Chapter 23: The Angel and The Master

One Thing Leads To Another

 

 

“Hyung!” He heard Sungjong’s voice from afar. The boy rushed over to him with a smile as the back door of the HQ closes behind him. Jaejoong could see from the corner of his eyes a shadow followed by further movement from inside but stays calm in the moment. Sungjong had yet to notice and he didn’t want to alarm the younger by doing something. A smile rises on his lips when Sungjong stops right in front of him.

 

 

 

“You’re safe. Now go along to Sungyeol ssi.” Jaejoong ushers the younger, not before patting the younger on the head as a small compliment. Sungjong leans into the affectionate action with his smile getting wider, nodding once Jaejoong removes his hand from the top of his head. He doesn’t whine at the missing warmth of Jaejoong’s hair like he normally does with Kyuhyun but moves along as he is instructed.

 

 

 

“Ok! I’ll see you later hyung!” Sungjong chirps, in no time rushes towards their vehicle. He’s not stupid, he knows what’s going on but he chooses remains ignorant as it calms down the dark atmosphere around them with a sheet of innocence. The words ‘stay safe’ come out of his lips in a small whisper that’s so faint that Jaejoong nearly misses it, nearly. Jaejoong smiles to himself, his back facing the direction in which Sungjong is in. 

 

 

 

“I will.” He replies but Sungjong is too far ahead to hear. As he gets closer to the vehicle, the maknae understands everything just by looking and quickly hops into the driver’s seat of Jaejoong’s van (despite not really knowing how to drive, he’ll wing it if absolutely needed).

 

Jaejoong wastes no time and enters into the HQ. Everything is the same from how he remembered and from this morning, the only difference being, there around about 40 assassins waiting to complete the mission given to them. They exchange no words but only hard stares. Jaejoong swears he can hear the ticking of a clock in the background but then laughs at the fact there’s a possibility it’s a sign instead. Maybe it’s his internal clock that’s ticking in his ear?

 

 

 

Jaejoong is the first to move as he lifts his gun up and shoots at the closest person in front of him. The bullet rips through the air and pierces thought the thick skin and skull of the target, killing him instantly. It was a lie to say that Jaejoong wasn’t expecting this but 40 were a little too much in his opinion. His gun wasn’t going to cut it. As the other falls down, Jaejoong runs over to catch the katana the man was holding in his right hand. As he made his journey towards the other for his weapon, he switches the gun from his right to his left and puts it back into his holster. With his now free hands, he manages to catch onto the handle of the newly obtained weapon and quickly slashes upwards at the enemies who had chosen to close in on him.

 

 

 

“ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!” A gruelling scream escapes one as his arm is cut off from the attack. Jaejoong throws in another attack but spinning on his heel and letting the movement of his body catch onto those nearby. The move proves fatal as 4 men are victims of the move with a large cut across their torso as a result.

 

 

 

“! ! !” Everyone goes into a panic as their men fall one by on. Jaejoong does his best to dodge every/any attack that comes to his way. In an instant, the group of assassins realise that it was not them who surround the man; it was the man surrounded them. 

 

Hell on earth was what they saw. In a spilt second, their life was cut short with their lifeless body hitting the cold floor with a loud thud. It was only a second but just before the attack had landed on them, they saw the eyes of their killer for who he really was. Black, all black was what they saw. It was then, they realised this pale, beautiful man was the devil in disguise of an angel.

 

 

 

Jaejoong continued fighting this way through the mob only concentrating on wiping out the enemies in front of him to get to Kyuhyun and Sunggyu. His rationality, humanity had all disappeared in the fit of rage. All that remained was his former self, the one he tried so hard to get rid of.  Destroying the files of his past was not enough to erase him fully as the killer was still very much inside of him, just dormant for the time he tried to make himself to be someone new.

 

Blood splattered on his face, his clothes but that still didn’t stop him. By now, some cut had successfully made their way to his body, only scratching the surface. It felt good, it felt bad and it felt right but also felt wrong. By the time he was able to collect his thought, he had already wiped out most of the assassins who, just moments ago stood before him.

 

 

 

“Wh-who are you…?” It was now down to the lone man and Jaejoong. The man, who looked more like a little boy, held his gun with two hands, his legs shaking with fear. Jaejoong opens his mouth but closes it quickly after. Had he been a little more level headed, maybe he would have spared the other but he was tired and his body no longer belonged to Kim Jaejoong. Without warning, Jaejoong slashed upwards, cutting the boy’s head off from his body. His head lolled to the side, falling onto the floor first before the muscles in the other’s body gave in. With that, the rest of the body dropped.

 

 

 

The raven watched as the body lay in front of him for a minute. The racing of his heart was beating against his ribcage, almost forcing itself to jump out of his chest. He didn’t apologise because he didn’t think he deserved to do something so humane. Instead, he decided to run towards the elevator but his actions were stopped when his name was called by a voice he knew very well.

 

 

 

“Hero Jaejoong.” The deepness of the voice, the smoothness that radiates authority has Jaejoong almost to his knees. The past comes rushing in after hearing the voice for what felt like forever. Jaejoong turns slowly, facing in the direction of the voice. The moment their eyes meet, his breathe hitches. He hasn’t changed.

 

 

 

“Master… or should I say, Jung Yunho?”  A chuckle is what Jaejoong receives as a reply as the Master now known as Yunho reaches to his masks and takes it off. It slips of his hand gracefully and onto the floor. His face is how Jaejoong remembers it. Sure, Yunho has ages but so has he. No one is at mercy when it comes to time but Jaejoong thought maybe Yunho does.

 

 

 

“I see that you’re doing well.” Yunho says almost mockingly as he looks Jaejoong up and down. Jaejoong is covered in blood from head to toe but his beauty remained unscathed. Yunho missed the ‘art’ and almost reaches out to other. Jaejoong’s beauty cannot be covered by anything, not even the blood of his enemies. It was one reason why Yunho favoured him best before the other’s ultimate betrayal.

 

Their eyes meet for a second time and Jaejoong does his best to be unaffected by it. He hardens himself, stopping the Master from reading him. Yunho raises a brow at the silence but not for long as Jaejoong opens his mouth to speak.

 

 

 

“It seems that I am and by the looks of it, a lot better than you.” The raven spits and immediately, Yunho’s brow twitches in annoyance.

 

 

 

“That was uncalled for.”

 

 

 

“Everything is called for with what you’ve done.” Jaejoong refused to back down as he had done so many years back when he was still under the organisation. His stance was firm, raising his katana slightly to show that he was ready for what was to come. Yunho noticed that and ran his hand through his hair, his other reaching of his hidden gun located in his back pocket.

 

 

 

“I see. I guess you won’t let me leave peacefully now, will you?” Amiss the terror of what was happening around the HQ he built with his own hands, he had planned to leave without any sort of notice. A leader like that should not be called a leader, Jaejoong thought.

 

 

 

“Peace doesn’t exist as long as you live.” Jaejoong let no time be thrown away as he ran towards his former master, bringing his katana up to his aimed spot. He was going for the heart but he knew an instant kill would be the last thing he would get. After all, Jung Yunho himself was a skilled fighter and only the lucky ones lived to tell the tale of their battle. No one had actually seen him in battle which made it all the more harder for Jaejoong to land a solid blow.

 

He had no past records he could rely on, no skill knowledge that would help him figure out the man’s weakness without causing himself some kind of injury. The raven didn’t want to waste too much energy on the first floor but facing the master was like going into war blind and calling for backup was not an option. He had no choice but to fight seriously.

 

 

 

Yunho dodges Jaejoong’s attack easily, moving only the top half of his body away from the blade that wishes his dead. He reaches up and using the body of his gun, pushes towards the blade, causing Jaejoong to jump back with it. The raven turns in his heel in retaliation and lets the length of the katana to do its work. It manages to cut Yunho shirt but that is all as the man finally jumps back from his spot to avoid the attack. Their eyes meet once again but this time Jaejoong’s eyes are different. He feels different.

 

 

 

“You’re ready to end me, aren’t you?” Yunho questions but they both already know the answer. Still, the detective doesn’t deny him an answer.

 

 

 

“Yeah, I’m ready.” His eyes turn a new cold that the Master had never seen before, at least not directed at him. Jaejoong leads by stabbing forward again. Yunho uses his gun and pushes it on the body of the sword like he did before but this time, he fires. The bullet managed to cut the surface of Jaejoong’s right arm, causing a semi deep cut on the latter. A hiss comes from the raven and Jaejoong doesn’t miss this chance to use his free hand to grab a hold of Yunho’s wrist. They’re stuck together and Jaejoong angles his resting blade downwards before lunging it forward. The detective keeps this body steady and pushes forward, locking their bodies together. It impales Yunho’s torso, going through his body.

 

 

 

“ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!” He lets out a pained shout, choking on the pain. Somehow, the Master manages to free himself, pulling another trigger at the same time which is aimed at the same place he had just gotten stabbed. The bullet goes through but Jaejoong bites his lip to supress a scream. During their separation, Jaejoong’s hand on the katana doesn’t falter and the sword is being pulled out of Yunho as he’s being pushed back. The blood of his former Master is warm on his hands but the pang of guilt doesn’t come until later. He moves in for another attack and he gets it when he lands a large slash on the Leader’s stomach.

 

Yunho is half believing the situation as he gets injured for a second time. Instead of pressing on, he reaches for something in his pocket and Jaejoong instantly knows what it is.

 

 

 

“NO!” The raven shouts but it’s too late and he’s too exhausted when Yunho presses the button on the small black box of the item. Instantly, the wall behind him opens up and Yunho enters without a second thought. Jaejoong knows he’s lost him when the wall closes back and the location of the Master is gone.

 

“ !” Jaejoong swears in frustration as he stands up, clutching at his wound with his left hand and using the right to hold onto the Katana which is now supporting his weight like a cane.

 

 

The detective had forgotten all about that little black box. It had the ability to open all the secret doors without the need to look for the hidden button. Like a master key, it opened all doors in the HQ but only the Master had it. Jaejoong only knew of it as he as the Master’s right hand man, meaning he had seen the device being used many times during their outings. The door which Yunho had escaped from was an unknown to the man, making it harder as he didn’t know where door led to and to try and find the button again was not time friendly enough. Instead, he decided to find Kyuhyun before he bled out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Monsta X came back and I'm more than happy~

Check out their MV below!! :D :D

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1afdZk0qcI&list=PLKg9t9GppTWVpNFXM9O753AdR4YJjvv_o&index=1