Chapter 20: 4th Floor, Intellegence Office

One Thing Leads To Another

 

 

“Proceeding with next location point, over.”  It was all Sunggyu needed to hear to officially begin their infiltration into the intelligence office.

 

 

“You two are to stay here on look out. If anyone approaches you, say that you are the new trainees waiting for Kim Sunggyu to you. They’ll understand your reason for being here but if we take longer than half an hour, leave without us as they’ll start suspecting you.” Sunggyu spoke, making sure the other two took in everything. He grabbed his glasses from his pocket, putting it on before switching the thermal vision. Kyuhyun followed, making sure all his equipment worked.

 

“Sungyeol’s deactivated the cameras for this floor for about an hour, starting from 5pm. In addition to that, any recordings half an hour before and after will be bugged in case once the time is us.” He added. Gearing up, Sunggyu looked over at Kyuhyun, making sure the assassin was comfortable for their move. A nod told the leader that he was in place.

 

“Changmin ssi, Yoochun ssi, could you please help us up?” Kyuhyun looked up at the air vent. Grabbing his dagger and a black rope, he tied the weapon to the end securely.

 

 

 

“Ready?” The assassin asked, looking over at his partner. Sunggyu smiled in return as he positioned Yoochun and Changmin in place. The two had their backs pressed against the walls with their knees bent and hands linked above their front.

 

Kyuhyun tugged on the dagger making sure it was tight before aiming skilfully at the air vent. The dagger flew, cutting between the spaces of the metal cage before falling back from the gravitational pull. The dagger moved, landing horizontally causing it to get stuck in the vent.

 

 

 

“Remember the plan. Report back to us through your ear pieces if anything happens, ok?” Sunggyu repeated sternly.

 

 

 

“Alright.” Yoochun replied, speaking for the first time to the assassins. Sunggyu watched him for a bit, their eyes meeting for no longer than 10 seconds. He could feel it, the aura in the man’s eyes. Something about him screamed to Sunggyu but he couldn’t quite but his finger on it. The feeling was familiar to him but nothing appeared in his mind to remind him of it. Giving up, he pushed the thought to the back of his mind, making sure to put his mission as a priority.

 

 

 

“Stay safe, Sunggyu ssi, Kyuhyun ssi.” Changmin spoke, looking only at Kyuhyun as he wished them their safety. No matter how long he stared, the other would not meet his eyes choosing to focus on his partner instead. The former let out a pout which remained unnoticed by the assassin.

 

Kyuhyun looked up at the vent and pulled onto the rope with one harsh tug causing a small clang of the metal. Catching the fallen cover, he set it quietly on the ground. They waited for a while, making sure that the noise didn’t alarm anyone. To their luck, nothing was noticed. Changmin had given up getting any reaction from Kyuhyun when the brunette put his hands on his shoulder and lifting on leg, ready to be hoisted up.

 

 

 

“We will.” His voice was small and deep but Changmin caught every word even though it was just the two. Corners of his lips threatened to rise but he quickly pressed it down as the reaction was too childish for their current situation.

 

With one movement, Changmin pushed his hands up as soon as Kyuhyun jumped. The brunette’s hands caught the ledge of the vent perfectly. Using his arm’s strength, he pulled the rest of his body up. Once Kyuhyun was safely inside the vent, Sunggyu joined him, using Yoochun as his helper.

 

 

 

The vent was tight, just enough for a skinny person to enter without much difficulty. However, it was highly claustrophobic with the minimal space they were present. Kyuhyun and Sunggyu were used to fitting in small places as many of their missions required them to do so but it would still affect them occasionally with the feeling of a small upset stomach.

 

 

 

“Proceeding.” Sunggyu reported to the two outside. Being on their hands and knees, they crawled their way towards the Master’s office. Like all vents, they were connected to every floor and every room in the HQ which made things a lot more difficult to manoeuvre. However, starting from the outside of the 4th floor made things a lot easier for the assassins. The Master’s room was directly opposite from the entrance making it a straight direction which they needed to travel in the vent.

 

 

 

“Roger.” Yoochun replied, stuffing the cover of the vent into his backpack while moving himself and Changmin to another place to avoid suspicion. The elder made sure to be the one closest to the door in case anything was to happen. Changmin watched intently, taking peaks into the intelligence office through the window occasionally from where he was standing. Yoochun didn’t dare let him get any closer. Taking a face mask out of his bag, he put it on covering over half of his face.

 

 

 

“Hyung? What’s that?” Changmin asked, raising a brow at the mask.

 

 

 

“Been feeling a little under the weather, wouldn’t want you to catch anything.” He answered in a matter of fact way while shrugging his shoulders. Changmin decided to not press on the matter, know what ever distractions should be pushed away as it could ruin the mission for everyone.

 

His thoughts suddenly went back to his originally goal, getting Victoria back from the hands of this ‘Master’ he’s heard little about. For some reason his heart felt heavy. He was getting Victoria back, his girlfriend but other than pure happiness, something else was bothering him. Changmin hated it but there wasn’t anything he could do. The emotions he was feeling was 100% him. If anyone was to blame, it was him.

 

 

 

“What do you want to do after this ends?” I don’t know, I thought I did but I don’t the student thought but those were not the words he said to the elder at the time.

“Is that all you want to do?” Jaejoong’s words repeated in his mind. Maybe if he had been honest, maybe he would have known what he wanted.

 

 

 

“Changmin? You alright?” Waving a hand across the younger’s face. Changmin blinked, once, twice after coming back to reality.  A smile came to his face almost immediately as he looked at the elder, brushing his worries aside.

 

 

 

“I’m fine hyung.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

The two crawled through the vent, making their bodies as light as possible.  It took no more than 5 minutes for them to reach their next location.

 

 

 

“Location point B reached, over.” Sunggyu announced as Kyuhyun removed the cover of the vent and placed it inside. He looked down out for a bit, noting that there was no one in the room and all the blinds were down (as their Master didn’t like to be distracted while working). Turning his body forward, he jumped down, hitting the floor as lightly as possible.

 

 

 

“Roger, nothing to report.” Yoochun replied. Kyuhyun snapped his finger to signal to his partner it was alright to come down. In less than a second, Sunggyu was down from the vent and next to him in the Master’s office. They looked around, breathing in the air of the room as it was a first for anyone other than the Master and his personal assistant who barely anyone knew to step foot in this room. They would normally meet him in his throne room as it was more appropriate for meetings and such.

 

 

 

“Search the left side, I’ll search the right. Did Sungyeol say anything about where the documents might be hidden?” Sunggyu thought for a bit, wondering where the Master might have hidden the secret files containing the darker side of the HQ.

 

It possessed a list of all the clients who were highly involved in the entertainment, political and underground business who has contacted the HQ for a kill. Attached to them are the people who have been targeted and successfully wiped as well as those currently on the kill list. Other than that, it is said to provide underground business of a drug smuggling ring performed by the HQ to increase their black market value while making some extra currency. All of this was highly illegal and if these documents were to get out, the HQ as well as the members would be thrown into deep water. For Kyuhyun and the others, leaving the HQ would be nearly impossible and their names would be out in the open after their release but with Jaejoong on their side, they would be able to work out a deal allowing them to live normal lives while assuming their given name. It was one of the reasons why Sungyeol (who normally minded his own business) decided to help with the mission. Freedom was something everyone wanted and for a chance of it, he would give everything up.

 

 

 

 

“No but he did say something about being hidden within other files. It’s an assumption but better than nothing.” Kyuhyun turned to look at the shelves in front of it.

 

 

 

“Alright then.” There was an old Victorian feel to the room with white and chocolate brown being the main theme of the room. The shelves were made with dark brown mahogany wood with a varnish on top of it, making the light reflect off the surface nicely. It reached to the ceiling and spanned around two side of the wall, filled to the brim with books. Some where the classics, ranging from Shakespeare, Jane Austin and George Orwell while others were of Asian classics that Kyuhyun had read in his free time. However some books were unmarked and Kyuhyun knew what they were or rather what they contained. He had seen it during those dreaded nights he spent with the Master. Those were the books which contained the hidden files only the Master could view. Kyuhyun had seen bit and pieces of the documents but most of them were hidden away. But from what Kyuhyun remembered, a lot were irrelevant to them.

 

“Look for the books which are not marked.” Sunggyu rose a brow, wondering what the elder was saying when something Sungyeol said a while back clicked in his head.

 

 

 

“Master has a lot of books which aren’t published.”  So that was what he meant, the leader thought, giving the other a nod before making his way to the wall located on his left. The unmarked books were a lot less than they had originally thought as they were scattered around the place. Other books helped mask the unmarked ones as they were made to look similar to each other. Luckily for them, both Kyuhyun and Sunggyu had 20/20 vision which allowed them to locate every single unmarked book that came in their way. It was a long process, having to find and take out each one before looking though the documents to see if it was the ones they needed. On top of that, all unmarked books were to be put back to where they originally were to avoid suspicion. About 15 or some minutes into their mission, their radio signalled in. 

 

 

 

“Location point 2 reached, over.” Hoya’s voice came through loud and clear. Sunggyu tapped on his ear piece three times, each one evenly spaced to tell the other his report had been received.

 

28 minutes had passed since they entered the room. It was almost time for Yoochun and Changmin to leave. They could feel the pressure closing in on them as the time ticked by. It didn’t help that the large grandfather clock located behind the Master’s desk was ticking away; almost mocking them that time was running out.

 

 

 

“2 minutes left till the 30 minute mark. None has approached, extend time?” Yoochun spoke, glancing over at Changmin who was starting to look impatient. His face told Yoochun he didn’t want to leave by orders were orders and they had to follow them being the newbies that they were.

 

 

 

“No, leave-“ Kyuhyun ordered but was cut off when Changmin’s voice came on top of his through the ear piece.

 

 

 

“10 minutes, let us wait another 10 minutes.” His voice came out more as a plea though it was obvious that he was trying to hide it. Kyuhyun thought for a while with Sunggyu watching his every move. It was a first to have someone actually try and bargain with the Cho Kyuhyun and the latter found it amusing. Maybe there was something special about the boy that made Kyuhyun more lenient. Whatever it was, Kyuhyun was no longer the same Cho Kyuhyun Sunggyu use to watch from the side-lines, not that it was a bad thing.

With a small sigh, Kyuhyun spoke.

 

 

 

“…5 minutes.” He hesitated but even then, Changmin was quick to add.

 

 

 

“Deal!” He said, almost fearing that Kyuhyun was going to take his word back. The thought though, was enough to make him feel a little lighter on the inside.

 

 

 

“I’ll give you an update when you’re on your last few minutes.” Yoochun added which caused the panic to come back again. Sunggyu replied with a quick ‘right’ before moving back into place, looking through the unmark books. Both Kyuhyun and Sunggyu combined had already gone through close to 50 books. Doubt crossed their mind for a bit.

 

 

 

“Sunggyu, I found it.” Kyuhyun said, almost shocked that the documents were real and in front of it. Sunggyu quickly shoved his book back into its original space before rushing over to the other assassin. He stood near Kyuhyun, looking over his shoulder to read the documents while Kyuhyun flipped the pages. His mind registered all the words written in the black ink and from what he read; they had found the ‘black list’.

 

 

 

“This is it!” He exclaimed, smiling widely at the find.

“We have the documents, we’re leaving now.” Sunggyu reported, informing Jaejoong and Sungyeol not realising he wasn’t connected with Hoya and L at the time.

 

 

 

“Great, come make your way back now. You have 7 minutes.” Yoochun said. Kyuhyun passed the book to Sunggyu who put it in a small backpack that he had bought with him.

 

 

 

*BIRIRIRIRIRIR BRIRIRIRIRIRIRIIRIIIIIIIIII* Not a moment after Sunggyu closed his bag; a sound of an alarm rang. Shocked, the two assassins exchanged a look that only they knew the meaning of.

 

 

 

“!” Sunggyu swore.

 

 

 

“Sunggyu ssi!” Yoochun called as the ringing continued to blast through the HQ.

 

 

 

“CALL IN! CALL IN!” He bit his lips and signalled for Kyuhyun to follow him. They moved over to the entrance, knowing that they would have a better chance fighting though the mass assassins waiting outside the door rather than using their previous route of the vent as there would be people waiting for them on the other side no matter what. They stood on either side of the door with their backs against the wall. During this time, Kyuhyun had taken his choice of weapon of a short katana out while Sunggyu took out his gun.

 

 

 

“Sunggyu hyung? What’s happening?!” L’s voice came through with panic.

 

 

 

“Docum-*static* got the-*static*. Take *static* Vict-*static* and leave! NOW!” A fuzz was coming from the ear piece and right away Sunggyu knew there was something intervening with the connection.

 

 

 

“OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT, THIS IS AN ORDER!” Sunggyu heard someone shout from the other side. The low and demanding voice could only be the one and only Bang Yongguk who was Sunggyu’s previous leader and one of the top three assassins in the HQ. , this isn’t going well.

 

 

 

“Hyung? HYUNG?! What’s your position? Answer me! HYUNG?!” Now there was full on panic in L’s voice as the shouting got louder and louder. Sunggyu looked over at Kyuhyun who nodded. His hand reached over to the door’s handle and slowly, he began to twist the object to the left.

 

 

 

“GYU! *static* What’s going on?!” Woohyun’s voice made him stop in his tracks. He swore the man’s voice was more desperate than L’s (but that wasn’t right as he was meant to be an enemy of theirs). Suddenly the door was flung open from the outside with a large group of assassins on the other side with their guns pointing right at the two. They looked angry, betrayed and frustration.

 

 

 

“They foun- *static* out…! We *static* need to leave *static*!” Sunggyu jumped over to Kyuhyun to regroup.

 

 

 

“We trusted you.” Were Yongguk’s last words before he flung his hand up.

 

 

 

“, Kyuhyun ssi!” It was them a shout was heard and the triggers of the guns were pulled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Bringing these updates~ WOOP!