Learn to love again

Hold you close

Baekhyun woke slowly, a wave of pain invading his lower back when he tries to move over. His eyes shoot open before closing them again due to the bright light invading the white bedroom, slowly he lets his tired eyes adjust to the sunlight from the open window, taking in his surroundings. He smiles when he smells the scent of fresh baked pancakes and sits up, groaning in the process due to the sting in his lower region.

Baekhyun recalls everything that happened last night and grins towards the door, moving out of the bed and pulling on his boxers before opening Chanyeol’s closet. He pulls a way to large t-shirt from the closet and pulls it over his head, smiling at himself in the mirror.

He makes his way out of the door and shuffles to the kitchen where Chanyeol is busy with making breakfast, he notices the fresh orange juice and all the other little morning snacks.

 

He smiles and silently walks over to Chanyeol before hugging his back. “Good morning~” He hums against the taller’s back.  “Good morning, did you sleep well?”Chanyeol asks as he places the last pancake on the plate. “Hmh,” Was all Baekhyun said.

The younger male turned off the stove and placed the pan in the sink before turning around the embrace the other boy. “I wasn’t able to ask last night, but... Did I, by any chance, hurt you?” He whispers into the other’s hair. Baekhyun shakes his head and smiles up towards the totally cute guy in front of him. “No, it just hurts a little right now, but I’ll be fine. It was-“ he tip-toed and placed his hands onto the taller’s neck. “Totally worth it.” 

He grins and places a light kiss on his lips before pulling back and moving over to the kitchen table. “Did you do this for me?” he asks, a lovely smile playing on his lips. “No, I make breakfast like this every day, for myself of course.” Chanyeol replies in a sarcastic tone. They sat down and ate in a comfortable silence, sparing each other a couple of glances.

 

“Wait, is that my shirt?” Chanyeol asks in disbelieve. “Maybe.” Baekhyun asks as he places his plate onto the kitchen counter. “That is my shirt!” the younger boy exclaims. He blinks a couple of times before moving behind the elder and spins him to face the taller, lifting him up and placing him onto the counter, next to his plate. “Why are you wearing my shirt?” he asks, playing with the fabric between his fingers. “Because~” Baekhyun muses with a seductive grin on his face. “I don’t have any clothes of my own here you idiot.” He continues with a frown.

Chanyeol look up at his face with a disappointed look on his face, but it lightens up in the shortest amount of time. “Byun Baekhyun, Tell me. Are you ticklish?” “Maybe a little, why?” “Because..” Chanyeol let his hands slip to the older’s sides and started tickling him in earnest. “C-Chanyeol STOP!!” Baekhyun started laughing and he pushed Chanyeol off of him before jumping from the counter and running towards the living room, Chanyeol close behind him.

 

Eventually, Chanyeol manages to get a hold of Baekhyun and slides his arms around his waist before falling over and onto the ground with Baekhyun beneath him. “Oxygen—“ Baekhyun groans as Chanyeol flips him over, making him lay down on his back. “Remember when, last night, we were in exactly this position. But with switched roles.” Chanyeol whispers in a husky tone. “You should have seen your face baby, covered in pleasure.” Baekhyun let out a moan from underneath him, moving his hands to toy with the other’s shirt. But Chanyeol took both his wrists in one hand and pinned them above his head. “You were so beautiful, with your lips slightly parted, loud moan spilling from those sinful lips as you kept ri-“ “OH MY GOD THAT’S SO GROSS.” They suddenly heard Jongin yell behind Chanyeol. The tall male let go of Baekhyun and got off of him. “How the hell did you get in?” “Front door.” “Why did I ever give you the key?” “Because we’re best buds.” “Still have my doubts about that.”

 

Suddenly Chanyeol spotted someone behind Jongin, Baekhyun noticed him as well. “Hey soo.” He said with a smile on his face. “Hey, I brought you some clothes, figured you didn’t have any with you when you wound up here last night.” Kyungsoo winked and moved over to stand next to Jongin. “I hope you don’t mind, Baekhyun. But Kyungsoo and I found ourselves in your hotel room and things got a little-“ He glances at Kyungsoo with a lust filled expression. “A little Feisty.” He eventually says. “As long as my bed is still clean, I’m fine with it.” He stands up and moves over to Kyungsoo to take the bag with clothes. “Thank you.” “Welcome.” “So, Kyungsoo and I are going into town today, I don’t know if you guys want to come as well?” Jongin says with a smirk. “Or were we interrupting something private” He earns a light punch into the ribs because of that and he chuckles. “We’re just going to hit the beach I think.” Baekhyun says, glancing up at Chanyeol. “I want to know how to surf by the end of the holiday.” He fakes a pout and Chanyeol pecks his lips at that. “Gross, get a room.” Jongin mumbles under his breath. “We’ll be taking our leave then! Come on Jongin-ah.” Kyungsoo pulls on Jongin arm and with that, they are out the door.

 

 “Well they definitely ruined the moment.” The younger hisses under his breath. Baekhyun hummed in response, walking over to the bag he placed onto the small table next to the couch. Zipping it open and rummaging through the items inside. He smiled when he noticed that Kyungsoo had thought of everything that he needed for the day. Chanyeol let himself fall onto the couch and rubbed his eyes. He yawns a loud yawn, closing his eyes as he let his body relax.

When he suddenly feels a weight pressing on his waist, he crooks an eye open and smiles at the boy on top of him. “When are we going to leave for the beach?” He asks, bouncing up and down in excitement. Chanyeol stretched his arm and pointed at the terrace doors. “I’m surprised that you didn’t notice but- the beach is right outside.” He said with a grin on his face. Baekhyun got off of him and made his way towards the doors, shoving the curtains aside and admiring the amazing view. “You live in a great place.” He mumbles under his breath as he opens the door. Chanyeol stands up when Baekhyun steps outside and follows him silently. Baekhyun takes place on the small bench and he seems.. Lost.

Chanyeol places a hand on the boy’s shoulder and offers him a light smile. “Do you want some tea?” He asks. Baekhyun nods and turns his gaze towards the ocean again.

Why did this place look so familiar to him?

 

~Flashback.~

 

“Baeky!” Baekhyun heard his name being called from down stairs. The young boy placed his toys on the ground and walked to his door, small hands grasping the doorknob before opening it. “Mommy! You’re home!” he run down the stairs and hugged her leg as she placed hung up her coat and placed her purse on the small table. “How was your day honey? Did you do good at school?” She asked, crouching down to face him. “I got a compliment from the teacher when we were singing!” He smiled proudly, earning a kiss on the cheek from his mother. “Eww mom!” the little boy wiped his cheek from any remains of her lipstick and scrunched his nose. “Oh, can’t your own mom kiss your cheek baeky?” Baekhyun shook his head. “You’re wearing that pink smushy stuff on your lips. It’s gross.” He pulled a face and his mom giggled. He loved it when he made her laugh.

 

Dinner that night was the usual. Baekhyun always noticed how much in love his parents were, waking up and going to sleep with kisses. Still playing around the house if there was time, throwing foam at each other while doing the dishes. Baekhyun felt their happiness. “Baekhyun. Remember when daddy and I told you about when we got married?” His mother asked. Baekhyun nodded “You looked like a princes and daddy was your knight in shining armour because you didn’t want to marry the prince, right?” She nodded.

Baekhyun remembered the story his mom told him about true love always finding a way, that it’s that little sparkle of light deep inside the darkness. His mom came from a rich and wealthy family, her parents had arranged a marriage with a boy from another family. By joining their families, the riches would expand to a maximum and that idea was what appealed everyone. His mom was the first born into the family, making her the one that was supposed to get married to the first born of the other family. “My dear, You have to marry the first son of the park family, you’re the only person that can defend our honour.” Baekhyun’s grandpa  had said.

5 days before the marriage. Baekhyun’s mom sat down onto the couch in one of the many rooms of the park residence. She started to cry, silently. That’s when she met dad. He sat down beside her and asked her what was wrong. She told him everything and exclaimed that she didn’t want to marry this man. Dad hugged her until she was calm again and with that she apologized. “I’m sorry, sir. I didn’t mean to tell you my life-story in a nutshell.” “It’s okay. I’ll let you in on a little secret. The man you were talking about is my best friend. We grew up together.” Baekhyun’s mom stared at him in shock and apologized again. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to insult him I-“ “Don’t worry so much! I was going to tell you that he feels the same way about the marriage. He doesn’t want to marry you either, but he would like you to be a friend.” His dad had said back then.

The story about how they fell in love is a special one and up until this day, dad is the one person that truly makes her happy. She keeps telling me that when I ask her to tell me the story again. Mr. Park turned out to have found a woman of his own. Dad said that they had gotten into a fight and that he had broke contact with him. 

 

“Baekhyun?” His mom looked at him with concerned eyes. “Ah sorry! I was thinking!” Was what he said when he snapped out of his thoughts. “We have something to show you.” “Oh? What is it?” he said curiously.” “It’s a surprise.” “Awwh! Just tell me already!” His dad shook his head and smirked at him. “Appa!!” Baekhyun pouted. “After dinner, promise!” Was what his dad had said. Baekhyun continued eating again and helped his mom with the dishes. “What was the surprise?” He said. “Well, there are actually two surprises!” His mom patted her lap and he climbed onto it, glancing at the laptop screen infront of him. “What do you think about this house Baekhyun?” “It looks nice!” He had said. “We’re going there in a few months! Mommy and I rented it and that means that we will go to Australia for two weeks. Do you like that?” “I do! Thank you Appa and umma!” He kissed them both on their cheeks. “And now, the other surprise.” His mom said. “Am I allowed to stay up longer at night?” He exclaimed with a huge smile. His mom shook his head and took his tiny hand to place it onto her stomach. “You’re getting a baby brother or sister.”

 

~End of flashback.~

 

Now that he thought about it. ‘Park’ was a familiar name. He shrugged it off and glanced around. This was indeed the same house that they were going to rent. But it didn’t matter anymore. He was here. Maybe not with his parents, but he was here with his best friends and Chanyeol who made him smile without even trying to. Chanyeol came back with two cups of tea and handed one to the boy that was sitting on one of the lounge seats. “Thank you.” Baekhyun smiled up at him before returning his gaze to the ocean. “I have a surfboard in the shed, we could use that one and just stay here for the day.” Baekhyun nodded at the offer and swallowed his tea. “That’s fine with me, it’s really quiet here. “ He said. “The people who rent the beach houses usually go to the public beaches.” “You have your own private beach?” “Are you complaining?” Chanyeol arched an eyebrow and placed his cup against his lips. “Nope.” “Good.”

 

They spend the whole day together and Chanyeol felt as if it was the best choice to let Baekhyun stay with him after the events of the night before. Chanyeol starts liking the idea of having the elder by his side and disposes of the thought that he could end up with another heart break.

He’s falling slowly and steadily, not knowing that Baekhyun already fell hard for him.

Chanyeol just needed to learn how to love again. 

 

________________________________________________________________

 

Whoop Whoop! New chapterrrr

I'm very grateful for the amount of love this fic gets! 

Thank you so much and please leave your comment on what you think and tips to let me improve my writing! 

Please anticipate the next chapter!