Chapter 10: The Two Of Them

One Thing Leads To Another

Kyuhyun made sure he was alone. The guards had somehow caught his shadow in the mist of making their way to the East entrance. Trying his best to run away from the action, Kyuhyun slipped away unnoticed by crouching over to the other side of the desk. It was a risky move seeing as there could be over guards on that side but luck was on his side. As the two guards walked over, Kyuhyun ran towards the entrance which led him to the outside. Changmin, if he followed the plan should already be half way out of the building.

 

 

“HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU TWO ARE DOING?!” Kyuhyun heard someone shout. He froze on the spot. Footsteps became louder but he did not dare to move. He felt his heart race as his mind went blank. A hand was felt pressed lightly on his shoulder. As soon as he felt so, he swung his body around and kicked the other in the stomach whilst doing a 180 turn to face the other. Before the guard could left out a scream, Kyuhyun jumped forward and covered their mouth. They fell on the floor with a loud thud. Muttering from where the guard came from became louder. Without any hesitation, Kyuhyun grabbed his hand gun which had a silencer on its mouth from his back pocket and aimed it at the glass windows in front of him. He shot, breaking the glass. The struggling guard who was trapped under the assassin stopped moving in fear that Kyuhyun was going to turn the gun to him. The shattering of the glass re-directed the large group to the opposite direction of Kyuhyun.

 

 

“MMM…MMM!!!” The guard mumbled. Kyuhyun sighed as set his gun down on the floor next to him and reached behind him. He took out a shiny thin object and bought it closer to the guard.

 

 

“Stop struggling. It will only hurt more.” He whispered in the other’s ears trying to calm him down but only alerted him further. Kyuhyun flicked the lid off the syringe. The man’s eyes widened as he went against Kyuhyun's words and struggled more than before, trying to free him from the young assassin. It was useless as Kyuhyun had him perfectly pinned down beneath his body. He pushed the top of the syringe lightly, taking out any excess air that was mixed with the liquid before stabbing it in the man’s neck. The yellow liquid, like an alien species, evaded the guard’s body. Soon, the struggles weakened and sleep over came him. Once Kyuhyun was sure the sleeping medicine was working, Kyuhyun grabbed onto his resting handgun and lifted himself off the sleeping man. He looked at the guard for a second, not happy that he was found out.

 

 

Kyuhyun ran towards the exit, looking in the direction of the broken window just before he exited the building. He felt a drop of sweat fall from his forehead and trail down the right side of his cheek as the cold wind that caressed his face told he had successfully made it out unscathed. However, the boy was still not away from danger. Escaping the guarding in the inner compound was the easy part of this plan. Now, it was navigating through the night and weaving through the people who await him on the outside.

He took out his phone which was hidden between his black attire. The raven clicked onto the app that he had downloaded in Changmin's phone when the other wasn’t around. The app traced his location and drew up a map for the young assassin to follow. He felt a sudden chill down his spine as he jerked his head around to see what was behind him. Nothing came to his view as another sound of a siren bought him back to reality.

 

 

“Focus Cho Kyuhyun…” he muttered. The assassin looked around, trying to figure out where he was on the map before making his way to where Changmin was. He took his handgun from his back pocket, holding it in his right hand as he stealthy made his way to the alleyway from the main road. It was cold as Kyuhyun could see his breath with every exhale. Seoul’s temperature had dropped dramatically from this morning. There was the smell of dampness along with alcohol and cigarettes. With his right hand holding his gun, Kyuhyun used his left to as a guard in case something unexpected was to happen. Having memorised the route to his final destination, Kyuhyun had put his phone back into his pocket where it belonged.

The sound of a shuffle caught his ear as he fell back, pressing his back against the dirty brick wall. He bought his gun up at chest height, pointing it straight as he peered from the wall he was hiding behind. Kyuhyun’s eyes widened with shock at the event that took place right in front of him. The gun in his hand shock almost violently, pointing at the thing in front of him as he continued to watch on. His mouth was opened and his breathing stopped from a split second.

 

 

‘What's going on here?’ His thoughts were in panic as he watched the events take place in front of him.

 

 

“Come out from there, Kyuhyun.” A voice spoke to him, calling him out from the darkness. Kyuhyun twitched as his whole body froze over as if the voice had cast a spell on him. The low, sultry voice was familiar as it reached his ears and made him react in the most unpleasant way. He mustered up all his courage and came out of the shadows. As he made his way to the voice that called for him, he kept his eyes trained on the floor. The boy didn't say anything as he inched closer to the voice. He kept his head down as he didn’t want to meet the person, Kyuhyun stopped just behind the clothed figure dressed in all black.

“I take it you didn't fail me this time?” The person spoke, keeping his sight forward on what was happening in front of them.

 

 

“No, Master.” Kyuhyun replied. He could sense the man was smirking as he turned around to face the boy. The masked man swept his black cloak aside and s his arm around the assassin’s waist. He leaned into Kyuhyun's ear, whispering the words.

 

 

“Good boy.” Kyuhyun forgot to breathe as he tried his best not to jump as he feels his master’s grip on his waist. His eyes darted over to what his master was looking at. Blood painted the floor red as a trail made their way to another part of the alleyway. Three assassins (who Kyuhyun only knew by face) stood beside his master as another two tried to clear up the mess. There were three bodies all together; two belonged to that of a female and one to a male. Their faces have been covered by the shadows but Kyuhyun could tell by their outline of their bodies. Why were they killed? The question remains in his head. Soon, they were out of his sight. All that was left was the blood stain on the floor which bought proof to their lives but even that would be washed away eventually. He closed his eyes, not wanting to watch any more.

 

 

Blood…so much blood… His thoughts wanted to destroy him but he didn't allow that. Kyuhyun casted them aside like how he did everything else.

 

 

Like you did to Victoria.

 

 

Stop, that's not true. Before his thoughts could take over, his master spoke once again.

 

                                            

“We are to go back to HQ.” Kyuhyun's eyes shot opened as he turned to meet his master’s eyes. He was about to open his mouth in protest but was shot down before a word could escape.

“This instant!” The assassin lowered his head and nodded, not wanting to anger his master any further. Once he was satisfied, the masked man let go of Kyuhyun, making his way to the Main Street. Kyuhyun followed quietly, making sure to be within a three step radius of his master. He could hear the others follow behind, with one standing in front to guide everyone out.

 

 Having reached the Main Street, it was awfully quiet. Three black cars were waiting for them one in front of each other. The driver of the first vehicle stepped out to open the door for the man as he stepped in as another person climbed into the front seat. Hesitantly, Kyuhyun walked over to the other side and climbed into the car next to his master. Known to him, it was one thing he disliked the most. Car journeys with his master next to him were the most stressful as there was nothing he could do to make him a least bit scared. Once he was sure everyone was safely in the car, the driver started the car. There were no words exchanged between the 4 of them. Kyuhyun did his best to distract himself without looking as though he was restless.

 

 

“Tell Hoya and Sungjong to go back to the base.” Kyuhyun wanted to ask what Sungjong and Hoya were doing. It wasn't unexpected for them to be outside as they like Kyuhyun were given ‘tasks’ to do every now and again. But it was the first time their master had told them to come back to the base before even confirming their job was finished. What was his master doing there just as Kyuhyun had finished his mission? It couldn't have been a coincidence but Kyuhyun prayed it was only that. A feeling told him something was waiting for him when he got back to HQ.

 As they made their way back to the place Kyuhyun was forced to call home, his mind wondered to the younger student. By this time, the student should have already been making his way home but the assassin wasn't confident. Changmin rarely followed his orders and when he did, it was only if their lives were on the line.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Changmin looked at the two, dumbfounded. He had never met the two in his life but their aura told him he wouldn't to anyway.

 

 

“He won't be coming.” The feminine man spoke in a matter-of-fact tone. Changmin didn't like the way he spoke. It was disrespectful and in a tone of mockery. Changmin was obviously older but the other was having none of that.

 

 

“I'm sorry but I would like it if you minded your own business.” Changmin stared back. He could see, even in the dark the man in the back’s eye brown twitch slightly with irritation but did not move. The thin man leaned in, meeting face to face with Changmin before a chilling, heartless smile came to his lips.

 

 

“I'm sorry but it was you who should have minded your own business in the first place. What you have done, is what he needs to pay for. Now…” The thin man brought a gun from his back pocket and pressed it against changmin’s temple.

“Leave before I kill you.” Changmin gulped. The man though looking as though he could not hurt a fly was anything but that. His tone of voice, the way he presented himself, it was that of a ‘real’ assassin Changmin feared that the muscular man behind him was there not to protect the younger but in fact stop him from going berserk. Their eyes stayed locked for about a minute with the mouth of the gun still pressed firmly on Changmin's temple. He could hear the sound of the trigger being slowly pushed down.the student didn't like what he was doing but decided to give in and do as he was told.

 

 

“I'll go, but on one condition.”

 

 

“Condition? I’m sorry to say this but I don't believe your situation allows you to be the one asking for any ‘conditions’ here.” The boy scoffed but released his gun from the student’s head and took a step back for when Changmin took off. Changmin smiled.

 

 

“I know you don't want to do it so you might as well answer one of my questions.” The other looked shocked but only for a split second that anyone could have easily missed but Changmin didn't. The muscular man stepped forward, walking closer to the thinner one but stayed behind him.

 

 

“Fine.” The boy spoke eventually.

 

 

“How do you know I was here waiting for someone?” The boy was about to speak when the other lifted his arm and rested his hand on the younger’s shoulder. Feeling the other’s hand on his shoulder, he stepped back.

 

 

“We were told you would be waiting for someone here.” The other’s voice was a lot lower than the first. Changmin wanted to ask who that someone was but decided against it. He has requested for one question and he didn't feel as though he was able to push himself luck with those two. Maybe this time, they would actually shoot him in the head.

 

 

“Thank you…for giving me an answer.” The muscular man nodded and stepped back as Changmin started the engine for the car. With a heavy heart, Changmin left the scene, following the instructions on the app that took him to the car. Throughout the drive back to his house he kept wondering. Who were those two people? It was obvious they were in the same field as Kyuhyun but were they his enemy of his friend? Who was the person who told them Changmin was there? It couldn't have been Kyuhyun…right? Did Kyuhyun order them to come and cast him away if he didn't make it in time? Was Kyuhyun in trouble? All those questions began giving him a headache. Worst of all, he had no means of finding any answers which could help this throbbing ache.

 

 

The drive was slow as the want to leave was evidently not there. Changmin kept one hand on the steering wheel while the other was rest on the windowsill, his chin propped on top of it. As the drive towards his house became longer, he heavier his heart became but he was not allowed to turn around. He wouldn't allow himself to turn back. Victoria was waiting for him and he had a promise to keep. Truth he told, he was going to wait for Kyuhyun now matter how long it took but he knew he couldn't keep waiting. He had to go back eventually as staying there would betray Victoria and his promise to protect her. He had left her for long enough. She was probably at home worried and unable to sleep knowing that he had gone for most of the night.

 

 

Changmin stepped out of the car, parking it right in front of his and Victoria's shared house. He noticed the front door of his house was slightly opened. Not enough for anyone to notice unless they took a good look at it. However, Changmin noticed right away. His heart fell into his stomach as he ran into his house, pushing hard on his front door to open it. The force of the door colliding with the all made a loud bang. Changmin was met with nothing but cold air and his house turned upside down. His sofa was lying on its back, picture frames and random items were scatter on the floor. Pieces of glass filled up parts of the house as the glass from the frames broke when they fell.

 

 

“Victoria? VICTORIA! VICTORIA!” He shouted as he ran upstairs to her room. The door, the like front door was left half open. A strong breeze was felt from the opening as Changmin lifted his shaking hand up to the door. He breathed deeply to calm himself before slowly opening the door with his hand. The room was empty and like the living room, no part of the floor was left empty. The window in Victoria's room was opened to its widest, blowing her white curtains which were drawn back. Written on her pure white walls were the words written in red.

 

 

 

 

With this, your debt is paid