Chapter 18: Mission Commence

One Thing Leads To Another

Changmin’s heart fell into his stomach as he made his way into the black seven seater van. He tried to convince himself that everything was going to be alright, he himself didn’t believe it. 


They bid Junsu goodbye, leaving Mr Kim with in the Cho Mansion. A smile was kept on the other’s face but Changmin could see behind that, worry plagued his emotions. We’ll come back, he wanted to say but all he could do was return a small smile.  Jaejoong took the driver’s seat, being the only person who knew where they were going while Yoochun sat in the passenger seat. Changmin had no choice but to sit in the back, watching as the buildings passed by and the busy streets of the city turn to more rural scenery. They woke up early despite the mission taking pace late afternoon. It was only now that Changmin knew why the 7:00am alarm was needed. It took an age to make it to the meeting area. By the time they had reached, it was already 14:00pm, 2 hours before they were to infiltrate an assassin’s HQ.

 

 

Falling asleep wasn’t part of the plan but it came naturally to his body as the other two had nothing to say to either of them. The silence invited his slumber and as much as Changmin tried to fight it, it won easily. He couldn’t quite remember how long he slept for but it was enough to make his head pound. 

 

 

“Changmin ssi? Changmin ssi.” He heard a voice call out for him. On cue, his body rocked in time with the calling of his name. The afternoon light blinded him or at least that was what he thought until he realised it was the light belonging to a lightbulb. Changmin rubbed his eyes, hoping to get the sleep away from his body. The action helped as he finally realised where he was, an underground car park. 

 

 

“We’re here.” Yoochun announced, not sparing a glance at the younger. 

 

 

“Where are we?” Changmin asked, looking around at the half empty parking lot. He rolled down the window, letting the strong humidity of a normal car park come through. The two of them left the car after Jaejoong made opened the door of the vehicle. He hadn’t even noticed another donning all black in front of the van until they had come out of it. The boy was a little younger than them, his face covered with a black face mask and a black cap. 

 

 

“L?” Jaejoong asked the boy, receiving only a nod as an answer. The boy looked up, meeting the eyes of all of them before giving a last look at Changmin. Their eyes met each other’s and the student swore it dug daggers into him. If looks could kill, Changmin would definitely be 6 foot under the ground by now. It took him all he had to look away while clearing his throat as an excuse to cover up his fear of the young boy. The boy seemed to notice his harsh gaze and quickly took off his mask and cap. A smile came to his face but didn’t meet his eyes. 

 

 

“Hello, I’m L and I’ll be your guide today. I’m sorry if I come off a little rude, you see we aren’t use to having guests here.” 

 

 

“We understand. It’s nice to meet you, L ssi, I’m Park Yoochun.” The elder said, moving in for a hand shake. L looked down at the extended hand before reaching out to shake it. It was a firm handshake for someone so young and Yoochun noticed that. 

 

 

“Shim Changmin.” Changmin didn’t come in for a handshake as he was standing too far from the younger. He felt the need to keep his distance from the raven. There was a similar feeling between Kyuhyun and the boy but Kyuhyun’s didn’t affect Changmin as much. He blamed it on the fact that the former is Victoria’s brother but he couldn’t promise anything. 

 

 

“ Sunggyu hyung has already told us everything.. Everyone is waiting so please follow me.” The three nodded, taking nothing with them but their rested bodes. Jaejoong locked the car behind them as they made their way to their final destination. The route they took was confusing as they entered a door through the left from the parking lot. After that, everything appeared as dark as night. Changmin wasn’t sure which was he was going but the light from L’s small torch helped guide the way. Yoochun grabbed a hold of Changmin’s wrist like one did to a bad child in case the younger managed to stray away somehow. 

 

 

“How is he?” Jaejoong asked as they turned a right from where they were. 

 

 

“Sunbaenim is keeping up. He found out about the plan not too long ago. As Sunggyu hyung reported, he wishes to join us on the mission. This mission, we lack man power so Sunbaenim joining will help a lot despite his weakened body.” Changmin pretended as though he didn’t know what they were talking about but it was obvious. They were talking about Kyuhyun and how he found out about the mission. From what it seemed like, the mission had been planned for some time. It was surprising the great Cho Kyuhyun only found out not too long ago. He was feeling a little smug as it meant that he knew about the mission before the other which gave him a sort of a firs point, shall we say? All that disappeared when L’s last words registered in his mind. He’s not doing well? What do you mean his body has weakened? He wanted to ask but his lips stayed shut. 


“He will be in charge of the additional members.” 

 

 

“Are you sure about this?” Jaejoong was shocked at hearing the information given by L. Kyuhyun always went alone and the idea of thinking about another other than himself was unheard of. His only reason was to live for Victoria’s sake. Other than that, there was nothing else he needed to throw himself into. However, this time he proposed to protect the new members. Jaejoong couldn’t believe it. 

 

 

“Yes, Sunbaenim insisted as long as we kept his promise.” 

 

 

“What promise?” Damn it, the university student thought. I really need to keep my thoughts inside my mind. Changmin didn’t expect to get an answer from the younger assassin but he did. 

 

 

“That we protect Lady Victoria at all costs.” 

 

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

They intended the plan commence as so: 

 

 

•    L and Hoya: Retrieve Lady Victoria from captivity before meeting Jaejoong in Unit 4 for a quick getaway. 
•    Sungjong and Sunggyu: Break into the 11th floor intelligence office where Master’s private office is located. Collect the black files which contain all the information on the clients, assassins and underground work of the HQ.  
•    Sungyeol: Lead Kyuhyun away from the HQ and reunite with Lady Victoria. 
•    Jaejoong: Wait out at the back of Unit 4 with the vehicle ready to leave.

 

 

It was meant to be ‘simple’. Of course they never did think the six of them could go against a whole building of highly trained assassins but they never intended to go head on and charge to their target. They were some of the best in the HQ and their brains out together outsmarts 90% of those who reside in the building. However, with the addition of Kyuhyun, Yoochun and Changmin, it made things a lot difficult for the 6 of them. Not forgetting Woohyun (and possibly Dongwoo according to Sunggyu’s sources) guarding Victoria, it was doubly difficult for them. 

 

 

“So what do we do now?” The usually quiet Hoya spoke as him, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Kyuhyun and Sunggyu sat together in the Livingroom of Kyuhyun’s apartment. L had gone to collect the others while they waited for the final huddle before moving towards their goal. 

 

 

“We will need to change our plans.” Sunggyu stated, leaning forward with his chin resting on his folded hands. 

 

 

“There is no need for any major changes in your plan. Having too many will result in our downfall.” Kyuhyun said, leaning back onto the softness of the sofa. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. 

 

 

“What’s your suggestion?” The leader asked. The rest of the members now had their gaze on their senior. Kyuhyun kept his eyes closed as the silence took over their meeting for no more than 2 minutes. His thoughts were put in place, his worries now subsided, he was ready.


Slowly, the assassin opened his eyes. The atmosphere changed almost immediately to the point even Sunggyu moved to sit up. It was a sight that the younger were more use o. This was the Cho Kyuhyun’s name sent shivers to every other who did not hold the name. It was he who bought fear and admiration to the others. It was the Cho Kyuhyun those below looked up to and aimed to be, making the HQ grow to what they were today. 

 

 

“I will retrieve the files you need to bring down the HQ. The new members will follow me but stay behind with Sunggyu to back me up in case anything was to happen. Sungjong, L and Hoya will get Victoria while Jaejoong hyung and Sungyeol wait at the van for the quickest and safest get away. We will need two vans, Victoria will leave first.” 

 

 

“Kyuhyun ssi-“ Sunggyu was about to word out his complaint with the plan as Kyuhyun put himself in the spot where danger would most definitely come. Of course with him backing the assassin up, there were fewer risks but there was still on none the less. Being Cho Kyuhyun, the best assassin in the HQ wasn’t always a good thing. It meant more people knew him by appearance and sneaking into the intelligence office was not an easy job late afternoon on a Wednesday. 

 

 

“If anything happens, you are to leave with the others.” It was said in the tone that Sunggyu knew very well. It was known as ‘the final order’ amongst the members as the words said in this tone meant that the decision was final and that nothing was going to change the owner’s voice. Sunggyu nodded, followed by the rest. Before anyone could utter a soul, the front door opened with a click. 

 

 

“I’ve bought them.” L said, holding the door open of the rest of the members. While the others turned to look on, Kyuhyun hesitated for a moment. 

 

 

“Kyuhyun.” A voice called his name. A smile came to his face as he knew it belonged to a close family friend. He suppressed it though, knowing the smile will only show weakness to those around him. 

 

 

“Jaejoong hyung.” He replied, turning to face the others. He could see Changmin behind another man, looking straight at him. Kyuhyun did what he did best and ignored the university student, moving into Jaejoong’s open arms that came for him. Sunggyu ran towards his partner, pulling the young assassin and the new members aside for a quick pep talk.

 

 

“How have you been?” The elder asked with softened eyes. Kyuhyun felt his locks be ruffled, making him look up. Their eyes met and for a second, Kyuhyun saw something in Jaejoong’s eyes that he couldn’t quite figure out. A mixture of guilt and pride but Kyuhyun wasn’t quite sure. He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off. 

 

 

“I’ve filled L and the others in on the situation. We need to move in as soon as possible.” Sunggyu announced, looking over to Kyuhyun. The other looked over at the elder who had ended their embrace. Something told him to that he needed to know what the look the raven gave him but he pushed it back; knowing time was not on their side. 

 

 

“Alright.” Kyuhyun agreed, walking over to Changmin and Yoochun. His eyes we masked with an unreadable emotion. Also covered by a wall, he spoke in a low tone.


“You two are with me. Stay close and do not wonder. If you value your lives, you’ll do as you are told.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In celebration of Got7's comeback today, here is an update!