Cheer him up.

Hold you close

 

The car accident hit him hard, Baekhyun was torn between different things most of the time. The urge to stay in bed became stronger everyday and his grades started to drop, making his friends worry about him even more.

 

~Flashback~

 

Tomorrow we’ll take you to an amusement park Baekhyun, I promise you that! I just have to go to work now okay? I’ll see you tonight.” Baekhyun’s mom gave him a kiss and that’s the last time he saw her beautiful smile. The officer came unexpected of course, Baekhyun hid himself around the corner and overheard the whole conversation.

I’m very sorry for your los sir, we did everything we could but her injuries were really bad and it was already to late.”

“I- I understand, Where is she now?”

“We brought her to the hospital, it’s best if you go there and discuss the options for the funeral.”

That’s when Baekhyun rounded the corner and stared at the two man in front of him with teary eyes. “Dad? What’s going on?” His voice broke and his dad walked over to the smaller boy, kneeling down in front of him and moving a hand trough his hair. “Something happened baeky, Remember when mommy left this morning? When she was on her way back to kiss you goodnight, another person accidently hit her car with his car and mommy fell asleep.” Baekhyun’s dad explained as best as he could to the 7 year old boy.

“But she will wake up tomorrow right? In the hospital?” A hopefull spark reached the young boy’s eyes as he said those words. But his dad shook his head as the his tears started to fall, The man Baekhyun had known as though and protecting was crying right in front of him. Baekhyun reached out his small arms and wrapped them around his dad’s neck before walking over to the officer and looking up at him. “ Did you try to wake up mommy, mr.officer Hyung.”  Baekhyun asked. The officer kneeled down and nodded. “Me and a few other really nice people.” Baekhyun imitated his mom and placed one of his hands on the man’s cheek, pinching it playfully with a smile. “Thank you, Hyung.” Baekhyun said, he saw the tears forming in the man’s eyes as he stood up.

 

The priest spoke some beautiful words and the young Baekhyun couldn’t bring himself to cry. He held his dad’s hand and placed a drawing that he made inside the coffin before it closed. They walked towards the grave, The closest family members carrying the coffin on their shoulders. It was decorated with beautiful flowers from every colour. Baekhyun held his aunt’s hand and walked along with the rest of their loved ones. When the coffin was lowered into the grave, everyone cried, except for Baekhyun. Not fully understanding what was happening, he took a flower from which he knew it was his mom’s favourite and dropped it onto the lowered chest. “Goodnight mommy.” He said, one tear strolling across his cheek and dropping onto the flower.

 

Baekhyun and his dad became really close after that, they did everything together but as Baekhyun grew older he could see his dad getting worse, he was tired, lost a lot of weight and the boy heard him cry in his sleep every night.

 

It was a few months after he turned 18 year old and he walked home with a creepy feeling in his stomach, knowing that something was wrong. He twisted the key, unlocking the front door to his house to find it dark and silent. “Dad?” he called out. No response. “Dad? I’m home!” He tried again. Still no response, he started walking, something dragged him upstairs, he carefully climbed the stairs. There was a light coming from his dad’s bedroom. He opened the door, but found it empty. “Dad? Are you in here somewhere?” Baekhyun raised his voice, making sure he would be heard. That’s when he spotted a small note on the bedside table.

 

 

 

 Dear Baekhyunnie.

 

I wrote this to let you know that I love you and that it wasn’t my intention to leave you on your own so early in your live.

It’s just that, ever since we lost your mom, I became more and more aware of the fact that I don’t belong here anymore. I belong with your mom, son.

Know that I love you and that your mom and I will watch over you from above. We’re proud of you.

Whatever you do, Do not open the door to the bathroom, call the authorities and tell them what you found out,

I’m sorry my little soldier.

 

Commander Dad, Out.

 

Tears dropped on the sheet of paper when he read those last words, he grabbed the phone from the bedside table and called an ambulance.

His dad ended his life with a bullet through his heart.

 

The funeral was sad and cloudy as Baekhyun was now one of the people carrying the coffin to the grave where he buried his mom 11 years ago, Baekhyun wrapped an arm around his grandmother as she cried onto his shoulder. Only letting her go to take one of his toy soldiers from when he was younger out of his suit-pocket and placing it onto the lowered coffin, Th tears kept streaming down his face as he entered his empty home.

 

In those times, his friends stood beside him and helped him every step of the way. Kyungsoo offered Baekhyun to stay in his apartment and sell the house Baekhyun used to live in. He accepted and moved in with Kyungsoo and his other friends; Sehun, Tao, Yixing and Joonmyun. The group was close and they took care of Baekhyun for a long time.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

 

Summer vacation was about to start and Baekhyun barely passed his first year of college with minimal grades. Kyungsoo knew he could do better than that, but he understood the situation his friend was in. The poor guy lost both of his parents and he lost a lot of weight since he buried his dad.

 

“Guys, we have to do something for Baek.” Kyungsoo said as Baekhyun departed to his room and was left with the rest of their group.

“What do you suggest?” Joonmyun said as he finished his dinner and gave Kyungsoo a questioned glance.

“I don’t know, something that distracts him, something that gets his mind off of things.” He answered.

“Maybe we should take him on a trip.” Tao said, absentmindedly.

“OH! We all saved up for that trip to Australia, right?” Yixing said, while dropping the dishes into the sink and leaning against the counter. “Yeah! We did, why?” Kyungsoo asked. “We could just book the trip and take Baekhyun with us, if we all give a little extra we have an extra ticket for him.” Sehun said, taking place at the dining table.

“Okay, let’s do it.” Tao said, a small smile crossing his lips.

“I’ll make the arrangements right now!” Yixing said as he crossed the kitchen and into the living room.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soooo this is the first official chapterrrrrrrrrrr~

I hope you liked it and I will update the second chapter soon! since I have this really great idea in mind and I really want to finish this!

 

Take care and I love everyone who read this! 

Please comment to help me write better! 

imageGif not mine!