. I like it there. You've already down so much for me, I don't want to burden you anymore." Kyuhyun bite his lip, he didn't want to stay in such a place. Living here meant he would be monitored 24/7, he needed a place to think. He needed a place he could call his own. He needed a place to protect, other than his sister. 'Master' looked at Kyuhyun in amusement, a soft hum escaped his lips. Following the hum, the men and woman standing on either side of the carpet bowed and left he room one by one. Kyuhyun stood still, waiting for whatever punishment he were to receive. His wasn't the fort time something liked this happened.

The man stood up from his seat, slowly walking over to Kyuhyun. He wore black skinny jeans, a black shirt buttoned half way, revealing his muscular chest. A black, silk cape around the bottom if his shirt collar and flowed down to his back. A silver necklace with a key on the end hung from his neck, the key to many people's hearts, a key to many people's escape from this place, Kyuhyun being one of them. 

The clang of the man's black boots got closer, louder each step he made to Kyuhyun. He felt his heart beat faster, his breathing shallower. He never liked it then he master was close by or too far away. He felt stripped when he was near, knowing the master would easily get to his mind and body. However, too far and he won't be able to know what the master was planning next. 

 

 

"Is my little Kyuhyun trying to defy me again?" The man leaned over to Kyuhyun's ear, placing one hand o his should, whispering each word slowly and seductively. His hot breath on Kyuhyun's ear gave a shiver down his spine. The man walked behind him and trailed down, his lips giving light kisses to Kyuhyun's neck. 

 

 

"N-no master." Kyuhyun stood still, he felt the mans arms sliver around his waist, pulling him back. Kyuhyun's body pressed firmly on the man's chest, feeling his heat. 

 

 

"Why don't you move here then?" 

 

 

"I don't want to... There's too many people..." He thought of a lame excuse.

 

 

"Should I dispose of some people to make you happier?" Kyuhyun's eyes widened. He didn't want anyone to die for him. 

 

 

"NO!" A smirk appeared on the mans's face as he buried his head on the crook of Kyuhyun neck, slowly taking in Kyuhyun's scent. 

"I'll think about it... Just don't do anything..." 

 

 

"As you wish, my love." His arms loosened around Kyuhyun waist as he walked back to his throne, moving his cape out of he way, he swiftly, he turned around and sat down on his golden throne.

"You may leave, I have some important guests coming in a bit which is a bit unfortunate. I wanted to have some quality time with you but that will have to wait another day." Kyuhyun bowed down, walking out of the door, he heard the man say something before the door closed behind him. 

Kyuhyun sighed, thanking that he didn't need to spend the night here like he usually would whenever he came here. He saw a small figure in the corner of the room, carefully stealing a glance at him. Their eyes full of worry. Kyuhyun smiled at the small man, walking over he came in for a hug. 

 

 

"You don't have to worry about me, Sungjong." He felt the younger nod slowly as he returned the hug. 

 

 

"I'm glad your safe hyung. Next time, you shouldn't go against master! You know how he's like!" Kyuhyun gave a soft hum, telling he younger he understood what he meant. Kyuhyun let go of the Sungjong, carefully pushing his shoulders away to break the hug, a pout evident on his face. 

"Do you always have to leave so soon?" 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll take you out another time ok? Now go back to Sunggyu and Hoya before they notice you missing." The younger nodded and quickly skipped back to where he came from. He watched intensely as he watched the shadow of Sungjong disappear. He didn't want him to get punished because he was with him. Comfortable with how everything was going, he left the mansion, his masters words on the tip of his tongue. 

 

 

"I look forward to our next meeting." 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Changmin laid Victoria's sleeping figure on her bed, covering her with her duvet to make sure she wasn't too cold. He went downstairs, brewing himself a nice hot cup of coffee before setting down on the coffee table, sinking in the comfort of the sofa. Papers were scattered everywhere, university papers and information files on Cho Kyuhyun. 

His back on the sofa, he rested his arm on his forehead. He felt exhausted, just a few hours ago, there was a knife aimed at his throat, threatening to kill him. Just the thought sent a shiver down his spine.

 

 

"I need to rest..." He muttered to himself. He closed his eyes for a bit, seeing nothing but darkness, he felt his muscles loosening. That was when an image of Kyuhyun popped up for not longer then a split second, his sad and lonely chocolate brown eyes, his expressionless face when he was on top of Changmin came up. Quickly, his eyes shot open, a pang in his heart as he tried to imagine what had happened to Kyuhyun all these years. It can't be anything worst then Victoria though. She was the one hurt most, his pain is nothing compared to hers, Changmin repeated in his head. He felt angry at Kyuhyun, wanting an explanation to why he didn't look for Victoria for all those years. He's the reason behind her nightmares, her late night screams and her sadness. Kyuhyun hurt his love and Kyuhyun was going to pay. 

Sleep had need something Changmin was craving, despite the coffee he'd had, he decided to search for Kyuhyun tomorrow, knowing he was violent, he didn't stand a chance against him if he was exhausted. He laid back on the sofa, too tired to go to his room, he fell asleep. 

 

 

"Oppa! Oppa! Changmin Oppa!" He heard his name get called. He opened his eyes slowly, the white light blinded his for a second, his sigh blurry until he managed to get a clearer picture. It was Victoria who was calling him, no surprised there. 

 

 

"Yes Victoria? What's wrong?" He rubbed his eyes, his hand massaging his head from a headache he got. 

 

 

"Don't you have uni today?" ! Changmin jumped up and looked at the clock, it was 10:00am, his session begins in an hour! 

 

 

"Crap!" He fumbled though his things, thankfully which the help of Victoria, he got ready in 20 minutes. Stuffing what ever he could in his mouth before driving him and Victoria to school. 

"Wait? Why are you going to school so late?" He asked from the car.

 

 

"Oh, there was something at school yesterday so they had to open later today to clean everything up. Let's just say a group of boys with tissue paper and spray paint isn't good combination." I heard Victoria giggled. I nodded, saying goodbye to Victoria and giving her a small peck on the cheek before leaving to his university.

Luckily for him, he had just about made it on time. This was his only session and since it was Victoria's birthday tomorrow, he ought to get her something special. 

The school bell rang, Changmin jumped up from his seat and ran out of the classroom like no tomorrow, he was too fast for even the teacher to stop him. 

 

 

"Present, present...present." His mind repeated. He hopped into his car, buckling himself in, he drove to around to see if there was anything good.  

The sky was nice, a few clouds here and there but otherwise a full blue sky. It was a nice sunny day, perfect to go to the beach. He found himself driving closer to that destination, it had been a year since he last came here with Victoria. This was the very place he and Victoria had their first date and their first kiss. 

He climbed out of his car, parking near the beach, he let himself take in a big breath of fresh air. A smile rose up on his lips as he imagined that very day with Victoria, a memory he didn't want to forget. 

His eyes scanned the place, looking at the shops of the edge of the beach to find one suitable to get present for Victoria. That was when his gaze stopped at something, more like someone. 

 

 

"Cho Kyuhyun?" He muttered to himself, his legs subconsciously moving towards him. Unlike the first time they met, he was wearing casual clothing and looked normal. The sight was almost innocent as Kyuhyun stood in front of a plushy store, looking through the windows, contemplating whether to go in or not. He looked like he was having a crisis which needed help solving. Changmin hadn't realise why he had done until he had done it. His hand was on Cho Kyuhyun's shoulder! He flinched, quickly backing away, expecting the younger to punch him or something. 

 

 

"Yes?" Kyuhyun faced Changmin, turning around. Changmin was surprised that he didn't do anything to him. 

"Don't worry, I wont kill you." Changmin gave a thankful sigh, it was as if Kyuhyun read his mind.

"Not here that is." He stiffened back up again, giving a small 'eek!' Kyuhyun shook his head and sighed. 

"What do you want?" Changmin snapped out of it, despite Kyuhyun being a violent being, he was still human and well, a lot shorted then himself so he should be able to talk to him normally. 

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Kyuhyun looked away, facing the window of the plushy store.

 

 

"It's Victoria's birthday tomorrow." Changmin's eyes widened. 

 

 

"And?" He tried to not sound to surprise.

 

 

"She likes cute things... I don't... I don't fit in here..." He was about to walk away when Changmin grabbed into his wrist.

"Wha-" Before he could say anything, Changmin entered the plushy store, Kyuhyun pulled along behind.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Kyuhyun sat along the top of the sea wall, the beach just in front of him as he dangled his legs. The massive penguin plushy out of its bag, he held onto it like a child, looking at it with outstretched arms. Analysing everything. Changmin came back, holding a chocolate and vanilla ice cream on either hand, siting down next to Kyuhyun. He looked at Kyuhyun and chuckled, the younger turned his head. 

 

 

"What?!" Slight annoyance in his voice despite his face giving no emotion.

 

 

"Don't worry, she'll love it." Kyuhyun nodded, letting the penguin sit on his lap, facing the ocean.

"Here." He headed Kyuhyun the vanilla ice cream. Kyuhyun took it and brought it to his lips.

 

 

"Thanks." Changmin could keep his eyes away from the other as Kyuhyun eat his ice cream silently, watching the waves. All his anger from before disappeared, he could ring himself to shout at the younger for leaving Victoria, but he still needed answers. 

 

 

"Why did you leave her?" Kyuhyun body stiffened. Silence came between them, the sun setting but still bright enough to light up the while sky. All that was heard was he children chattering, adults talking an laugher, Kyuhyun sighed.

 

 

"It wasn't by choice." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After so l decide to update this fic xD I'll tell you a secret. One reason why I wanted to write this fic was because of the scene where Kyuhyun was standing in frot of the plushy store and wondering whether to go in or not xD there also another scene that I really wanted to write but it comes a little later :3 

ah, this fic I don't think it's going to be very long! 10-15 chapters? Not very long... 

Sungjong! Sorry, I love infinite, they had to pop out sometime xD 

 

 

comments and subscrieds will be treasured and loved <3 (all those comments tell me to update was the reason I did it XD)