Surprise!

Hold you close

 

Baekhyun tapped his pen against his sheet of paper, biting his lips to come up with the answer for this question. He didn’t get the subject at all, math was horrible and he had never been good at it. He needed to get this assignment done in order to pass this year and spend the summer with his friends instead of spending it in summer school.

 

When he finally figured it out, his best friends almost broke to door to his room down with huge smiles on their faces.

“What’s with the creepy smiles?” Baekhyun asked, placing his pen on the sheet after finishing writing down his answer.

“well, Byun Baekhyun, we’ve got a surprise for you.” Kyungsoo said.

“Soo, is this the same as when you took me to that truckers café to have me watch some old guy play the guitar until 4 am in the morning?” the older boy said with a small smile at the memory.

“No, it’s way, way, WAY, better!” he said. “But we need you to pass the year in order to carry out our surprise, so guess who will help you with your homework?” Joonmyun said while a grin played his lips. “You guys really don’t have to do that, I can handle this myse-“ Baekhyun was cut off by Sehun who stood behind him and looked over his answers. “Most of them are wrong Hyung.” He may be the youngest of the group but he’s definitely one of the smart ones, even though he doesn’t always show it. “Okay, fine, help me I don’t get of this assignment and I really just want to pass, whatever the surprise is.” Baek said with a little desperation in his voice.

 

The group spend the night on Baekhyun’s assignment. It was far after midnight when they finished everything and Baekhyun couldn’t explain how thankful he was. If this assignment was a higher grade than his average rating, he would pass the year.

 

It was the last day at school when Baekhyun’s math teacher held him back after class, his friends waiting outside until he came out with either; good or bad news.

“I really hope he passed, this plan is perfect! We’re so lucky that you have a friend over there Joonmyun-hyung.” Tao suddenly said.

“Don’t we all hope so.” Yixing said with a small smile. “He really deserves it after all he’s been through.” He added.

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to say something but the door opened and Baekhyun stepped out of the classroom, saying a few thanks to his teacher and closing the door after him, a smile spreading across his face. “And?” All of them said in unison.

After a few moments of silence and rushing of nerves Baekhyun opened his mouth and yelled: “I PASSED!” They all cheered and hugged their friend.

 

It was 6 pm when they came home from school and all of them sat down around the dining table after Kyungsoo got a little package from his room. “Okay, since you’ve passed, we will show you our surprise.” He said.

“I don’t think that you can top the surprise birthday party from when I turned 19, but try anyway.” Baekhyun said, a smug smile on his face.

“Well, open this then.” Kyungsoo said and shoved the package across the table. Baekhyun unwrapped it and found an envelope in it. He looked up to glance at his friends but their eyes didn’t give anything away.

When he opened the envelope and pulled out the ticket, his face went all pale and his eyes wide. “Wait- what?” he said. “Australia?” he said, more like squealed. “We are going on a 5 week trip to AUSTRALIA!” Yixing exclaimed. “Guys, you really didn’t have to-“ “NO! Don’t go there again Byun, we figured you deserved it after the past year and we wanted to, you have to accept it or else we will tie you to that plane chair and kidnap you.”Kyungsoo said.

“Thank you so much! You guys are literally the best thing that happened to me all those years ago.” Baekhyun said, his eyes tearing up as he pulled all of them into a group hug. “No need to thank us hyung. You deserve it more than anyone.” Tao said, a wide smile spreading his face.

Everyone started packing the night before they left and it was hectic in the dorm. Clothes everywhere, shouting because Sehun lost one of his favourite swim trunks and Tao lost one of his Gucci belts.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had everything organised and helped the others packing and made sure that they didn’t forget anything. When they were finally done and gathered in front of the TV they all let out a sigh. “We’re leaving to the airport at 4 am okay?”Joonmyun said, earning a groan from the two maknaes.

Baekhyun smiled to himself “ I’m really leaving for Australia..” He thought. “Hey guys, I’m going to bed, I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” He suddenly found himself saying before departing to his room. When he closed the door, he kneeled down next to his desk and lifted the rug beneath it to find a small hole in the floor, he lifted the wooden board and took out a book. It said; “Mom and Dad” It was Baekhyun’s secret journal, he wrote in it every day and everything that he had done, who he met and where he’s been was in there. After his mom died, his dad suggested that he had to keep a journal, so that she could read it when she came to visit him at night. He knew it was absolute bull, but after his dad died, he kept doing it because it was like therapy for him, it kept him from thinking weird stuff and doing bad things.

The old dairies were in a box underneath his bed and he reads them sometimes, smiling at the memories of him and his dad, playing with the dairies. They used to make forts in the middle of their living room, both of them trying to protect the dairies from non-existing monsters, Baekhyun was the brave soldier while his dad was the fearless commander.

After his dad died, Baekhyun found his dairies underneath their floor, he kept them inside a box next to his dairies, untouched and he never read them. He was scared that it would be too much for him to handle.

 

Baekhyun opened his dairy and wrote down the events of that day, always finishing with “Love, Baekhyunnie. Your son.”

After that he placed the journal back and crawled into his bed, smiling to himself, he had a good feeling about this.

 

~-----~

 

“Kris!” A tall boy shouted from his position as he saw the slightly taller male approach. “Hey Chanyeol.” He answered. “Are you ready? Jongin is getting impatient and Luhan is finally done with his hair, we only have to pick up Chen now.” Chanyeol said. “Sure, let’s go then or we’ll miss half of the party.”

It was great, spending the summer here with a nice bartender job, Chanyeol couldn’t have asked for more. His job wasn’t that hard, serving drinks behind the bar, flirting with some of the girls and drooling over everything that was handsome, boy or girl. It didn’t matter for Chanyeol.

He had been here for one month now and he already had more one night stands than he could count on both of his hands. He wasn’t proud of it, but he wasn’t bothered by it either.

The group picked up their last member and drove off to the beach party they were invited to, of course, they wouldn’t let such an opportunity slide.

It wasn’t that Chanyeol was a player, he was just looking for a little love in his life. When he was younger, his parents were never there for him. Always at work and too tired to do anything. He was practically raised by his housekeepers. He would find someone eventually, he knew he would.

 

When they arrived at the party they split up like they usually did, Chanyeol was sure he would catch something again tonight. To be honest, he could turn any lesbian straight and any straight male gay just for him and just for one night.

He could get anyone he wanted, he knew that and he wanted it to stop he wanted someone who Loved him for his personality, not just for his good looks.

He would find that person someday, he thought as he made out with the first girl of the evening. He would definitely find that person.

 

 

~----~

 

“ Maybe we should have gotten a later flight, soo” Baekhyun said as he stepped out of the plane and into the warm Australian air. They found out that their flight left at 1 am 2 hours before departure, so they had to rush to the airport in order to get there in time. The boys shook it off and slept through the whole flight until they landed 10 hours later.

“I really didn’t know that we were scheduled for 1 am, I’m so sorry.” He said for the 1000th time that afternoon.

“well, I’m not going to the hotel room and sleep, let’s just change and relax on the beach for a while” Sehun said as he stretched himself.

 

When the boys arrived at the hotel, they split up into their rooms. Room number one with Joonmyun and Yixing, Room number two with Sehun and Tao and the last room with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. As soon as Baekhyun entered the room, he rushed over to the balcony doors and opened them, a beautiful view of Sydney showing and the smell of the ocean reaching his nose, it made him feel relaxed. “So, SooSoo, are you planning on having a summer fling with someone?” Baekhyun said as he walked back to his friend and launched himself onto the bed.

“Hmm, no. I think I’ll pass.” Kyungsoo answered shortly while he neatly placed his clothes into the closet. “What about you? Do you think you’re ready for that?” He added, sparing a glace towards his friend before finishing unpacking.

“I think I’ll let this whole trip just come to me as a..” Baekhyun hesitated a little before siling towards his best friend. “As a surprise!” he said before opening his suitcase and unpacking his stuff in record time. The boys changed into their beach clothes and met the rest down in the lobby before walking towards the beach.

 

~----~

 

“ A lot of new tourists have arrived this morning.”Jongin said with a wiggle of his eyebrows. Chen just rolled his eyes and took the drinks that Chanyeol placed on the counter and served them to his customers.

“Jongin, seriously. Get back to work before we all get fired.’’ Kris scolded and with that, Jongin took off to serve his drinks on the terrace.

Chanyeol helped the people sitting at his side of the bar when he suddenly got an elbow in the rib from Kris. “Hey! What was that for?” Chanyeol exclaimed but Kris took the smaller male his chin between his fingers and turned his face to a certain direction.

“Why hello there” Chanyeol said, a smirk playing his lips as he laid his eyes on the male in the distance.

 

~----~

 

Baekhyun laughed at something Sehun said and placed his bag on the sand, taking out a towel and turned to face his friends . “Do you guys want anything to drink? My treat since you guys took me here.” He said. They all told what they wanted to drink and Baekhyun made his way over to the bar.

“He’s mine.” Chanyeol said as he shoved Kris in the face and walked over to the boy, who just reached the bar. “Hey, What can I get you?” Chanyeol said, a smile on his lips. Baekhyun was a bit startled at first, not expecting such a deep voice along with the male’s face. “Euh, I’ll have 6 cokes please.” Baekhyun answered with a smile. “are you going to carry that all by yourself?” Chanyeol teased. “I’ll take turns.” The older boy winked at the male in front of him. “okay then.” Chanyeol said, a smirk forming as he handed the boy 2 glasses and watched him take of and come back. When he came back for the final 2 glasses, Chanyeol leaned over the bar and tilted his head slightly “Are you here on a holiday?” He asked. The smaller boy nodded and smiled, placing the money for the drinks on the counter. “Oh no, it’s on the house if you tell me your name.” Chanyeol beamed. Baekhyun raised one of his eyebrows and let out a chuckle. “My name is Baekhyun, Keep the change.” He said before walking back to his group of friends.

“Baekhyun.” Chanyeol whispered, the smirk never leaving his lips as he continued to work the rest of his shift. 

 

_______________________________________________________________

 

YAY Chapter two! 

I kept writing until 2;30 am and that's when my parents started yelling at me to go to sleep. 

I noticed that I wrote the beginning really fast and didn't take much time on expanding the story but I really couldn't think of anything that would fit in there.

I HOPE YOU LIKED IT 

Have some baekyeol 

tumblr_mmjzyybsbs1ru1ez2o1_500.gif